NSERC PGS D 2022-2023

MarleyBarley

does anyone know how much our undergrad grades affect the results? I didn't get it but I thought my application was super strong other than my undergrad grades... it's not like that's something I can improve on for next year, so I guess I might just be doomed ?

1 minute ago, WC_Grad said:

I just got my notification. Sadly, no award :(
This was the last time I was able to apply...good luck to everyone!

Please, I got the email and I don't know how to access the result. I have changed my password. Please can you guide me 

2 minutes ago, hyperconjugated said:

does anyone know how much our undergrad grades affect the results? I didn't get it but I thought my application was super strong other than my undergrad grades... it's not like that's something I can improve on for next year, so I guess I might just be doomed ?

I doubt it is very major. I think you are already known to be quite capable academically just by getting into Grad School to begin with. It is mostly research potential they are looking for. Unfortunately, it is hard to know what they specifically mean in that regard and I think it more subjective and luck-based than we like to imagine.

1 minute ago, hyperconjugated said:

Unfortunately, my first year undergraduate grades have come back to haunt me in all of my scholarship applications. I've been second author on four publications, and have had perfect grades in 3rd and 4th year, and grad school. But it seems like they sadly do care about grades :(

4 minutes ago, Addyj said:

Please I need assistance. I have set up my password. 

Please how do I login to extranet 

if you've changed your password, on the page that it takes you to once it's all set up there should be an option to sign in (not as an employee, you're external) 

use the email that NSERC has on file as your username, and the new password as your password!

1 minute ago, Addyj said:

Please, I got the email and I don't know how to access the result. I have changed my password. Please can you guide me 

I think once you change the password you need to re-enter the log in info as an external user (on the right of the page it redirects you to)

1 minute ago, WC_Grad said:

Unfortunately, my first year undergraduate grades have come back to haunt me in all of my scholarship applications. I've been second author on four publications, and have had perfect grades in 3rd and 4th year, and grad school. But it seems like they sadly do care about grades :(

NSERC also seems to have a bias for previous NSERC holders (undergrad and masters), so it can be hard to break through

Just now, Neurotheory said:

NSERC also seems to have a bias for previous NSERC holders (undergrad and masters), so it can be hard to break through

Yeah I've noticed that too. I haven't held any previous NSERC scholarships so that is very likely.

15 minutes ago, MJRudd said:

Got my email! Now I just have to keep dealing with 'an unexpected error occurred'. 

Any tips? It feels like a password error but maybe it's just too busy?

This was happening to me on mobile, but it worked on my computer. 

Just now, nerd_inthecorner said:

I got the email to change my password - but where's the actual link to the new extranet?

That is the email! Once you update the page pops up right away and you sign in with your email and new password