2023 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

walterkronkite

3 minutes ago, neurostude said:

Has anyone gotten invitations from MIT BCS (computational focus), NYU Neural Science, CMU Neural Computation, or Stanford Neuroscience? I got an interview invite from Columbia, so just waiting to hear back from others :)

Of those two, I applied to MIT BCS with a comp focus and Stanford Neurosciences. I haven't heard anything from either.

3 hours ago, holmosaint said:

It was an email from the administrator. Interview dates: 1st-3rd Feb. 

Suspense is wild. Did your portal update too?
4:30pm
My portal just updated to remove the submitted application items checklist, but still does not contain any info about invite/reject.
5:10pm
I can't. This is absurd lol, only b/c all rejects and zero invites out of the 10 I applied to so far (6 remaining). the UCSD invite would also mean a lot since it's my alma mater.
single additional acceptance added to admissions results and my portal still has no additional info.

Edited by lowestprime

14 minutes ago, neurostude said:

Has anyone gotten invitations from MIT BCS (computational focus), NYU Neural Science, CMU Neural Computation, or Stanford Neuroscience? I got an interview invite from Columbia, so just waiting to hear back from others :)

No one has heard from NYU, Stanford said they're sending first week of January, and a friend of mine got an interview to MIT BCS a few days ago, not sure what track

2 minutes ago, nm_ml said:

SAME! I was just looking to see if this happened to anyone else!

Not sure if good or bad though, because last time I applied (Fa21), the rejection letter status update appeared right above the upload materials sec.

2022-12-21 16_44_05-Applicant Portal.jpg

Edited by lowestprime

10 hours ago, lowestprime said:

Suspense is wild. Did your portal update too?
4:30pm
My portal just updated to remove the submitted application items checklist, but still does not contain any info about invite/reject.
5:10pm
I can't. This is absurd lol, only b/c all rejects and zero invites out of the 10 I applied to so far (6 remaining). the UCSD invite would also mean a lot since it's my alma mater.
single additional acceptance added to admissions results and my portal still has no additional info.

Hey, my status is still "submitted", but after clicking in, I can still update my materials. GL and finger crossed to you!

4 hours ago, coffeebean736 said:

Rejected from UCSD around midnight. I’m really at such at a loss. No interviews from any other schools yet. 

Also rejected, I feel you. Hoping there's good news in the future!

31 minutes ago, neurobrainiac said:

Don't lose hope! You still have until January for some schools. If you are really that worried, some schools still have open programs with 01/01 or 01/15 deadlines!!

Which schools have 1/15 deadlines?

6 hours ago, meonha158 said:

Did you submit for UCLA and UCB this year (Neuroscience) ?

Yep. Still waiting to hear from both.

Why oh why did I apply neuro....

Genomics, Mol Bio, BMS,Tetrad and similar are all better fits ?

Edited by lowestprime

12 minutes ago, lowestprime said:

Yep. Still waiting to hear from both.

Why oh why did I apply neuro....

Genomics, Mol Bio, BMS,Tetrad and similar are all better fits ?

I hope you get one of these! A little late, but I feel you on the retrospective program decisions.

Edited by nm_ml

52 minutes ago, nm_ml said:

Also rejected, I feel you. Hoping there's good news in the future!

Which schools have 1/15 deadlines?

I know Boston U has an anatomy and neuro program with a 01/01 deadline and upstate medical uni in NY has a 01/15 deadline. I am gonna look more soon as I am worried too, but most of my interview invites come in January? My only rejection so far is UT Austin... I find out from Vanderbilt today/tomorrow.

52 minutes ago, nm_ml said:

I hope you get one of these! A little late, but I feel you on the retrospective program decisions.

Phew.... ?? University of California, Davis Integrative Genetics and Genomics Graduate Group Interview this morning. I'll take it! ?

My theory was right, genomics etc better fit than neuro in my case. Prob would have gotten more interviews if I applied to genetics for all.

Edited by lowestprime

5 hours ago, astra said:

Just wondering, has anyone else applied to Caltech’s Neurobiology program (and heard back)?

Also, I got my first interview invite and I feel so relieved ?

i met with two professors informally and they said they're reconvening to send out in-person invites soon i believe

19 hours ago, Neurolucida said:

No one has heard from NYU, Stanford said they're sending first week of January, and a friend of mine got an interview to MIT BCS a few days ago, not sure what track

Got an email from NYU this morning with an interview invitation and a phone call/ email with an interview invitation from Yale INP yesterday!