MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

1 hour ago, miniteakettle said:

That makes sense, my last name starts with K so I've been trying my best to stay patient. Also haven't heard of any waitlisted applicants yet, have they released any rejections? I wasn't sure if I missed any posts here this morning! 

so far just acceptances. 

26 minutes ago, taco-belle said:

Just in case the other folks without ACORN access are curious, I finally was able to speak to someone at the SGS office and was told we do not recieve a student number or ACORN access until after being accepted... I have now just resigned myself to waiting for an email lol

that is weird because I can fully login to access ACORN from last year when I was waitlisted, they give it to you when you apply to set up the account. 

5 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

Has anyone here attended Dal’s BSW program?? If so, what did you think!

Hello,

I applied to this program, waiting to hear a response so hopefully someone can share some insight!

Someone asked about this earlier - I applied to the UofT 2 year program and the Windsor MSWwp program. I will be accepting my offer to UofT and turning down Windsor if I receive an acceptance/waitlist. 

Still no notification via email or SGS but I already paid my admissions deposit ?

Edit - I have applied to the UofT program 4 times in 5 years, so if anyone has any questions or inquiries about the application process or criteria, feel free to ask. I feel like I'm an expert in the UofT MSW application lol. 

Edited by DD2021

Just now, nocoffee said:

think that my uoft application is now hopeless?

hang in there. So far there have only been about 10 people with acceptances, must be really early it could still be today or tomorrow. I am last name G and haven't heard yet. 

1 minute ago, teaandSW21 said:

hang in there. So far there have only been about 10 people with acceptances, must be really early it could still be today or tomorrow. I am last name G and haven't heard yet. 

my last name is L and I'm an international student applying for the Social Justice and Diversity specialization. Yet, the specialization might not be that important when it comes to 2-year msw?

5 minutes ago, teaandSW21 said:

If it's any help, the 2 year program usually has acceptances over a period of several days since there are so many people. They always go by alphabetical order. Waitlist and rejections come next. ACORN updates several days before emails or SGS come through, so I'd look into setting up an ACORN account by contacting the Registrar or looking through your old emails. Good luck.

6 minutes ago, MSWfingerscrossed said:

If it's any help, the 2 year program usually has acceptances over a period of several days since there are so many people. They always go by alphabetical order. Waitlist and rejections come next. ACORN updates several days before emails or SGS come through, so I'd look into setting up an ACORN account by contacting the Registrar or looking through your old emails. Good luck.

thank you- I have an acorn account from last year and don't see anything on there which makes me nervous... 

1 hour ago, TMSW said:

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and hang in there for those that are still waiting! I received acceptance through acorn for the 2-year UofT program, gerontology, last name M. I ONLY found out through acorn, and my sgs portal still says "submitted". 

What was your CV experience like? Congrats

8 minutes ago, BingBongBingBong said:

What was your CV experience like? Congrats

My primary experience is in health service research with a focus on complex population access to healthcare (~3 years). I have a few different volunteer experiences in different setting, including with older adults. I would say I come from a heavy research background (7+ years). 

I think a lot of us who applied to UofT are loosing a lot of hope in our applications. This is my second time applying after being wait listed last year and I am just getting sad and hopeless at this point. You think your applications is so good until this point when you start questioning everything. 

Just got the deposit and an invitation!! found out on acorn, first time applier for the 2 year MSW program. Super excited to go there next year, especially since it was my first choice. 

Last name is K, was stressing when others were finding out yesterday. Just stay patient!! Good luck everyone :)

3 minutes ago, lexiesanxious said:

I think a lot of us who applied to UofT are loosing a lot of hope in our applications. This is my second time applying after being wait listed last year and I am just getting sad and hopeless at this point. You think your applications is so good until this point when you start questioning everything. 

It's totally understandable. Keep faith though, there's still time to hear good news. For anyone applying to UoT in the 2 year program, I really recommend applying to many (like, 3-4+) places next year if this year doesn't work out. With 1400 apps for 140 spots, too many qualified people don't make it. Their 1 year program is far less competitive if you are set on UoT I'd recommend a post-grad BSW. York has one if you're local. Good luck.

1 minute ago, MSWfingerscrossed said:

It's totally understandable. Keep faith though, there's still time to hear good news. For anyone applying to UoT in the 2 year program, I really recommend applying to many (like, 3-4+) places next year if this year doesn't work out. With 1400 apps for 140 spots, too many qualified people don't make it. Their 1 year program is far less competitive if you are set on UoT I'd recommend a post-grad BSW. York has one if you're local. Good luck.

Yeah for sure! I applied to 5 schools and I have already been accepted to UW BSW program for September so I have something to do, but the application process is stressful and so much to keep up with. I’m hoping something happens with the MSW soon ?