NSERC PGS D 2022-2023

MarleyBarley

12 minutes ago, Undeadmudkipz said:

It should let you know if you're waitlisted explicitly. My understanding is that it's also going to display your ranking, which will give you a better idea of the likelihood of getting off the list if that happens.  

You won't get your scores until June or July though (last year was June 9th, but took place over the course of a week). 

There are generally 1-3 people in each committee who make it off the waitlist over the course of the summer until January 2023 (people who leave school, get Vanier, decline the award for one reason or another) and if you're lucky you can figure out *who* the cutoff is from these forums. 

20 minutes ago, Addyj said:

Do they notify only people who the award? Thanks 

I think UBC sends an email to recipients (its about activation procedures). NSERC should send out an email to everyone regardless of whether they've received an award or not. I've received both emails now

3 minutes ago, PhdNeuroWestern said:

You have to create an account though right, or how do you do that? Should it be the same as your applicant portal?

1 minute ago, nerd_inthecorner said:

You have to create an account though right, or how do you do that? Should it be the same as your applicant portal?

They send you a username and password, you can't do anything until you get the email.

Well. From twitter it seems like most of the results out so far (out of a small sample size of people who tweet lol) come from people in biology so I can assume that it's probably staggered by committee. Hold on everyone else, it's coming  

1 minute ago, cosmocube said:

Well. From twitter it seems like most of the results out so far (out of a small sample size of people who tweet lol) come from people in biology so I can assume that it's probably staggered by committee. Hold on everyone else, it's coming  

I'm in Biology, so.... : ( 

I got an email about half an hour ago from NSERC! (of course it finally came when I put my phone away for about an hour).

relieved to have gotten a PGS-D - good luck to everyone!!

If anyone is interested in more details:

committee 169 for ecology & evolution. 

I applied at the start of the second year of my Masters (currently in the process of transferring to my PhD), no publications out yet.

Received email from NSERC an hour ago about logging into extranet, but just been able to log in now because the site was down ("oops, unknown technical issue has happened" - of course, it's nserc). Best luck to all of you who are still waiting! Totally know the feeling when you just want to know the result and get over with it!

I'm in committee 168, last name C. There were many speculations last year about the orders of results get released, but honestly I don't think any of that turned out to be 100% true. It may as well be a single person sending emails on whatever order they like - after all it's nserc.

1 minute ago, TundraRS said:

Received email from NSERC an hour ago about logging into extranet, but just been able to log in now because the site was down ("oops, unknown technical issue has happened" - of course, it's nserc). Best luck to all of you who are still waiting! Totally know the feeling when you just want to know the result and get over with it!

I'm in committee 168, last name C. There were many speculations last year about the orders of results get released, but honestly I don't think any of that turned out to be 100% true. It may as well be a single person sending emails on whatever order they like - after all it's nserc.

Are you suggesting it's not automated???

Just now, cosmocube said:

Never mind, I just heard back! I got the PGS-D!!!

For those keeping track: Committee 178, Physics and Astronomy (Specifically Astrophysics). Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Congrats!! And you're foreign institution right? That gives me hope in actually receiving something this century

Did anyone get this wording on their rejection letter?

"I regret to inform you that, although your application was considered meritorious, it was not funded due to budgetary constraints. If additional funds become available, your application could be considered for an award at a later date."

I'm trying to figure out if this really means that being funded later is possible, or if this is just the standard boiler-plate rejection.

Got my email! Now I just have to keep dealing with 'an unexpected error occurred'. 

Any tips? It feels like a password error but maybe it's just too busy?

1 minute ago, probabilist said:

Did anyone get this wording on their rejection letter?

"I regret to inform you that, although your application was considered meritorious, it was not funded due to budgetary constraints. If additional funds become available, your application could be considered for an award at a later date."

I'm trying to figure out if this really means that being funded later is possible, or if this is just the standard boiler-plate rejection.

That wasn't the wording I got in my rejection last year. I think that means you're waitlisted!