HGSE 2022

TabTurbo

Hello all! Hoping 2/22/22 brings us all good luck! 

I received an acceptance from another university yesterday, so I'm hoping HGSE will be soon! Seems like last year they sent decisions on March 11th. Fingers crossed for sooner!

16 hours ago, MsKTeachesEnglish said:

Hello all! Hoping 2/22/22 brings us all good luck! 

I received an acceptance from another university yesterday, so I'm hoping HGSE will be soon! Seems like last year they sent decisions on March 11th. Fingers crossed for sooner!

The first Friday of March should be March 4th, right? Shouldn't it sent out on the first Friday of March?

3 hours ago, Woo.edu said:

The first Friday of March should be March 4th, right? Shouldn't it sent out on the first Friday of March?

I was wondering the same thing. Everyone keeps saying “the first week of March” and referencing previous forums. Last year applicants heard back on the second Friday of March and the year prior to that, they heard back on the first week. I think it’s safe to say that we’ll find out in the first 2 weeks!!! Definitely nerve wracking ?

Edited by Scotts123

6 hours ago, Scotts123 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Everyone keeps saying “the first week of March” and referencing previous forums. Last year applicants heard back on the second Friday of March and the year prior to that, they heard back on the first week. I think it’s safe to say that we’ll find out in the first 2 weeks!!! Definitely nerve wracking ?

It really is because I believe after I submitted my application, I saw something about hearing back late March. It's so anxiety-provoking to think we'd need to wait out the entire month of March...

But if anyone wants to watch the cutest HGSE acceptance vid, check out katrina stacie :)

Edited by krgradx2

1 hour ago, krgradx2 said:

It really is because I believe after I submitted my application, I saw something about hearing back late March. It's so anxiety-provoking to think we'd need to wait out the entire month of March...

But if anyone wants to watch the cutest HGSE acceptance vid, check out katrina stacie :)

What a beautiful moment! Hopefully we all get the good news just like Katrina did. :) Honestly, my last masters that I applied to was so much more stressful in terms of the wait time. They had rolling admission from Feb till April and  decisions were sent out on random weekdays. I literally found out on Wednesday the 25th of March at 2:00pm that I was accepted. At least knowing that HGSE is pretty consistent in sending their letters of acceptance on a Friday to ALL their applicants, is definitely a little less stressful. Plus, this online space has been pretty good at keeping up to tabs with HGSE admissions. Hoping for next Friday!! Fingers crossed to everyone who applied, I wish you all the very best.

Edited by Scotts123

1 hour ago, krgradx2 said:

This is so cute and motivating!! Holding onto the hope we all get to feel the same way very soon.

I'm curious to know more about the stats this year. I remember last year someone noted, "It was a record breaking year for applications". I hope things have cooled down a little this year.

Also, I'd love to hear about who applied to what discipline. I applied to the EdM LDIT program. 

6 hours ago, Scotts123 said:

I'm curious to know more about the stats this year. I remember last year someone noted, "It was a record breaking year for applications". I hope things have cooled down a little this year.

Also, I'd love to hear about who applied to what discipline. I applied to the EdM LDIT program. 

I didn't apply, but my significant other applied to the online master's in educational leadership.

Hopefully the results are released on March 4th, but we'll see.

15 hours ago, Scotts123 said:

I applied to ELOE. 

1 hour ago, ohemmdoctorgee said:

I applied to the online program in education leadership. Fingers crossed. 

That's the program my significant other applied to as well! 

Hopefully results come out this Friday, but we'll see.

I wonder whether that program got many applicants just because it's online, or maybe it got fewer applicants than expected because 1) it's brand new and no one knows about it and 2) it's the first iteration of the program and many prospective students don't really want to be the guinea pig to try out this new product. 

On 2/26/2022 at 1:13 AM, ScienceCenterEducator said:

I'm guessing that the online program will have a TON of applications since it allows people to study remotely and balance a full-time job at the same time. My hope is that the in-person degree applications will have calmed down a bit from last year.

I applied to Ed.M. in LDIT.

I'm hoping the opposite.

I'm hoping that the online program gets fewer applications than expected for a few reasons.

1) It's a brand-new program that no one really knows much about (seriously, I went around asking HGSE students and no one knew anything about it). 

2) Most students are still iffy about online (although online opens doors for people who couldn't do in-person programs previously, many folks still want that Harvard experience).

3) It's a brand-new program and so many people don't want to be the guinea pigs for the first iteration of an experimental product. 

11 minutes ago, potentialphddropout said:

That's the program my significant other applied to as well! 

Hopefully results come out this Friday, but we'll see.

I wonder whether that program got many applicants just because it's online, or maybe it got fewer applicants than expected because 1) it's brand new and no one knows about it and 2) it's the first iteration of the program and many prospective students don't really want to be the guinea pig to try out this new product. 

I hope they come out on Friday, too. I think the applicant pool size could go either way. It has wonderful potential as a program, great faculty. Having done some of the online professional education experiences last summer, I have high hopes for this program, and I'd be very happy to get in. I know it will be super competitive though. 

All good wishes for everyone who applied this cycle! 

Hi everyone, very happy to find this group, which provided a lot of useful information and cheered me up. I even set up an account so that I could speak here?

I applied LDIT program and is waiting for results. Fingers crossed. 

Although this is my dream program, I am keeping a good mind because if Harvard rejected me, I still have other graduate school offers and full-time work offers — who knows? 

My professors and family members gave me huge encouragement and I carefully prepared everything I could do, I tried my best to chase my dream and that's enough.

No regrets, just lessons!

44 minutes ago, sunshine_and_rainbows said:

Nervously awaiting admissions decisions here too! Love seeing all the people here, and I hope we all get to meet at Harvard in the fall.

I applied to the ELOE program. Happy to see a few others that applied to the same program! 

Good luck everyone!

Same ELOE applicant here! Fingers crossed for all of us! 

7 hours ago, connieconnie said:

Hi everyone, very happy to find this group, which provided a lot of useful information and cheered me up. I even set up an account so that I could speak here?

I applied LDIT program and is waiting for results. Fingers crossed. 

Although this is my dream program, I am keeping a good mind because if Harvard rejected me, I still have other graduate school offers and full-time work offers — who knows? 

My professors and family members gave me huge encouragement and I carefully prepared everything I could do, I tried my best to chase my dream and that's enough.

No regrets, just lessons!

Well said. Someone said "rejection is redirection".