2023 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

walterkronkite

10 minutes ago, neurophdwannabe said:

Got an email from NYU this morning with an interview invitation and a phone call/ email with an interview invitation from Yale INP yesterday! 

Congrats! Did you post the Yale INP invite to the results page last night? I’m trying to figure out if multiple people have been invited already. 

2 minutes ago, neuro1234567 said:

No I meant the results page on gradcafe! Do you think they’re done sending out invites? 

Oh sorry, no I did not update on the gradcafe results page! I don't know if they are done or not, but the program administrator did send a mass email yesterday evening, which makes me think they might be done. Sorry! Good luck with the rest of your applications! 

12 minutes ago, neurophdwannabe said:

Oh sorry, no I did not update on the gradcafe results page! I don't know if they are done or not, but the program administrator did send a mass email yesterday evening, which makes me think they might be done. Sorry! Good luck with the rest of your applications! 

Thank you!! You too! 

1 hour ago, ts3070 said:

anyone know when vanderbilt neuro (VBI) plans to send out interview invites? have they already

I am anxiously waiting as well!!! I have a friend of a friend who knows someone on the committee… list is made but not released. 300 applications for 6 spots. god bless us.

They are doing a preliminary before interviews.

Edited by neurobrainiac

3 hours ago, Neuro99 said:

I have an “informal meeting” scheduled tomorrow morning with one person on Pitt’s admission committee. Seems kind of odd as I didn’t think Pitt did this prior to interview invites. Does anyone know what to expect? 

Expect a truly informal ~10-minute phone conversation. A professor from the committee called just to chat about why I'm interested in Pitt, said I'm a top applicant and would be invited for an interview, and that was all.

Good luck! Since they set up that meeting, I'll probably see you in Pittsburgh next month! :)

1 minute ago, funk_engine said:

Expect a truly informal ~10-minute phone conversation. A professor from the committee called just to chat about why I'm interested in Pitt, said I'm a top applicant and would be invited for an interview, and that was all.

Good luck! Since they set up that meeting, I'll probably see you in Pittsburgh next month! :)

Oh cool!! So i guess I shouldn’t stress so much. Best of luck with the interview! 

7 hours ago, neurobrainiac said:

I am anxiously waiting as well!!! I have a friend of a friend who knows someone on the committee… list is made but not released. 300 applications for 6 spots. god bless us.

They are doing a preliminary before interviews.

I received an invite from Vanderbilt on Tuesday, not sure if they're going to send out more or not?

I was wondering if anyone has any idea if Columbia is done sending interview invites (or if they tend to send them out over multiple days?). I applied with an interest in the Human Behavioral and Systems Neuroscience track (not sure what tracks other people applied to) and haven't heard back. I'm thinking of just letting go of any possibility of hearing back at this point ?

8 hours ago, neurogradapp said:

Does anyone know if UW sends out secondary invites ever? I have heard nothing of rejection, but did not get the email last week either. Anyone hear from Duke Neurobiology or NIH GPP @ Brown yet?

I heard back from Brown NSGP but did not apply for the NIH. I'm also wondering about Duke Neurobiology! 

18 hours ago, neurochemi said:

FYI: the spreadsheet that is floating around contains misinformation. Columbia University did NOT send out invites. 

I won't say that the sheet doesn't contain misinformation (its crowdsourced so literally no way of knowing)

But I will say that Columbia DID send out invites in fact. I got one earlier this week (neurobiology and behavior program)