MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

4 hours ago, mswapplicantt said:

I hadn’t heard back from the 2year York program and they emailed me this morning saying they’ve had a delay and are hoping to send a detailed update by the end of next week

Thank you for sharing! Did they send you this email after you emailed them or did they send it unprovoked? Just wondering if I should expect any emails as I have also not heard ? 

3 hours ago, ChipDip said:

So…I guess UBCO will be any day now? I can’t believe it’s been this long!

I guess so ? I am so frustrated that it's taking this long ugh! I email on Tuesday just asking if the timeline was still end of April but haven't heard anything yet. I will definitely share any info I get!

14 hours ago, softshelltaco said:

Come on UBC-O, you told us end of April! I feel like I'm waiting for a first date to text me back lol

it's actually pretty bad that they keep people waiting till the literal last day of April without saying anything. Some folks may be relying on their offer/rejection, it's not right. 

1 hour ago, teaandSW21 said:

it's actually pretty bad that they keep people waiting till the literal last day of April without saying anything. Some folks may be relying on their offer/rejection, it's not right. 

Literally me right now :( haven't received a single acceptance so far only waitlist so this is literally my last chance and they're just taking their sweet time ? 

31 minutes ago, TH_MSW2022 said:

Literally me right now :( haven't received a single acceptance so far only waitlist so this is literally my last chance and they're just taking their sweet time ? 

i'm so sorry to hear this, must be so frustrating :( hang in there. 

5 hours ago, teaandSW21 said:

I agree. I'm guessing we won't be hearing from them during the weekend. I've also emailed them twice and gotten no response. Quite disappointing 

12 hours ago, GradSchoolBound2000 said:

Hi everyone! Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Laurier? I'm still waiting to hear back, not for social work, but for a psych MA program, and it feels like an eternity. I also can't seem to access LORIS right now, it keeps giving me an error. Anyone else having this problem?

I am having the same problem with LORIS. I have been trying to complete my application (which is due today) and I am still not able to access the website. It's looking like I won't be able to apply at this rate... 

3 minutes ago, EastCoastCanadian said:

Has anyone inquired to when waitlist offers will go out? 

based on previous years and my experience being waitlisted I never heard back not even on sept 1 and didn’t know anyone who did. It isn’t really organized like offers how they go out.. if someone doesn’t attend or gives up their spot it goes to the person on the waitlist and you have I think 48 hours to accept? though there is no way of knowing what spot you’re in or how many people are on it :( it consumes a lot of mental energy and it’s very hard to plan when not knowing.  

Edited by teaandSW21
Typo

10 minutes ago, EastCoastCanadian said:

Has anyone inquired to when waitlist offers will go out? 

Waitlist offers will go out until September, and then the waitlist closes after the first week of classes. I read from previous years that they tend to ramp up in the summer. I know a couple of people who got off the waitlist around August. 

On 5/1/2022 at 1:12 AM, GradSchoolBound2000 said:

Hi everyone! Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Laurier? I'm still waiting to hear back, not for social work, but for a psych MA program, and it feels like an eternity. I also can't seem to access LORIS right now, it keeps giving me an error. Anyone else having this problem?

Hi! I'm still waiting for a response from Laurier as well. I applied to the in-person, MSW, Indigenous Field of Study program. I haven't tried logging into LORIS today, but the last time I did it showed all my submitted documents with the "no further action required" statement. (or something similar to that :) ) This has been the status since I submitted back in January. I have been starting to doubt whether I actually submitted everything since I haven't heard anything yet. 

This forum has been really encouraging to read about everyone's experiences. Thanks to everyone for being so candid about the process! ?

Just now, BillyWong024 said:

as some people received the rejection in early April, i think the rest does not really need to panic about it

I believe it is an internal waitlist...so until you hear back you truly don't know what to expect!

Does anyone have any intel about the number of UofT's MSW applicants this year from a rejection letter? 

Curious to know if it was as unusually high as last year's applicant pool!

Edited by WhoDat

9 minutes ago, Hifriends12345 said:

Not MSW, but received an email from Dal's online BSW program this morning offering an acceptance. Only program I applied to. 

Congrats! Do you mind me asking the first initial of your last name? and what time did they send out your offer!