PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

2 hours ago, Nicc92 said:

hey everyone, anyone heard from PhD ID Epi at Johns Hopkins, UNC, McGill or Vanderbilt?

My apps are still under review but I'm hearing interviews have started at Johns Hopkins at least.

I saw on Vanderbilt's website that the interview date is February 16 and invites will be sent out early February. I have not heard back too though

On 2/1/2023 at 4:31 PM, dogmom34 said:

This is funny cause I emailed the director not more than 10 days ago and I got a "we are still reviewing applications." 

Maybe it's not over till it's over!

fyi just had a second person tell me interviews have happened already! not sure whose which of events is accurate but just thought i would share

just finished up a series of interviews with Dartmouth Health Policy. the typical why this school, why a PhD, but they were also very interested in specifics about a problem i've encountered in quantitative research and how i solved it, just adding to the conversation about interview questions!

Edited by lunalune

On 1/19/2023 at 1:35 PM, crookedblaze said:

Just heard back from the University of Washington Health Services for an interview! ? I was starting to get nervous not hearing back. I've had radio silence so far from everywhere else I applied. Here's the full list...

Harvard - Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS/PHS)

Hopkins - Social & Psychological Influences on Health (SBS)

OHSU/PSU - Community Health

UCLA - Community Health

UMN - Health Services Research 

UNC - Health Behavior - Interview 2/8

UW - Health Services - Interview 1/30 

Good luck everyone!! 

Just got an interview invite from UNC for the PhD in Health Behavior! ?

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back. I know that this process is so agonizing, but I hope that we can all hold space for the amazing feats we've already accomplished and will continue to accomplish, with or without admittance to a program. You are enough and you are worthy, no matter what. 

Edited by crookedblaze

2 hours ago, spiralingepi said:

i am definitely overthinking this but - i haven't gotten any emails yet to "create a portal", though i haven't heard back from any schools either. do they send portal invites to everyone at once? or maybe the schools i applied to don't use portals for admission decisions.

Many schoold don't have these. And for the ones that do, don't worry. If you're acceptd or rejected you'll be asked to check a portal to which they'll provide you with a link. So you would know exactly where to look for a result. 

On 2/2/2023 at 10:25 AM, Leget said:

I saw on Vanderbilt's website that the interview date is February 16 and invites will be sent out early February. I have not heard back too though

Got an interview notification from Vanderbilt Epi this evening. 

To those waiting to hear back from U Michigan, I just got my official rejection -- I saw it coming, though, since I wasn't invited to their interview days early in January. ? Hoping others have good news!!!

2 hours ago, Hsaka said:

Is it just me or are you also close to blocking emails from BU. Every time they send something I feel it's an admission decision but ends up being a totally irrelevant mass email. I might just miss an eventual decision thinking it is spam. 

same!!!! I was just wondering if it is bad luck to try to unsubscribe...

3 minutes ago, natsumeow said:

I feel bad not able to attend the prospective student day at BU. Anyone same as me? I thought there were international students applying to this program, how should we do? 

Did they send out prospective student day invites already??

Just now, MaxPlanck said:

Did they send out prospective student day invites already??

I just receivd the email like two hours ago. Maybe they are still sending out! 

But I'm not in the US, and they do not reimburse the traveling expenses per interview... how sad...

1 minute ago, natsumeow said:

I just receivd the email like two hours ago. Maybe they are still sending out! 

But I'm not in the US, and they do not reimburse the traveling expenses per interview... how sad...

I'm sorry about that. But congrats on getting the invite! I heard that once you're invited, an acceptance is pretty much guaranteed.