CGS D - PGS D 2023-2024 NSERC

Edd1

okay, just heard back and said that my application was meritorious but didn't receive funding due to budgetary constraints!Ā In the unlikely situation where additional funds become available, your application could be considered for an award at a later date. S and F 196

I just found out that I got the NSERC CGS-D!!! SF 196 (Psychology). I also initially had issues loading the extranet site. I received the email from NSERC about 40 mins ago.

Ā 

Congrats to all those who got an award and wishing luck to all those applying for another round next year. I wish I could share feedback or rankings to give an idea about how competitive it was, but sadly I received no such details in my letter.

Ā 

Finally can stop anxiously awaiting the results and get back to working on my thesis . . . . .Ā  . . .Ā  . .

Got PGSĀ  D for computer science. Really wanted to get a CGS D as I am in dire need of that funding, too competitive it seems.

Best of luck to everyone who are still waiting anxiously.

Ā 

Edited by sal_phd
added more information

I finally got the email and thanks God the wait is over for me. Turns out itā€™s a PGS D. Iā€™m in computer science and it seems really competitive to get hands on CGS D. Wish everyone gets what they deserve and/or need.Ā 

59 minutes ago, WhatIsExtranet said:

I created the account password NSERC sent me, but I can't find this "extranet" they refer to. Could someone send me the link? Thanks!

For me the login page loaded right after I submitted the new password.Ā 

Congratulations to all others who have received good news, and deep sorries to those who have received not good news. ā¤ļø

I am very thrilled to be awarded a PGS-D! My institution asks for the rank / relative standing with the award, but I couldn't seem to find that information in the notification letter. Does anyone know where I could find this?

lurker here who finally made an account to say I got waitlisted šŸ˜• I guess it's better than flat rejected but I'm pretty bummed tbh, this was my last year to apply and another student in my lab just got vanier so i canĀ  imagine the comparisons my PI is going to make. I was really hoping to get something. does anyone ever actually get off the waitlist and get offered an award? or should i just forget about it?

I received an e-mail from NSERC last night around 9pm EDT. Reset my password using the link they provided, but I'm still (at 6am EDT)Ā getting "500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" on chrome on my phone and "Access Denied - Error 403" on microsoft edge on my laptop.

Ā 

Sharing my experience thus far in case it's happening to anyone else too - you're not alone lol

2 hours ago, phd2023 said:

I received an e-mail from NSERC last night around 9pm EDT. Reset my password using the link they provided, but I'm still (at 6am EDT)Ā getting "500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" on chrome on my phone and "Access Denied - Error 403" on microsoft edge on my laptop.

Ā 

Sharing my experience thus far in case it's happening to anyone else too - you're not alone lol

Have you been able to get into the site yet? It's 9AM EDT now and mine is still saying access denied.

6 minutes ago, inlustris07 said:

Have you been able to get into the site yet? It's 9AM EDT now and mine is still saying access denied.

Still no.. But I'm not going to continue checking mine all day. I plan on checking again when I return home this afternoon/evening!

Received an email this morning saying to check the extranet. There was a document uploaded last night apparently, but no notification!

Waitlisted for NSERC committee 202. Do they send further details about our application so we can know where to improve for next year?

10 minutes ago, cad_engineer said:

Received an email this morning saying to check the extranet. There was a document uploaded last night apparently, but no notification!

Waitlisted for NSERC committee 202. Do they send further details about our application so we can know where to improve for next year?

They used to send them out by mail at some point in the summer, but they didn't send them at all last year. I ended up sending an email to schol@nserc-crsng.gc.ca September 1st and got a response about a week later. You don't get too much information, but you do get the following:

# of applicants in your committee

Research ability and potential:
Score: X/6

Relevant experience and achievements obtained within and beyond academia:

Overall:

I think both components are weighted equally; the overall score ultimately decides your ranking.

Ā 

13 minutes ago, timeforschool said:

They used to send them out by mail at some point in the summer, but they didn't send them at all last year. I ended up sending an email to schol@nserc-crsng.gc.ca September 1st and got a response about a week later. You don't get too much information, but you do get the following:

# of applicants in your committee

Research ability and potential:

Relevant experience and achievements obtained within and beyond academia:

Overall:

I think both components are weighted equally; the overall score ultimately decides your ranking.

I asked for this last year and it was really interesting.Ā  I had one reviewer who marked me 9th overall and one who marked me 10 spots form the bottom haha.Ā  But the discrepancy wasn't enough to trigger a 3rd reviewer (you need a 1.5/6 discrepancy, and mine was 1.4).Ā  I wasn't funded, and ended up deciding to apply to a different committee this year.

So it appears that the NSERC emails went out - there was a huge influx of posting as the emails were being received last night which has markedly slowed down.Ā 

Is anyone from NSERC still waiting or can we safely assume they've received their letters and it is time to move onto CIHR and SSHRC? Please?? Outside of one poster on here who knows someone from CIHR who has recevied an update, I haven't seen anyone post or update about CIHR results on any forum. I am wondering if that update was a result of a supervisor informing their student like we saw earlier with the NSERC results? Really hoping to hear soon and that we'll see another influx of posters indicating emails received!Ā 

1 hour ago, fridgezipper said:

Any previous applicants know if NSERC will release rankings/scores? The CIHR applicants get their scores released to them right away, I would be curious to see mineĀ 

Apparently it's usually in mid-June, but last year they didn't send them at all. If you don't have anything by July I would suggest writing them and they should send you the ranking information via email (this is what I did last year.)