HGSE 2022

TabTurbo

I think we’ll know tomorrow. I heard through the grapevine that the first accepted students event is Monday, March 14 (remote) and I think they’ll want to give people at least a week’s notice. In previous years they sent out the email notifications around 4pm EST, so hopefully it’ll be around the same time this year as well. 

Edited by McPerson

26 minutes ago, McPerson said:

I think we’ll know tomorrow. I heard through the grapevine that the first accepted students event is Monday, March 14 (remote) and I think they’ll want to give people at least a week’s notice. In previous years they sent out the email notifications around 4pm EST, so hopefully it’ll be around the same time this year as well. 

Why is this horrifying yet inspiring? 

The wait is almost painful. 

I want to pass along more happy vibes once more for good luck:  (she's a study vlogger & best friends with Malala)

Edited by krgradx2

Good morning all!

whatever the outcome (and whenever we hear) thank you for being a community where I am able to come and feel affirmed amidst the stress of not knowing. The internet creates intense (sometimes momentary) communities like this one, digital spaces that serve a vital need for me, and I am grateful 

? 

50 minutes ago, ohemmdoctorgee said:

Good morning all!

whatever the outcome (and whenever we hear) thank you for being a community where I am able to come and feel affirmed amidst the stress of not knowing. The internet creates intense (sometimes momentary) communities like this one, digital spaces that serve a vital need for me, and I am grateful 

?

Definitely echoing ohemmdoctorgee sentiments, this group has been very reassuring and stress-relieving. I could never imagine stewing about this alone! Best of luck to everyone ?

51 minutes ago, Scotts123 said:

Definitely echoing ohemmdoctorgee sentiments, this group has been very reassuring and stress-relieving. I could never imagine stewing about this alone! Best of luck to everyone ?

waiting results from overseas, it looks like an all-nighter wait...

Just came back from lurking the HGSE 2021 thread because I cannot fall asleep (Japan time here) and honestly so surprised at how active the group was compared to this one, which I'm guessing is due to the record breaking number of applicants? Hopefully there's a spot for us all this year.

3 hours ago, ohemmdoctorgee said:

Good morning all!

?

Thirded! No matter what happens, you are all amazing humans and I admire you all for reaching for your dreams! Sending everyone good luck and good vibes. 

13 hours ago, McPerson said:

I saw on social media that HGSE will connect alumni/ student ambassadors/volunteers with newly admitted students on March 14.. so I assume if they want to give more flexible time to everyone, the result should come out today. Fingers crossed! 

I don't want to be a wet blanket but really. I think we should  expect the decisions next week. Last year decisions were released on the 12th and the Admitted students event was held on the 18th. I'm not trying to discourage us but just to manage expectations-no need expecting so much today.

18 minutes ago, caxiatec said:

I don't want to be a wet blanket but really. I think we should  expect the decisions next week. Last year decisions were released on the 12th and the Admitted students event was held on the 18th. I'm not trying to discourage us but just to manage expectations-no need expecting so much today.

I totally understand your point..thanks for sharing.  yes. it is either today or next Friday. ha i just wish we wouldn't need to wait for that long.. 

I received a reply today, because I needed to update some info: 

From HGSD admission:
Thank you for your update and we appreciate your continued interest in HGSE. Applications are currently under review and we will send out admissions notifications by the end of March to all applicants, and sooner if possible.

7 minutes ago, Xrayray said:

I received a reply today, because I needed to update some info: 

From HGSD admission:
Thank you for your update and we appreciate your continued interest in HGSE. Applications are currently under review and we will send out admissions notifications by the end of March to all applicants, and sooner if possible.

thanks, i didn't know you can stil email them.

4 minutes ago, lojos said:

anyone else having difficulty checking the financial aid site? The drop down menu only says welcome, while no longer giving me the option to view the status of my application...image.png.879b5ba99555bea4376599c4be86c276.png

i checked mine. it is working. it only said application was received. 

3 minutes ago, mimisa said:

Could it be possible that people who can see the drop down menu are accepted, while...

Let’s not make assumptions! I know many of us are already stressed. Hopefully it’s just a glitch. Maybe contact HGSE admissions?

Mine is working though, and my Aid Application status says received. 

Edited by Scotts123