CGS D - PGS D 2023-2024 NSERC

Edd1

1 minute ago, TRIUMF-Phys said:

So far it looks like the results being released are CGS-D recipients. So Maybe they are releasing those first, followed by PGS-D?

It sounds like they might’ve notified departments/scholarship offices. Some scholarship offices share this information with students/supervisors but this is more of an exception than a norm. Basically we just need to be patient…

15 minutes ago, fridgezipper said:

It sounds like they might’ve notified departments/scholarship offices. Some scholarship offices share this information with students/supervisors but this is more of an exception than a norm. Basically we just need to be patient…

Yep sounds right.

I just emailed my department and asked, and they told me that the grad office informed them last Thursday that they hear "soon," but still nothing as of yet.

My CIHR Doctoral Award status still says "In Peer Review". 

I've honestly had a bad experience in my lab and recently decided I will no longer be staying, so I hope I do NOT win this award and it'll go to someone more deserving. I'm just ready to rip off the bandaid at this point! 

Hi all, 

I have recieved an email from our department that NSERC CGS/PGSD results are being announced by NSERC. They also mentioned to share the results and ranking with them. My NSERC status still states "recieved". It looks like that I haven't won. Good luck to everyone! 

2 minutes ago, monashkhan said:

Hi all, 

I have recieved an email from our department that NSERC CGS/PGSD results are being announced by NSERC. They also mentioned to share the results and ranking with them. My NSERC status still states "recieved". It looks like that I haven't won. Good luck to everyone! 

People from previous years have said that the "received" status never changes and has no correlation with your result. So, I wouldn't use that to say you didn't get it!

2 minutes ago, waitingsucks said:

People from previous years have said that the "received" status never changes and has no correlation with your result. So, I wouldn't use that to say you didn't get it!

You are correct. You will receive an email to login to Extranet(read not the place you submitted), and a letter will be waiting there detailing if you received the award or not.

8 minutes ago, Albd said:

You are correct. You will receive an email to login to Extranet(read not the place you submitted), and a letter will be waiting there detailing if you received the award or not.

Is it normal then to log into the extranet and see no applications present? Or should I see my PGSD application there?

3 minutes ago, TRIUMF-Phys said:

Is it normal then to log into the extranet and see no applications present? Or should I see my PGSD application there?

Yes as the comment below.

2 minutes ago, fridgezipper said:

Normal. Nothing will show up until results are released. 

Added to this previous years it has been done in batches so even as results go out it may take some time for the letter in your extranet account to populate. Last year my letter took about 24 hours after the letters started to go out to appear. 

Just now, Albd said:

Yes as the comment below.

Added to this previous years it has been done in batches so even as results go out it may take some time for the letter in your extranet account to populate. Last year my letter took about 24 hours after the letters started to go out to appear. 

Yep seconding this. Basically there’s nothing you can do but wait for the email from NSERC about setting up extranet account, and then there will be some more waiting after that. You won’t learn anything by constantly refreshing your application page right now 

Almost 7 Eastern time and nobody's received an email, I doubt that things will be coming out today.

At 2 points today I actually saw what looked like results in the "PGS D/CGS D" section of my extranet portal for students who are not me... (the link text was their email address, when I clicked it I got an "Access denied" message). It was really weird and leads me to think they might be having a problem with their systems. I hope it doesn't delay the results if so.

13 minutes ago, timeforschool said:

Almost 7 Eastern time and nobody's received an email, I doubt that things will be coming out today.

At 2 points today I actually saw what looked like results in the "PGS D/CGS D" section of my extranet portal for students who are not me... (the link text was their email address, when I clicked it I got an "Access denied" message). It was really weird and leads me to think they might be having a problem with their systems. I hope it doesn't delay the results if so.

I'm a SSHRC applicant and had the same issue re: seeing what looked like email address-named files in my extranet. So weird!

6 minutes ago, waitingsucks said:

I guess today is the day after all! Just got the email - didn't win unfortunately but it's nice to know.

Good luck to all of you!!

It says I was in committee 168 - Geosciences btw. Not sure how that happened as that's not my field lol

You got the email directly from the NSERC?

Edited by Montreal_fellow12

8 minutes ago, waitingsucks said:

I guess today is the day after all! Just got the email - didn't win unfortunately but it's nice to know.

Good luck to all of you!!

It says I was in committee 168 - Geosciences btw. Not sure how that happened as that's not my field lol

did you receive the email directly from them? And did you login to see the result? 

Edited by R_TE

3 minutes ago, Montreal_fellow12 said:

You got the email directly from the NSERC?

1 minute ago, R_TE said:

did you receive the email directly from them? And didn’t you login to see the result? 

Yes, I got the email directly from NSERC. I got an email from NSERCScholarships-BoursesCRSNG@NSERC-CRSNG.GC.CA and it had a link to set up the account and see the result pdf

Edited by waitingsucks

2 minutes ago, waitingsucks said:

Yes, I got the email directly from NSERC. I got an email from NSERCScholarships-BoursesCRSNG@NSERC-CRSNG.GC.CA and it had a link to set up the account and see the result pdf

Thank you so much @waitingsucks for coming back on to share an update even though the outcome wasn't what you were hoping for. I hope you can finally decompress tonight and treat yourself for getting through such a disgusting process!