Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

22 minutes ago, Cdn_Psych_Today said:

Did they announce they were doing interviews this year? Which program at UCalgary? The counselling or the school psych? 

Counselling psych (the M.Sc). Pretty sure they always do interviews? Either way, I got an email saying they are reviewing all applications and shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview and they are planning to hold them the week of the 17th. I was under the impression everyone who applied to counselling psych got that email!

3 minutes ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

Counselling psych (the M.Sc). Pretty sure they always do interviews? Either way, I got an email saying they are reviewing all applications and shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview and they are planning to hold them the week of the 17th. I was under the impression everyone who applied to counselling psych got that email!

I didn't apply, I was just curious - all of the programs do it a bit differently 

36 minutes ago, optimisticfutureinpsyc said:

Does the school pysc at UofC do interviews? Also when do you guys think McMaster will send out interviews for the MSc in psychotherapy program?

I also haven't heard anything back from UofA, UofOttawa or UofT... (but I'm pretty sure they don't do interviews for their counselling programs)

Yup - UofT doesn't have interviews for counselling psychology

10 minutes ago, TeeM2022 said:

Yup - UofT doesn't have interviews for counselling psychology

I thought OISE's Counselling and Clinical psychology program does? Do you mean the Counselling and Psychotherapy one (the M.Ed)?

1 hour ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

I thought OISE's Counselling and Clinical psychology program does? Do you mean the Counselling and Psychotherapy one (the M.Ed)?

I don't know about the OISE - MA CCP (clinical and counselling program) at UofT, but the MEd - Counselling and Psychotherapy does not have an interview

4 hours ago, optimisticfutureinpsyc said:

Does the school pysc at UofC do interviews? Also when do you guys think McMaster will send out interviews for the MSc in psychotherapy program?

I also haven't heard anything back from UofA, UofOttawa or UofT... (but I'm pretty sure they don't do interviews for their counselling programs)

I've heard mixed things about the interview/no interview for SACP (school psych) at UCalgary. Personally, I was accepted to their SACP program in 2020 (early Feb) and they never interviewed me. That said, I think they interview some people, so it may be on a case-by-case basis. I never ended up attending there though, so I really don't know much more about it.

Too early to hear anything from back from UAlberta . . . I don't know much about the other programs, so I can't comment on the others.

Hi everyone! I saw a couple of people (like 4) report on the results page that they got emails for pre interviews with POIs for the clinical psychology (Utsg) program. Just wondering if pre-interviews with POIs are required for the formal interview or not? If you don’t get an invite for a pre interview should you just assume you haven’t been chosen this year? 

26 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

Hi! To the person who posted their interview invite today on the results page for clinical psychology at UofT can you please message me? Thanks!! 

Sorry, can I please ask what is the results page? I've seen reference to it earlier as well. Thank you.

Can someone clarify the difference between OGS vs CGSM to me?

Is my understanding correct that unlike the CGSM with its limitations of only listing 3 schools, OGS is applicable to all Ontario schools so if you have let's says 8 Ontario schools on your list, you can submit the exact same OGS application to each of those 8 schools? Or is there a limit as to how many schools you can apply for OGS as well?

On 1/6/2022 at 4:55 PM, TeeM2022 said:

I don't know about the OISE - MA CCP (clinical and counselling program) at UofT, but the MEd - Counselling and Psychotherapy does not have an interview

OISE - MA (CCP and SCCP) do have interviews :)