MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

4 hours ago, Hifriends12345 said:

Not MSW, but received an email from Dal's online BSW program this morning offering an acceptance. Only program I applied to. 

I also received an acceptance this morning (but I've accepted the UBC BSW already so I will be declining Dal). Last name starts with G.

2 hours ago, TH_MSW2022 said:

Anyone heard from UBCO at all?? ?  I am assuming if anyone had they'd post but just double checking cause I am going a bit crazy still waiting!! I can't believe they haven't sent out any updates or anything (I've also emailed twice a received no response ? )

Nothing... pretty ridiculous tbh

6 hours ago, TH_MSW2022 said:

Anyone heard from UBCO at all?? ?  I am assuming if anyone had they'd post but just double checking cause I am going a bit crazy still waiting!! I can't believe they haven't sent out any updates or anything (I've also emailed twice a received no response ? )

nope.. I honestly just want to know if my application was successful, I don't care about going at this point. 

14 hours ago, MSWapplicant1998 said:

Got an email from UBCO as well. They said my admission decision is currently waiting to be processed and I should hear by late next week... doesn't really give me much but at least they responded. 

Also got this email ? kind of stating the obvious haha but at least they gave an idea of when we'll hear

On 4/8/2022 at 1:08 PM, AwaitingMSW1 said:

I was accepted into University of Windsor's MSWwp program on Wednesday. So excited!

Hello! I am hoping to apply to the MSWwp program for winter intake. I am very confused by their “helping professional” as the option for a reference. My understanding is one should be a direct supervisor, another could be an additional supervisor or academic, and the third is expected to be a “helping professional”. Would anyone be able to share who they used? Would a prof, direct supervisor, and additional supervisor fit the expectations or no? Would this be a coworker or someone you work with?

Not an MSW applicant at York but BSW. I reached out to the admission team and the individual called Nicholas from Dean's operation team told me they will keep sending out decisions throughout May!! At this point I'm being so restless not sure how long I have to wait before I get to hear back from them?!

1 hour ago, Msw20222 said:

Hello! I am hoping to apply to the MSWwp program for winter intake. I am very confused by their “helping professional” as the option for a reference. My understanding is one should be a direct supervisor, another could be an additional supervisor or academic, and the third is expected to be a “helping professional”. Would anyone be able to share who they used? Would a prof, direct supervisor, and additional supervisor fit the expectations or no? Would this be a coworker or someone you work with?

Hey! I also applied to this program, still waiting to find out my result. My references were my current supervisor (director of the lab/clinic I work at as an RA), a supervisor from the crisis text line I volunteer with, and a psychology professor. 

Hey Everyone! I have been following this thread for awhile but have yet to post! I have accepted my offer to UBCO Foundational for September and am wondering if there is a Facebook group yet for those who have accepted? 

1 hour ago, JLynne said:

Hey Everyone! I have been following this thread for awhile but have yet to post! I have accepted my offer to UBCO Foundational for September and am wondering if there is a Facebook group yet for those who have accepted? 

I haven't seen one yet but would love to connect with some people before the program starts! :)

On 5/6/2022 at 11:16 AM, Msw20222 said:

Hello! I used 2 academic sources and my placement supervisor who practices as social worker. I believe the third person is someone who knows yours work ethic and academic abilities, but also works in the same or similar field. helpfully this is helpful. 

2 minutes ago, mswhopeful2022 said:

Hi everyone! I wondered if anybody has heard from Laurier's part-time online program yet? I applied to the non-BSW. I know Laurier expected to send out acceptances in May

I have applied as well to the part time MSW non BSW. I haven't heard anything and I am on the waitlist for UOFT. Its may 10th so I hope so soon because its very late 

3 hours ago, mswhopeful2022 said:

Hi everyone! I wondered if anybody has heard from Laurier's part-time online program yet? I applied to the non-BSW. I know Laurier expected to send out acceptances in May

Haven't heard back either. The advisor said they'd be sending out notices "starting May" for the online p/t program. It's been a long wait. 

Also just got accepted to UBCO 2-year!! I will be accepting as I was also rejected from York and waitlist for U of T. I got the email at 4:58pm (EST), last name H. This has been such a difficult wait but thank you to everyone on here for being so helpful and supportive ❤️ I wish you all the best and hope everyone else waiting hears ASAP!!!