2022-2023 Clinical Psychology Applications - Canada

On 1/31/2022 at 2:40 PM, WickedWorld91 said:

For those who had an interview with their POI for Research and Clinical Training at McMaster, have you received an email regarding the second round of interviews with the committee? 

Hey! Yes I had an interview with my POI quite a bit ago, I think in around october. I received en email to interview in 2 weeks again. Does anyone know anything about this interview process?

23 hours ago, hopelessbuthoping said:

If I haven’t been contacted for any interviews at all yet am I out of luck ? (Uvic Usask Windsor and McMaster) 

Apparently Windsor did they formal interview already. I did have a POI interview a while a go (beginning of Jan.), no rejection yet though. 

10 hours ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

School: U of T - OISE

Program: MA in Counselling and Clinical Psychology 

Invite Date: February 1

Interview Date: TBD, will email PI back with chosen day and time

PM for questions!

Congratulations! If you’re comfortable, can you dm your POI initials?  

3 hours ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

Huh, I thought my POI said the interview itself would be held mid-Feb. Perhaps that was just a guess?

Perhaps! I could be mistaken/mixed up about the interview itself and hearing about it. 

On 1/31/2022 at 5:36 PM, clinicaljunky said:

Has anyone heard about formal interviews from Windsor, Ottawa, or Western?

It's my understanding that Ottawa does not have formal interviews. Informal (1-on-1 with potential supervisor) only.

On 1/31/2022 at 5:36 PM, clinicaljunky said:

Has anyone heard about formal interviews from Windsor, Ottawa, or Western?

Hey! According to the prof I am interviewing with at UOttawa the final day for them to submit their list/rankings for who they want to admit to the program is Monday, so although they don't have formal interviews I assume most profs have already contacted those applicants they may want to admit. I hope this helps! 

1 hour ago, ClinicalPsychBean said:

Hey! According to the prof I am interviewing with at UOttawa the final day for them to submit their list/rankings for who they want to admit to the program is Monday, so although they don't have formal interviews I assume most profs have already contacted those applicants they may want to admit. I hope this helps! 

oof, but thank you for the update! crossing it off my list

1 hour ago, ClinicalPsychBean said:

*Pain* but thanks for this info! 

Not to vent but if programs have internal deadlines of when rankings should be submitted, would it really kill schools to just be transparent and publish estimated timelines about interview invites on their website, so you don't have applicants waiting in the dark? Just being upfront by saying the dates are an estimate will allow us to know it may not be exact but to provide absolutely zero timelines seems unnecessary to me. Anyways venting over! 

2 hours ago, T.O.hopeful said:

*Pain* but thanks for this info! 

Not to vent but if programs have internal deadlines of when rankings should be submitted, would it really kill schools to just be transparent and publish estimated timelines about interview invites on their website, so you don't have applicants waiting in the dark? Just being upfront by saying the dates are an estimate will allow us to know it may not be exact but to provide absolutely zero timelines seems unnecessary to me. Anyways venting over! 

I 100% agree with this! There's so much uncertainty otherwise ugh, I just want closure lol

1 hour ago, clinicaljunky said:

UBCO sent theres out a while ago, interview day is next week. UBCV has been doing informal interviews for nearly a month. Not sure about formal though. 

Ah ok, dang. Well thanks anyway! 

1 hour ago, WickedWorld91 said:

There doesn't seem to be much on here regarding Clinical at York University (Toronto). Has anyone heard anything from York or know their process? Thanks.

I emailed the grad department yesterday asking if all interview invites had gone out already and they said interviews were still ongoing. That said, POIs have been reaching out to do interviews for a few weeks now and there was an Open House last Friday where they mentioned offers may go out by the next week (i.e., this week)...so things are definitely moving. So, even though they said interviews are ongoing, for my mental health i'm considering this a soft rejection so I can focus on other schools haha

Edited by T.O.hopeful