NSERC PGS D 2022-2023

MarleyBarley

Just got the email for committee 187 for PGS-D award at foreign institution (Oxford)! Hopefully you all will receive yours soon. It's been a long day waiting for the results (currently 12:30am). This is my second time applying and I didn't rank the best the first time - don't give up hope! Best of luck ☺️

Yeah I also had poor undergrad grades 1st and 2nd year, perfect grades throughout my masters, 2 first author publications from my masters, 1 second author, plus a bunch of conference presentations.  Got waitlisted last year and flat-out rejected this year in Biology (edit: committee 169, which is ecology and evolution) with a much improved application.  Applying for 1st year funding for a PhD at a foreign institution.  Woe is me, boo-hoo etc.  I'll keep applying until I can't anymore.

40 minutes ago, WC_Grad said:

Unfortunately, my first year undergraduate grades have come back to haunt me in all of my scholarship applications. I've been second author on four publications, and have had perfect grades in 3rd and 4th year, and grad school. But it seems like they sadly do care about grades :(

Edited by Care_bou

How do we find out what committee we would have had with our specific application? Also do folks know where we can see our rankings from last year? This is my second year applying and I didn't know you could look at the rankings but I guess other folks in this chat room have! Any guidance would be super helpful!

Didn't get selected. Selection Committee No.: 194 - S&F Selection Committee for Chemical, Biomedical and Materials Science Engineering

Edited by Rhbr

4 minutes ago, cataco said:

Anyone in committee 187? I got some letter that says that my application was meritous but could not fund due to budgetary constraints.
Does this mean I'm waitlisted?

From the sound of it, that's a waitlist notification. Fingers crossed you get bumped and get one!

Committee 177: Got waitlisted... Sad as that's the last try. 

Does anyone know the maximum cutoff for waitlist?

Sometimes I hear the waitlist can be as long as 12% after the cutoff percentage which renders is impossible to get it anyway. 

8 minutes ago, MarleyBarley said:

Committee 177: Got waitlisted... Sad as that's the last try. 

Does anyone know the maximum cutoff for waitlist?

Sometimes I hear the waitlist can be as long as 12% after the cutoff percentage which renders is impossible to get it anyway. 

Sorry to hear that. Did your letter explicitly say you are 'waitlisted'? My is saying something like "application was meritous but could not fund due to budgetary constraints.". Wondering if this is a flat rejection or could it be a waitlist

6 minutes ago, Ubcapsc_ said:

Omg am I the only one getting error everytime I try to login?

Is the email that I received the email to the user name?? Please help ? thanks

yeah that email should be your username... and password is the changed password. 

1 minute ago, topti said:

Sorry to hear that. Did your letter explicitly say you are 'waitlisted'? My is saying something like "application was meritous but could not fund due to budgetary constraints.". Wondering if this is a flat rejection or could it be a waitlist

thats a waitlist! same wording for mine... i got a rejection last year and it def was not worded like this one.