Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

4 minutes ago, curiousaxel said:

hey! not to make you more anxious but I did get into the msw and I didn’t get an email first. I saw it on acorn first, then the portal updated a few days later, then I got an email. 

hey thanks for sharing! Honestly at this point idk what to expect so I guess I’ll be frantically checking everything multiple times a day 

1 hour ago, curiousaxel said:

hey! not to make you more anxious but I did get into the msw and I didn’t get an email first. I saw it on acorn first, then the portal updated a few days later, then I got an email. 

Do you mind sharing where in ACORN that can be found? 

12 minutes ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

Do you mind sharing where in ACORN that can be found? 

hi! when you log onto canvas, you won’t miss it. it asks for a $500 deposit and also says “invited” to whatever program. It’s right on the page as soon as you log in on acorn and says “outstanding fee” They asked for the deposit on acorn before they updated the status on the application portal and before they sent an email 

2 hours ago, curiousaxel said:

Hey thanks for the update ! I sent u a DM so please check ur inbox :) 

18 minutes ago, Pizza Ovenz said:

Just received an invite on acorn for MEd Counselling and Psychotherapy at UofT!!! 

I hope this is a good sign!!!

Yes, congratulations, that basically means an acceptance into the program!! :)

6 minutes ago, psyc1818 said:

Congrats! Where’d you find this? Did you get an email

I did not receive an e-mail. I just logged into ACORN and there was an invite under academics. When I clicked on courses it says MEd Counselling Psychology. 

My last name starts with L btw. 

I'll update once I receive any updates on SGS. 

Wishing everyone good fortune!

Edited by Pizza Ovenz

13 minutes ago, Pizza Ovenz said:

I did not receive an e-mail. I just logged into ACORN and there was an invite under academics. When I clicked on courses it says MEd Counselling Psychology. 

I don’t receive an acorn login where can u find this?

15 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

I don’t receive an acorn login where can u find this?

It would be 2-3 emails sent to you soon after you submitted your application. Email key words like UofT student number, JoinID. You need both to activate an acorn account. Find these emails first and they should tell you what to do. 

31 minutes ago, Pizza Ovenz said:

Congrats!!! Hoping the email is on the way very soon :) thanks for letting us know. 

2 minutes ago, Psychology2018 said:

It would be 2-3 emails sent to you soon after you submitted your application. Email key words like UofT student number, JoinID. You need both to activate an acorn account. Find these emails first and they should tell you what to do. 

Thanks! I think this is only available to those that were previous UofT students. I didn’t do my undergrad at UofT so I think that’s why I don’t have access to acorn. Hopefully SGS will be updated soon!!

2 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

Thanks! I think this is only available to those that were previous UofT students. I didn’t do my undergrad at UofT so I think that’s why I don’t have access to acorn. Hopefully SGS will be updated soon!!

Nah, I did not go to U of T and I was able to make an ACORN account! It was kinda convoluted but I did it - just google ACORN U of T and find the instructions :)

2 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

I didn’t go to uoft and mine is set up. You should have received an email in December with instructions on how to set it up!

Just now, psyc1818 said:

I didn’t go to uoft and mine is set up. You should have received an email in December with instructions on how to set it up!

1 minute ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

Nah, I did not go to U of T and I was able to make an ACORN account! It was kinda convoluted but I did it - just google ACORN U of T and find the instructions :)

Oh okay thanks so much guys!! I’ll let you know if I’m able to set it up :)

34 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

Okay so I just tried to find the stuff I need for ACORN and I don’t have a single email with a JOINid or UTORid….I checked all of the emails sent to me. Not sure what I should do next lol

As an FYI, it took 5 days from when I saw invited on Acorn (mar 23) to me receiving the official email/update to my SGS file for the MSW program (mar 28). So if there's no way for you to access Acorn, don't worry, you will receive an email in a few days with the official information (if your Acorn status has changed)

Edited by T.O.hopeful
typo

So I got my acorn set up! I didn’t receive an email for the set up back in December because I had applied for another program last year with a different email so it was never updated. If anyone is wondering why they haven’t gotten an email for acorn login details it might be because of this! Also I didn’t see an invite on my acorn so yeah I don’t know what to exactly think of that. Thanks so much for everyone’s help!