Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

3 hours ago, keo14 said:

@applypsychcongrats on admission! I was curious if U of C gave a deadline for accepting admission offers? I was waitlisted and am still holding out hope! 

A few years ago, for MSc SACP at UCalgary, the admission offer lasted exactly one month, so perhaps give it at least a month.

38 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

Hi everyone, I checked my web advisor status this morning and it changed to “refused, no space”. Seems like the competition is superrrrrr tough this year. Congrats to those still in the game! Wishing you all the luck ❤️

Same here unfortunately. Good luck to everyone who received an interview offer!

I just finished my interview this morning for half-hour with McMaster MSc Psychotherapy.  They had two people interviewing, a psychologist and social worker both professors of the program. It was pretty intense for me but they both seemed like really nice people. The questions were straight forward and they seemed to want to know who you are as a person, what's your motivation for the program and why you think you'll be a good fit. 

Overall, I think I had a good interview! Crossing my fingers on getting an admission offer.

7 minutes ago, PsychMocha said:

I just finished my interview this morning for half-hour with McMaster MSc Psychotherapy.  They had two people interviewing, a psychologist and social worker both professors of the program. It was pretty intense for me but they both seemed like really nice people. The questions were straight forward and they seemed to want to know who you are as a person, what's your motivation for the program and why you think you'll be a good fit. 

Overall, I think I had a good interview! Crossing my fingers on getting an admission offer.

Congrats! I also had mine today, and can second what PsychMocha has said in terms of how it was conducted. Happy to answer a question or two in my inbox if anyone needs.

So apparently AK at McGill sent out interview invites last week, and forwarded the top candidates today, but I've literally not heard of anything from any other profs from McGill here or on the discord... are only some profs interviewing? I have no idea what McGill is doing this year because nobody has said anything in the results page or forums and I find that very strange

Thinking about the people on this forum. Most of you are so over qualified (like triple or quadtruple the basic requirements) for the positions applied. I wondered how graduate programs evaluate who to take and who not to take.

It's kinda painful waiting for the result. I thought I was a strong candidate coming in but I feel less and less hope as the days rolled by.

Edited by PsychMocha

1 hour ago, M.Ed123 said:

Anybody heard anything from Western yet? 

PS - hang in there everybody, this is a wee bit painful, but we got it!

I haven’t heard anything but I emailed them last week asking when the interviews are and this is their response which is super vague. Someone else also emailed them and they said sometime February. 

Your application has been sent along to the Admissions Committee for review.  We understand that applicants are eager to hear the outcome of their application.  As soon as the Admissions Committee provides us with their decision, we inform applicants as soon as possible.

Hi all, thanks for the great resource and community I'm seeing on this forum.

I have checked my email everyday day since Nov. 2 (lol) to see if I have been accepted to U of O MEd Counselling Psych, still nothing. Last year, my rejection came in a whopping 23 days after the application deadline, and now this year... nothing, and it's halfway through February. The stress is real. 

Has anyone else received really speedy rejections (or acceptances) from any schools in the past?

4 hours ago, Tryingmybesthere said:

Hi all, thanks for the great resource and community I'm seeing on this forum.

I have checked my email everyday day since Nov. 2 (lol) to see if I have been accepted to U of O MEd Counselling Psych, still nothing. Last year, my rejection came in a whopping 23 days after the application deadline, and now this year... nothing, and it's halfway through February. The stress is real. 

Has anyone else received really speedy rejections (or acceptances) from any schools in the past?

On last years forum + the admission results forum (and a friend I know in the program who got in last year) it seems like a good portion of applicants UofO Med received their admission status around Feb 25! In that case we are tortured for only one more week lol

On 2/15/2022 at 2:18 PM, carlrogersfan98 said:

So apparently AK at McGill sent out interview invites last week, and forwarded the top candidates today, but I've literally not heard of anything from any other profs from McGill here or on the discord... are only some profs interviewing? I have no idea what McGill is doing this year because nobody has said anything in the results page or forums and I find that very strange

You should hear around March 5-10! They forwarded all the top candidates but they have some behind the scenes stuff to finish before word is sent out. 

16 minutes ago, CounsellingCoffee said:

You should hear around March 5-10! They forwarded all the top candidates but they have some behind the scenes stuff to finish before word is sent out. 

Sweet, do you know if all profs did interviews? Just wanna know if I'm still in the running there or I should assume a rejection :)

3 hours ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

U of A course-based results have been released, at least for the Waitlisted students!

Does it show whether you've been waitlisted through the portal or do they email you? I haven't received an email yet and my portal still says "under review." :( I dont know if I should take this as a bad sign