SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships & CGS D 2022-2023

VanessaB

6 minutes ago, Stillwaiting334 said:

Got in using this link to reset the password, then login and then copy and paste the link from the email, worked for me!

https://ensemble.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/_layouts/15/SD.UserSupport/ForgotPassword.aspx

I followed your directions, and I was able to get into something, but then what? I clicked the link that says, "SSHRC Extranet for Applicants," and it says Access Denied. What do we click once we've reset the password?

Just now, VanessaB said:

I followed your directions, and I was able to get into something, but then what? I clicked the link that says, "SSHRC Extranet for Applicants," and it says Access Denied. What do we click once we've reset the password?

Then just open the link you got emailed it should take you there, hopefully

1 minute ago, Quicksilver25 said:

I haven't even received an email from SSHRC. Anyone else still waiting for an email?

I don't understand how these emails are automated, but they aren't being sent to all applicants simultaneously. Same thing happened with the email from last week.

I haven't received it either! Majorly freaking out.

14 minutes ago, Stillwaiting334 said:

Got in using this link to reset the password, then login and then copy and paste the link from the email, worked for me!

https://ensemble.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/_layouts/15/SD.UserSupport/ForgotPassword.aspx

Thanks for the info! But... It does not seem to work for me. You just copy pasted the second link of the email in the research bar?

How do you know if you're waitlisted? I'm 13 spots away from the last funded application. I'm really conflicted about what to do. I have until this Friday to give my decision for continuing to the a PhD program. If there's a good chance of getting off a waitlist maybe I'd accept my PhD offer, but if not I'm strongly considering ending at the masters level.

Edited by VanessaB

1 minute ago, CharlotteG said:

Thanks for the info! But... It does not seem to work for me. You just copy pasted the second link of the email in the research bar?

That was all I had to do after I reset the password and was logged in, then just put the link into the search bar, fingers-crossed for you!

Just now, VanessaB said:

How do you know if you're waitlisted? I'm 13 spots away from the last funded application. I'm really conflicted about what to do. I have until this Friday to give my decision for continuing to the a PhD program. If there's a good chance of getting off a waitlist maybe I'd accept my PdD offer, but if not I'm strongly considering ending at the masters level.

I believe (don't quote me on this though), that they don't officially waitlist anymore and that they just go to the next applicant if someone declines an award (either because they got Vanier or aren't pursuing the degree anymore etc). So no official waitlist, just next person up. 13 spots is close, I hope you get it!!

6 minutes ago, Stillwaiting334 said:

I believe (don't quote me on this though), that they don't officially waitlist anymore and that they just go to the next applicant if someone declines an award (either because they got Vanier or aren't pursuing the degree anymore etc). So no official waitlist, just next person up. 13 spots is close, I hope you get it!!

Yeah, it's my first year applying. I'm finishing up my master's degree and my score was 8.71 and the last funded in my committee was 8.85. 88/160 and they funded 75.

Edited by VanessaB

43 minutes ago, Stillwaiting334 said:

You're a saint!!!  I tried that earlier with the resetting of the password but it just took me to that "access denied screen" until YOU provided the missing info!  

4th time's the charm!  Woohoo!! 

Thank you for sharing the link :D (It works!!!). 

I found that this system is rather different compared to a few years ago when I was applying SSHRC-M (then there was a button to "accept/ activate the award"). Could you tell me how to accept/activate the SSHRC doctoral fellowship? ...can't seem to find the button anywhere ...

Edited by Papaya

Blah, looks like I'll be applying again in the fall!

Weirdly, my committee was split into (at least) 3 sub-committees (my friend in my cohort was put in a different one) and my subcommittee had a significantly higher cutoff score for the last funded application than theirs (9.75 vs 9.15). Makes it even more painful that my score would have gotten me in easy in a different sub-committee!

Third time's the charm? Hopefully?

Scored a 8.81 from committee 752-3A. Ranked 77 and last offer was made to 71 (9.03). Pretty happy with this, considering how terrible my application was!

Edited by qeta

That is beyond frustrating as I was in the 752 - 3B committee. I scored 9.48, the cut-off was 9.88. Maybe if I would have been put in another comittee, I could have been selected. 

Just curious as well since waitlisted isn't a thing anymore, I am assuming that if someone in the committee declines the award then it goes forward to the other person next in line?

Edited by SoleilSunshinee
More information

16 minutes ago, SoleilSunshinee said:

That is beyond frustrating as I was in the 752 - 3B committee. I scored 9.48, the cut-off was 9.88. Maybe if I would have been put in another comittee, I could have been selected. 

Just curious as well since waitlisted isn't a thing anymore, I am assuming that if someone in the committee declines the award then it goes forward to the other person next in line?

If there is no wait-list, maybe it is just that - no waitlist, so anything not claimed is just... not claimed?

Thank you to @Stillwaiting334for posting that link, you are a saint! ❤️ 

I was declined but thought I'd post my results here. To be honest, I'm funded through my program already so this is an ego blow but not devastating for my financial situation ? I'm glad the funding can go towards people who need it to enter their programs.

I was in committee 752-4A and ranked 80/160 with a 9.78/12. The cutoff was 75 (brutal). 

Sincere congratulations to all awardees! Sending good vibes and hugs to those of us who weren't successful this time around

Edited by torysira