Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

13 minutes ago, HumanBean said:

No, nothing here. My status also still says "submitted", does yours? I'm honestly really struggling with the wait, it's been absolutely brutal!! Someone posted a few days ago saying they heard that for those who have not yet been rejected, answers about applications will come near the end of the month (they contacted oise if I remember correctly). I did see that there was a poll (about 85 respondents) on reddit for the oise med program. So far, 1 had been rejected, 1 had been accepted (!!!!), and the rest also hadn't heard back. To be honest, I'm very confused about what is going on. I kind of thought a bunch of rejections had gone out but now I'm not so sure? If anyone knows anything please share LOL.

Someone said they were accepted into the MEd counselling program? Weird.. I didn’t think they sent out acceptances yet?

13 minutes ago, HumanBean said:

No, nothing here. My status also still says "submitted", does yours? I'm honestly really struggling with the wait, it's been absolutely brutal!! Someone posted a few days ago saying they heard that for those who have not yet been rejected, answers about applications will come near the end of the month (they contacted oise if I remember correctly). I did see that there was a poll (about 85 respondents) on reddit for the oise med program. So far, 1 had been rejected, 1 had been accepted (!!!!), and the rest also hadn't heard back. To be honest, I'm very confused about what is going on. I kind of thought a bunch of rejections had gone out but now I'm not so sure? If anyone knows anything please share LOL.

I feel u. Today has been one of those days where all I think about is the application..have refreshed the page 20 times today..checked acorn and gone back and forth between forums. And now just sitting in bed feeling hopeless. Its legit affecting so many other parts of my life.

From my understanding there have been no acceptances yet for the OISE program..only rejections. I saw the reddit poll so i dont think the acceptance thing is accurate. I called them last week and they told me my application is still under review and a decision has not been made yet..like seriously? 6 months to make a decision..it’s mental torture. 

31 minutes ago, Psy29 said:

I just called them and they said acceptances have gone out. Not sure if it's all of them..but I'm surprised no one reported it on here 

oh wow, that really scares me lol. Haven’t heard back yet and no changes on sgs

On 4/6/2022 at 7:03 PM, Jazzandcoffee said:

Just wanted to let people know that I originally accepted my U of L offer but recently declined it. I got off the waitlist for my number one choice! So, there should be a spot that opened for U ofL.

was your original program the MEd Counselling Psych program?

my friend who applied to master of social work last year said OISE update results alphabetically by last name (applicants on this forum deduced it). maybe the backlog is referring to that. like they are still working through the list by last name. just my speculation. 

27 minutes ago, Psychology2018 said:

my friend who applied to master of social work last year said OISE update results alphabetically by last name (applicants on this forum deduced it). maybe the backlog is referring to that. like they are still working through the list by last name. just my speculation. 

So you mean they send out acceptances/rejections by alphabetical order? 

10 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

So you mean they send out acceptances/rejections by alphabetical order? 

yes based on my friend's experience and this forum last year. ofc I cannot be sure what their system is

1 hour ago, Psychology2018 said:

Omg… I’m a W ??

1 hour ago, Psychology2018 said:

I applied to the MSW program this year and the results were released a bit differently this year. It happened over several days and the people saying their last names were all over the place in terms of letters lol. So, I think it's too hard to predict what system OISE will use to release results 

14 minutes ago, T.O.hopeful said:

I applied to the MSW program this year and the results were released a bit differently this year. It happened over several days and the people saying their last names were all over the place in terms of letters lol. So, I think it's too hard to predict what system OISE will use to release results 

Yeah I assumed it wasn't alphabetical because my last name starts with an A and I haven't heard anything yet 

4 minutes ago, slpsych said:

Yeah I assumed it wasn't alphabetical because my last name starts with an A and I haven't heard anything yet 

My last name also starts with A and I haven't heard anything. Maybe we're just convincing ourselves it's not alphabetical so we don't feel bad ?

So it just clicked to me and idk why I didnt realize it before:

I’m wondering why on earth i have been checking the SGS portal 20x a day when it won’t change unless I receive an email telling me to check my portal……………..

Just to spare you guys the stress, don’t check your portal..it’s useless.. because when they update your status, you will  get an email in your portal ! 

3 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

So it just clicked to me and idk why I didnt realize it before:

I’m wondering why on earth i have been checking the SGS portal 20x a day when it won’t change unless I receive an email telling me to check my portal……………..

Just to spare you guys the stress, don’t check your portal..it’s useless.. because when they update your status, you will  get an email in your portal ! 

Did you get an email??

1 minute ago, ManukaHoney said:

no i didn’t - but I just read forums from last year when people heard back and they all said the same thing. 

oh okay, yeah I’ve been checking constantly even when I know there’s not going to be anything there. The wait it honestly so brutal and to think it might be another two weeks before hearing back makes me so upset.

Just now, MHTherapy said:

oh okay, yeah I’ve been checking constantly even when I know there’s not going to be anything there. The wait it honestly so brutal and to think it might be another two weeks before hearing back makes me so upset.

I know, but I really do hope they stick to their words about the 2 weeks and not wait all the way till May. I saw in older forums ppl were still waiting to hear back till mid May