Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

8 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

Hey, has anybody reached out to UofT/Todd regarding their application status? I emailed yesterday and haven’t gotten a response yet but everyone says Todd replies pretty quickly so just wondering if anyone who reached out has heard back from them/him?

I emailed him last month. He took around a week to get back to me.

8 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

Hey, has anybody reached out to UofT/Todd regarding their application status? I emailed yesterday and haven’t gotten a response yet but everyone says Todd replies pretty quickly so just wondering if anyone who reached out has heard back from them/him?

People who have reached out were told mid to end of April. So that is the timeline I'm working with, anything sooner will be considered a bonus at this point!

17 hours ago, WickedWorld91 said:

Thanks for the response! You are right about broadening the schools I've applied to. I just moved from the Maritimes to Alberta about a year and a half ago so I was reluctant to have to move again unless I got into clinical, but for the next cycle I will definitely be a lot less fussy about geography. 

I don't think you've mentioned this yet but what about your research fit with the institutions you are applying to? you can have the best stats in the world but not have the best research fit, which might be hurting you in things such as your statement and during interview. I am also from Alberta and I personally don't have much good research fit in U of C and U of A.

That might be something worth reflecting on.

23 hours ago, ManukaHoney said:

Don’t lose out hope yet! OISE hasn’t sent out any decisions to anyone yet. 

But, i know what you mean. It’s my first time applying (only applied to OISE too, restricted geographically) and just from reading from other posts from people who have been chosen and comparing my experiences to theirs, I feel so discouraged. If I dont get in this round, I will try the second round at OISE again and then apply to private schools too. 

Crossing my fingers for us both! We'll get through this one way or another. Thanks for sharing your story as well, it's really interesting how you came from a clinical background (I had a similar situation as well where a lot of my early experiences were research-based)!

23 hours ago, postpostmodern said:

This is a great perspective, thank you for posting this. I didn't mean to come off as if it was just all about checking the boxes! So much of getting accepted is up to mysterious factors that we can't predict. I wish you luck with OISE!

Glad to share my experiences :)  And no worries, it didn't come off that way at all! I can tell you're really passionate about this and wanted to do everything you could to strengthen your application. 

Thanks so much for the well wishes. Best of luck with your program as well!

3 hours ago, MHTherapy said:

I did and I have yet to hear from him!

I also got an email and update to the portal this morning but for OISE's Counselling and Clinical Psychology program. Also rejected but knew that was going to happen as I didn't interview. 

Still no update for the MEd Counselling/Psychotherapy stream though!

6 minutes ago, JustTryingMyBest said:

I also heard back from MA CCP but not MEd CP. I'm at work and the email made my heart stop.. didn't get in though lol

LOL SAME!!!! sitting in my office right now unable to focus on anything. Now for the rest of the week my heart is gonna drop every time I refresh my email

5 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

Same! I keep refreshing the SGS portal

yup me too! does yours still only say submitted? so weird that last year people said theirs would change to under review but mine has remained submitted since i submitted it in november

Just now, MHTherapy said:

yup me too! does yours still only say submitted? so weird that last year people said theirs would change to under review but mine has remained submitted since i submitted it in november

Yes mine says submitted! I spoke with someone from the admission office and they told me that there’s been some technical issues hence the delay in them getting back so I’m guessing it says “submitted” rather than “under review” due to the technical glitches 

46 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

Sameee here no response. I thought they usually send out acceptances first, then rejections? I am super confused because from what I know I haven’t heard of any acceptances from the program yet.

I got rejections from both Clinical & Counselling in the portal. It still says "submitted" but then there's a status update when I click on the actual application. So weird that no one else got a response from CP... 

1 minute ago, stillpsych said:

I got rejections from both Clinical & Counselling in the portal. It still says "submitted" but then there's a status update when I click on the actual application. So weird that no one else got a response from CP... 

that’s so strange! Is this for MEd counselling and psychotherapy too? Even when I open my application there’s no update or documents or anything. Very very strange

2 minutes ago, stillpsych said:

Do you mind sharing a picture of what you see? If you’re comfortable of course!