MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

I just heard from WLU and I did not get  in :( 

I think I will redo my research and stats course because it was 10 years old and not a high grade. I also just started a new job in mental health and addictions so I’m hoping that will help as well. 

Has anyone gotten feedback on their application before? The email says they are unable to provide individual feedback but I feel like I’ve seen posts before about specific feedback. 

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting to hear back!

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum, and appreciate the opportunity to hear others' experiences with the application process. I have just submitted my application to WLU for the IFS and don't expect to hear until March-April.

My question for anyone that may have info is regarding the Ontario Graduate Scholarship. Does anyone have experience writing an application that is not research/thesis based? I'm wondering what information the OGS assessors are most keen to learn about.

Thanks! And good luck to all!

3 hours ago, HopefulApplicant17 said:

I think I will redo my research and stats course because it was 10 years old and not a high grade. I also just started a new job in mental health and addictions so I’m hoping that will help as well. 

Has anyone gotten feedback on their application before? The email says they are unable to provide individual feedback but I feel like I’ve seen posts before about specific feedback. 

I'm sorry to hear that you did not get accepted. But sounds like you're already using this as an opportunity to improve your skills/experience for the next admission cycle, which is a great attitude! Good luck with your new job, as it sounds like it will be quite relevant on your CV. :) 

Last year, I applied to only two clin psych programs (and no MSW ones). For one program i got to the interview and waitlist stage and was ultimately rejected. Because i had contact with several dept. faculty members, I did end up sending a follow up email for feedback after i was rejected. But for another program, I never received an interview invite and therefore didn't speak to anyone in the department. For that program, I decided not to ask for feedback. So, I would say it's easier to ask for feedback when you've already established some sort of connection/line of communication with the faculty? But not sure what others feel.

5 hours ago, HopefulApplicant17 said:

I'm so sorry! Next time!! 

On 1/8/2022 at 6:10 PM, Pandora2 said:

Hi everyone! I’ve been following this forum for a while. Just an FYI that I received an admission offer yesterday for UWindsor advanced standing. Fingers crossed for everyone!! I’ll answer any questions about my application :) 

congratulations! the first acceptance of the forum!!

Has anyone had this issue with uWindor MSWwp? My application status has been “processing” since Nov 8th 2021 and recently my application status date has changed on Jan 7th but my application is still “processing”. Any insight would be appreciated.

@makttrrr I am wondering if they have made a decision then, the status date changing seems to be the indicator that folk's applications either have a decision or they have communicated to you in some way.

Did you check all of your email inboxes?

Edited by madamemsw2022

43 minutes ago, makttrrr said:

Has anyone had this issue with uWindor MSWwp? My application status has been “processing” since Nov 8th 2021 and recently my application status date has changed on Jan 7th but my application is still “processing”. Any insight would be appreciated.

I applied for the advanced standing, my application date also changed after I applied but it remained in process for a few weeks before I heard from them.

1 hour ago, madamemsw2022 said:

@makttrrr I am wondering if they have made a decision then, the status date changing seems to be the indicator that folk's applications either have a decision or they have communicated to you in some way.

Did you check all of your email inboxes?

My thinking is the same. However, I have checked all inboxes and nothing has been sent so far. Keeping an eye out.

49 minutes ago, Pandora2 said:

I applied for the advanced standing, my application date also changed after I applied but it remained in process for a few weeks before I heard from them.

Mine also changed after I applied but, this recent date change would be the second time its changed. I’m applying for non-bsw.

Hello everyone!

I applied to the Laurier May 2022 cohort and I just received my acceptance. 

Stats for those interested:

• ~11,000 hours of paid/volunteer social work experience
  • 4.0 GPA in my BSW, also hold a Bachelor of Arts, Criminology
  • 87% over last twenty courses 

My last name also starts with C. I had until February 4th to accept my offer.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats!! You're the first person I've seen besides me :)

part time advanced online?

3 hours ago, Pepsi0630 said:

Hello everyone!

Good luck to everyone!

11 hours ago, Pepsi0630 said:

Hello everyone!

Good luck to everyone!

Wow! Incredible! Way to go!!

Hey everyone, 

I just thought I'd share that my status for UWindsor's MSWwp Advanced Standing program has finally changed to "In Process" today. I submitted all my documentation and references on Dec 15th. I hope those who applied earlier than I did hear back soon! 

Good luck everyone ?

Hey! Do not know if anyone has said anything but my Carleton application status changed to "recommended for assessment" so the department is now reviewing it. I am not sure when this changed because I try to only check my applications once every week or two until mid february.