MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

9 minutes ago, hertl12 said:

Does anyone know any further information about the u of t waitlist? They said its not ranked so Im confused how they are going about it? Any info would be great

I've been on the waitlist 3 times and they don't give any info, they are annoyingly very secretive about their process. You could email admissions but don't expect much info from them. 

Waitlisted for the UofT. I got an email that an update at 10:39a, has been made and ruuuussshed to check knowing it probably meant waitlisted. Honestly I'm not that mad. I know my application needs work but it's not hopeless/ I can do the work and get accepted next year. My application does need a lot of work though...
To other folks who are waitlisted: does anyone see this document they're asking us to upload? Is there a specific document I can't see right now? 

Edited by ShaDiMSW2022

Joining the waitlisted for UofT club ?

I'm not super interested in waiting another year to apply just to stay in Toronto so i've conditionally accepted the offer from Carleton. I would have loved to go to Dalhousie just to be on the east coast but perhaps its not a wise to spend a bunch of money just to go live by the sea~~~~~~~~~~~

To be honest I didn't notice much of a difference between the Carleton and Dalhousie programs - does anyone have any insights into any big differences between the two?

Sending love to all you waitlisted babes out there, you are worthy.

4 minutes ago, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

Waitlisted for the UofT. I got an email that an update at 10:39a, has been made and ruuuussshed to check knowing it probably meant waitlisted. Honestly I'm not that mad. I know my application needs work but it's not hopeless/ I can do the work and get accepted next year. My application does need a lot of work though...
To other folks who are waitlisted: does anyone see this document they're asking us to upload? Is there a specific document I can't see right now? 

image.png

The document you have put here is the document to upload.

Just circle "yes" or "no", and then submit it to SGS application portal. In the dropdown menu next to "choose file" there should be an option that says "Additional Document Required by Graduate Unit". Hope this helps

5 minutes ago, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

image.png

Congratulations on being waitlisted! My SGS just updated now and I have been waitlisted as well! This is my first year applying so I'm very happy to be waitlisted honestly. In the top corner there is a link that says PDF where you can download the document! Does anyone have any suggestions of what date in September I should indicate if I'd be willing to accept until the waitlist closes? 

Accepted into UofT’s 2-year! I honestly stopped checking this forum and ACORN yesterday because I had given up hope, but was notified this morning around 10:00am via email about a status update on SGS and my offer of admission was there! This was my second time applying after being waitlisted last year and I honestly gave up hope when I saw all the acceptances go out last week. Feeling super grateful but I want to send positive vibes and all the love to those of you waiting. I know how difficult and draining this whole process can be but your time will come! So many overqualified applicants in this thread that would make such awesome social workers ❤️

Nothing from U of T 2 year yet. Hoping the admissions committee found my application amazingly mediocre and are mulling over a last chance acceptance.

2 minutes ago, MSW29 said:

Accepted into UofT’s 2-year! I honestly stopped checking this forum and ACORN yesterday because I had given up hope, but was notified this morning around 10:00am via email about a status update on SGS and my offer of admission was there! This was my second time applying after being waitlisted last year and I honestly gave up hope when I saw all the acceptances go out last week. Feeling super grateful but I want to send positive vibes and all the love to those of you waiting. I know how difficult and draining this whole process can be but your time will come! So many overqualified applicants in this thread that would make such awesome social workers ❤️

Congrats! 

Just now, MSWapplicant1998 said:

Got waitlisted for UofT as well. Honestly not mad about it considering it's my first time applying and I didn't even realize how competitive it is until I joined this thread. I'm assuming chances of getting off the list are pretty low considering most people accept their admission? 

Yes. I was waitlisted last year and I was never notified on any movement off of it but I think it's still worth being placed on it because you never know what could happen. They say it's an unranked waitlist but I don't believe them lmao.

11 minutes ago, BingBongBingBong said:

Yes. I was waitlisted last year and I was never notified on any movement off of it but I think it's still worth being placed on it because you never know what could happen. They say it's an unranked waitlist but I don't believe them lmao.

Yeah IDK about this "unranked waitlist" story either. How is that even possible? Is our future up to random number generator programs? Should I adopt a religion and pray to RNG Jesus? ?

Just now, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

Yeah IDK about this "unranked waitlist" story either. How is that even possible? Is our future up to random number generator programs? Should I adopt a religion and pray to RNG Jesus? ?

RNG Jesus took me out??

waitlisted for UofT 2 year for the second time in a row :(.. upset but saw this coming and finally relieved that it is over. I don't plan to get a spot off the waitlist so I am planning on going to Carleton in the fall. Wishing the best for everyone!

Edited by teaandSW21

10 minutes ago, SWKMSW11 said:

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO YORKS AS!!!! AND while I was on the phone with Pip I got an email from Western offering me admissions. I AM SHOCKED. I literally thought it was over for me seeing that everyone had already heard back. PLEASE do not give up hope guys! 

What western program? 

13 minutes ago, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

hahaha yes I called it the RNGesus last year. It really is the worst. 

Edited by BingBongBingBong

21 hours ago, Gradschoolattempt2 said:

I applied right before christmas and my references were all in by the first week of January or so. I believe it was Jan 18th that I got the email that mine was under review. Hope you hear back soon!

i haven't heard back anything yet- applied dec 3rd, references in dec 7th, got first email about application being under review jan 11th and second feb 7th. If it's rolling admission- in that they give decisions based on when people applied- i would have thought i would have heard by now...so no idea what to think...do UBCO keep a waitlist?

41 minutes ago, SWKMSW11 said:

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO YORKS AS!!!! AND while I was on the phone with Pip I got an email from Western offering me admissions. I AM SHOCKED. I literally thought it was over for me seeing that everyone had already heard back. PLEASE do not give up hope guys! 

I'm SO happy for you!! :') ❤️