Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

57 minutes ago, Jazzandcoffee said:

Just wanted to let people know that I originally accepted my U of L offer but recently declined it. I got off the waitlist for my number one choice! So, there should be a spot that opened for U ofL.

Hey do u mind me asking what ur number one choice is?

13 hours ago, Jazzandcoffee said:

Just wanted to let people know that I originally accepted my U of L offer but recently declined it. I got off the waitlist for my number one choice! So, there should be a spot that opened for U ofL.

If you decline after the deadline, do students on the waitlist still get offered spots? I know the deadline for U of L was a while ago so I'm unsure how U of L approaches this. Perhaps you lose your deposit and that's it?

Also - I saw you're headed to U of C now! I'm going to the M.Sc in Counselling Psych program there, see you around hahaha :)

Edited by carlrogersfan98

1 minute ago, imfeeling2022 said:

I just got an email with an informal offer of admission to McMaster Psychotherapy, with an official letter that should be coming soon. Just letting y'all know :)

Congratulations, that is so exciting! Were you interviewed in March? 

1 minute ago, SophD said:

Congratulations, that is so exciting! Were you interviewed in March? 

I was interviewed Feb 14, so I was so anxious when others heard back and I didn't.

I'm going to assume they were waiting for some candidates to reject their offers before sending out this round? I'm not sure..

1 minute ago, imfeeling2022 said:

I was interviewed Feb 14, so I was so anxious when others heard back and I didn't.

I'm going to assume they were waiting for some candidates to reject their offers before sending out this round? I'm not sure..

Yeah I think that makes sense! Congratulations again, best of luck to you!! :)) 

32 minutes ago, never stop dreaming said:

I was interviewed for McMaster on Feb. 14. Truly thought my interview went SO WELL. Received an official rejection email 3 minutes ago. Wishing there was something I regretted about my interview because I honestly thought that it went so so well. Pretty disappointed.

I'm so sorry to hear that, I understand how disappointing it can be, especially after your interview went so well! Just remember this process is SO competitive and receiving an interview is an accomplishment you should be proud of in and of itself! Best of luck to you in your future endeavours! 

Hey all,

i just a few questions 

1. has anyone who did not get an interview for Western received any update about their application? I know some people have received offers and others rejections but I have not heard a thing since I submitted my application.

2. I am having the same issue with McMaster lol. I have not heard anything either. Last email I got was that I was waitlisted for an interview(back in February). Anyone else in the same boat?

3. Has anyone been accepted to OISE Counselling psychology (psychotherapy) program? I read that some got rejections but I have not heard anything since submitting my application.

I don’t know if the silence is a good sign or bad at this point because it sounds like Western and McMaster have given out their acceptances and I did not interview for either so not sure where I stand especially since it’s April now. 

thanks in advance! 

1 hour ago, never stop dreaming said:

I was interviewed for McMaster on Feb. 14. Truly thought my interview went SO WELL. Received an official rejection email 3 minutes ago. Wishing there was something I regretted about my interview because I honestly thought that it went so so well. Pretty disappointed.

Don't beat yourself up over it! Like the other person said, it's such a competitive process that it could have literally been anything. My mom had an amazing analogy - it's like a millisecond difference between first and second place in the Olympics. Everyone who competes in that match is obviously skilled and qualified, but the gold medal winner wins by milliseconds/fractions of a score/a few more points and the reasons could be plenty. If you feel you did well, I am sure you did - you got an interview for a reason, after all! 

1 hour ago, Psycgradschool_2000 said:

Hey all,

i just a few questions 

1. has anyone who did not get an interview for Western received any update about their application? I know some people have received offers and others rejections but I have not heard a thing since I submitted my application.

2. I am having the same issue with McMaster lol. I have not heard anything either. Last email I got was that I was waitlisted for an interview(back in February). Anyone else in the same boat?

3. Has anyone been accepted to OISE Counselling psychology (psychotherapy) program? I read that some got rejections but I have not heard anything since submitting my application.

I don’t know if the silence is a good sign or bad at this point because it sounds like Western and McMaster have given out their acceptances and I did not interview for either so not sure where I stand especially since it’s April now. 

thanks in advance! 

Hi! I’m in the same boat as you for all three! Last year for UWO some people reported being invited for interviews in mid April (around April 11 I believe). Western has also noted that they typically have rounds of interviews however they said they were unsure of how many rounds there will be this year. Other than that I’m not sure what to make of western and mac. Truthfully I feel like we may not make it off of the waitlist to interview for mac because I know of at least one or two people who were on the waitlist to interview and were asked to come interview back in February. So it seems like all of their spots might be filled. 

I have absolutely noooo idea what UofT is doing lol. Not sure why rejections went out first before any acceptances but perhaps it’s their way of trying to make sense of who to accept. I can imagine it’s probably pretty overwhelming for them to make decisions with such great applicants and such limited spots. I hope UofT will release their acceptances this week or the next. It’s definitely taking way longer than needed. 

2 hours ago, Psycgradschool_2000 said:

Hey all,

i just a few questions 

thanks in advance! 

1. I'm wondering the same thing about Western. I emailed them and they said that they are not sure whether or not they will have another round of interviews. I'm not sure if anyone has received a rejection without having done an interview?

3. No I also have not heard back from OISE's CP program. A lot of others are on the same boat but I know that a chunk of rejections did go out, so I assume that no news is good news right now. 

Also waiting with bated breath to hear from OISE MEd, Counselling & Psychotherapy stream! I didn't interview though, so I am assuming it's going to be a rejection (second try, arhggg ?). Does anyone know for certain if they do interview for the MEd? I thought they did but reading this forum, it seems like they might only do that for the Clinical route? 

2 hours ago, filmbug said:

Also waiting with bated breath to hear from OISE MEd, Counselling & Psychotherapy stream! I didn't interview though, so I am assuming it's going to be a rejection (second try, arhggg ?). Does anyone know for certain if they do interview for the MEd? I thought they did but reading this forum, it seems like they might only do that for the Clinical route? 

There is no interview for the MEd Counselling and Psychotherapy stream :) So don't give up as yet!

Edited by TeeM2022

35 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

Hi all! OISE got back to my email yesterday and stated that if we haven’t heard back yet then we should hear back by end of the month! Sounds brutal to wait another three weeks but hopefully it’ll be earlier than that :)

Thanks for the update. Do you guys know if they will also only be selecting around 30 applicants this round?

2 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

Thanks for the update. Do you guys know if they will also only be selecting around 30 applicants this round?

Yes I think the goal is to accept around 32 students! Makes the competition super tough when there’s 500+ applicants