25 minutes ago, Natalie SLP said:

Congratulations to everyone! I got waitlisted at Western, do you think if I emailed Janet she would let me know my place on the waiting list? I got an automatic email from them and in it, it said that they don't release information about your position on the waiting list. Just wanted to double check! 

Congrats! Yes, last year the language in the email was similar but we were still able to email Janet and she provided the "quadrant" of the waitlist you would be in. They don't give the exact place but you are able to get a bit of an idea with the quadrant! 

1 minute ago, speechietobe23 said:

Congrats! Yes, last year the language in the email was similar but we were still able to email Janet and she provided the "quadrant" of the waitlist you would be in. They don't give the exact place but you are able to get a bit of an idea with the quadrant! 

Thank you for the info! Do you happen to remember what quadrant people were in if they received waitlist offers? 

Just now, Natalie SLP said:

Thank you for the info! Do you happen to remember what quadrant people were in if they received waitlist offers? 

No problem! So last year the waitlist was divided into 4 quadrants. Those waitlisted in the 1st quadrant were called first and then they went down the list. Not sure how many students were in each quadrant but if I remember correctly from this thread last year, by the summer they made it to the 2nd quadrant of waitlisted applicants.

Got waitlisted at Western and rejected from McMaster. Both of those I found out from email, I still don't know about UofT. Nothing is showing up on my OPRAS for either school. Should I assume I have been rejected from UofT if I have not received an offer on OPRAS? 

32 minutes ago, Natalie SLP said:

Congratulations to everyone! I got waitlisted at Western, do you think if I emailed Janet she would let me know my place on the waiting list? I got an automatic email from them and in it, it said that they don't release information about your position on the waiting list. Just wanted to double check! 

I'm wondering the same...my plan was to start job and apartment hunting if I got all rejections but my Western waitlist is kind of throwing a wrench in that plan ?  I cant make any permanent decisions until I know for sure lol

1 minute ago, speechietobe23 said:

No problem! So last year the waitlist was divided into 4 quadrants. Those waitlisted in the 1st quadrant were called first and then they went down the list. Not sure how many students were in each quadrant but if I remember correctly from this thread last year, by the summer they made it to the 2nd quadrant of waitlisted applicants.

Thank you, this was so helpful! Crossing my fingers. Received my U of T rejection letter this morning via email so I'm really hoping to move off the Western waitlist

2 minutes ago, TaySLPApplicant said:

I'm wondering the same...my plan was to start job and apartment hunting if I got all rejections but my Western waitlist is kind of throwing a wrench in that plan ?  I cant make any permanent decisions until I know for sure lol

I totally understand what you mean. The uncertainty is really hard on me too. I live in the Toronto area so the fact that I might have to pick up everything and move to London come September but not knowing 100% is killing me too. 

2 minutes ago, TaySLPApplicant said:

1 minute ago, Natalie SLP said:

I totally understand what you mean. The uncertainty is really hard on me too. I live in the Toronto area so the fact that I might have to pick up everything and move to London come September but not knowing 100% is killing me too. 

I was in the same spot last year! It was tough to balance making future plans with also holding out hope for the waitlist. The waitlist does move so don't give up! I didn't get off the waitlist last year though (I was in the 2nd quadrant for reference). I reapplied this year though and got an acceptance! If anyone has any questions or needs to vent pm me! This waiting game can be stressful but be proud of yourself this is huge! ?

Hey guys, congrats to everyone! 
i got waitlisted at UofT. 

Does anyone know if they send out offers as soon as spots open or if they wait until after first round offers expire? 

also is there literally ANY way to find out where u sit on the waitlist/how many ppl are on it?

6 hours ago, HanktheTank8 said:

Those accepting their offer to McMasters, did you want to make a group to prepare/get to know each other? CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who applied,  it takes a lot of strength to go through such a mentally draining process.

I’d love to have a group chat! Let me know :)

Received a rejection letter of U of T via email today at 9:57 AM. Not really surprised; my sGPA wasn't outstanding (3.6-something from an American university with a different grading scale). I'll provide my stats for future applicants to reference -- 500+ volunteer hours, almost a decade of clinical research experience, author on multiple publications, lots of scholarships, a STEM master's degree, yet I don't think I'll ever be able to escape that 'C' grade I got in a theatre elective my senior year of undergrad haha :') 

Thankfully, I was accepted to both of the American schools to which I applied (Northwestern University and Boston University). These schools seem to have taken a more holistic approach to applications, as their applications gave me more opportunities and space to explain my journey to SLP. I'll be accepting my offer to Northwestern and moving to Chicago this fall. 

Congratulations to all who were offered admission! And to others who are also receiving less-than-ideal news, I stand in solidarity with you. Your stories and your potential are worth so much more than 2 years of grades and a 3,000-character summary, and I'm sure you will go on to do amazing things! ❤️ 

I can't figure out how to reply to people ugh but yes I've heard back from U Ottawa. Got an email telling me to check uoZone. Also if anyone is not a native French speaker and considering U Ottawa, feel free to message me because I'm grappling with that. ?