MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

29 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

Thanks so much for your response.

Yes, the waiting totally sucks. I am checking the portals and emails 100 times per hour. at this point I feel like i am not even functioning as I am waiting for their responses. This is my second time applying to grad school and don't want to go through this process again next year, so draining.

I hear you. Third timer here. I'm surprised my refresh button is still working with how many times I'm checking my email. I am sending you the best of luck and hope an acceptance is coming your way. 

1 hour ago, ManukaHoney said:

Thanks for letting us know!

Do you know if it is only for the advanced standing decisions or is it also the  regular track?

Advanced standing only. Acceptances for the 2-year track will not begin until late March - early April. Some international applicants hear earlier, but generally, there's no need to check your portal (or stress) for a few weeks yet if you've applied for the 2-year. 

24 minutes ago, psyc1818 said:

Thanks so much! My status in Carleton360 switched to 'Decision Made' and in Carleton Central my status is 'Application Approved' along with the admission letter.

That means it changed from ' Recommended for Assessments ' to ' Application Approved'? 

27 minutes ago, psyc1818 said:

Thanks so much! My status in Carleton360 switched to 'Decision Made' and in Carleton Central my status is 'Application Approved' along with the admission letter.

Thanks for answering my question! I’m currently trying my best not to repeatedly check my portal lol. Congratulations again :) 

1 hour ago, Maymay007 said:

Lol! Same thing here

Me too. I was really hoping to hear back by today as historically results have come out by this date. Holding on to find out is really hard even having been through it before! Especially when the application status hasn't even moved from recommended for assessment. 

44 minutes ago, hannahb1997 said:

Me too. I was really hoping to hear back by today as historically results have come out by this date. Holding on to find out is really hard even having been through it before! Especially when the application status hasn't even moved from recommended for assessment. 

The fact that it hasn’t moved is what’s tripping me up! Especially cause in the mass email they said applications have all been reviewed and assessed. Sucks that we have to wait it out for longer 🥲

Is anyone waiting to hear back from UVic or UFV for their foundation programs?

I have received one rejection so far from Dalhousie, but it wasn't as upsetting as I expected it to be - seeing how competitive these programs are and how many highly experienced, smart people don't manage to get in on their first try has definitely helped save my self esteem!

Also who else is applying/has applied for UBC Okanagan? 

1 hour ago, jmcinn97 said:

The fact that it hasn’t moved is what’s tripping me up! Especially cause in the mass email they said applications have all been reviewed and assessed. Sucks that we have to wait it out for longer 🥲

I spoke too soon- went on my Carleton Central a few minutes ago and within the last hour it switched to Review in Progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs. My carleton 360 still says Preliminary Review Required tho lol. 

1 hour ago, hannahb1997 said:

I spoke too soon- went on my Carleton Central a few minutes ago and within the last hour it switched to Review in Progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs. My carleton 360 still says Preliminary Review Required tho lol. 

I wish I had also spoken too soon lol, but that’s great! You should be getting an answer real soon :)

Hey guys! I was waitlisted for the MSW Regular Track Program at UWindsor. I have only applied to UWindsor and Western. Just when I thought I wouldn't have to play the waiting game anymore, but being waitlisted is better than rejected. My GPA and experience are not the strongest compared to most stats I have seen but I hope being waitlisted this early means I have a chance of getting in. My last name starts with an S. I wish you all luck with your dream schools/programs :) 

3 hours ago, skittles15 said:

got accepted to Waterloo!, looking forward to meeting any of those who also chose waterloo :)

Congrats! Are you going PT or FT? I accepted my offer and going PT.

5 hours ago, hannahb1997 said:

Mine is still recommended for Assessment 😭. Feeling disappointed already😞. Anyway you will definitely get your offer of acceptance today. 

1 hour ago, Maymay007 said:

Mine is still recommended for Assessment 😭. Feeling disappointed already😞. Anyway you will definitely get your offer of acceptance today. 

Mine too🤐 (I applied to Carleton's 1 year MSW), fingers crossed for us!

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been silently keeping up with this forum pretty regularly.
Just checked this morning on acorn and saw I’ve been invited with an outstanding deposit and wanted to let others know that good news is on the way! I applied for the health and mental health stream and the children and families stream as a backup. I’m not too sure which one I got tbh because it doesn’t say. 
But good luck to everyone and don’t lose hope! 

Edited by coffeegirl20

1 hour ago, coffeegirl20 said:

Hi Everyone,

Just checked this morning on acorn and saw I’ve been invited with an outstanding deposit and wanted to let others know that good news is on the way! I applied for the health and mental health stream and the children and families stream as a backup. I’m not too sure which one I got tbh because it doesn’t say. 

Amazing congratulations and thanks for sharing the news!

Is it the UofT program? And is it the regular track or advanced standing?

18 hours ago, YouBetterSocialWerk said:

Advanced standing only. Acceptances for the 2-year track will not begin until late March - early April. Some international applicants hear earlier, but generally, there's no need to check your portal (or stress) for a few weeks yet if you've applied for the 2-year. 

Oh thanks for that! Haha in all honesty, it’s hard not to check the portal, but at least that gives me a timeline so I can stop stressing for a bit!  Thanks again 

checked my ACORN about an hour ago and seen I have been invited to the MSW Advanced Standing 1-year program! I applied to the Social Justice & Diversity stream. congratulations to everyone on getting their applications in this year and to those hearing back. I know this part can be daunting. you’ve made it this far. Best of luck! 

1 hour ago, coffeegirl20 said:

Hi Everyone,

May I ask what is the first letter of your last name? Trying to figure out if they are going in alphabetical order.

18 minutes ago, hopeful2024 said:

checked my ACORN about an hour ago and seen I have been invited to the MSW Advanced Standing 1-year program! I applied to the Social Justice & Diversity stream. congratulations to everyone on getting their applications in this year and to those hearing back. I know this part can be daunting. you’ve made it this far. Best of luck! 

May I ask what is the first letter of your last name? Trying to figure out if they are going in alphabetical order.