2011 Applications

NadaJ

Received an email today from Cal.I'm in!! I still can't believe it. Best of luck to everyone still awaiting.

Congrats!

I am still awaiting a response from the University at Buffalo for their Fall of 2011 MSW program.

I heard back from two of my schools:

UT Austin - ACCEPTED! [2/17] - (MSW) - waiting to hear back about fin aid

Washington University in St. Louis - ACCEPTED! [2/15] - (MSW/MPH Dual Degree Program) - 30k scholarship (total between both programs)

Lance never return my phone callangry.gif. Are you applying MSW or PHD?

ya, lance, is really FAIL. he is so bad at returning any phone calls and i literally had to try contacting hm several times before i made any contact with him. the best time to reach him is 8:30-9 am pacific time i've learned...

It looks like there is one person with an acceptance that has posted on the results board, they were notified by phone call. So far we haven't heard from anyone else on this board who's heard, either way. I also applied to the MSW/PhD program, btw.

Hi, I have yet to hear anything from UChicago. Have you? Do you know anyone who has been accepted? Good luck, btw.

Hi, I have yet to hear anything from UChicago. Have you? Do you know anyone who has been accepted? Good luck, btw.

Hi AHutch,

I applied to the combined program as well and haven't heard anything. Does anyone know how they generally do their acceptances? Is it all at once or do they do it slowly over a few weeks? I'm starting to think I'm just waiting around for a rejection, but it doesn't really seem like people have been admitted. Does anyone know?

I was wondering if anyone else was applying to USC and had any new updates on their process. The best of luck to everyone.

I applied to USC as well. Submitted my application the first week of January and have not heard anything yet. I did receive an email recently stating they received my SAR report for financial aid and that I needed to submit a supplemental form. That's about it. The school's portal to check your application online has also been quite slow and I have had to call to make sure they received my transcripts and such because the website did not update :-(.

Finally!!!! The wait is over!!! I got accepted to University of Washington Phd in Social Welfare program! 3 years full funding plus hopefully a 2-year graduate diversity fellowship. I still cannot believe it. I am a living proof that low GRE score is not a factor!!!!!!! I'm in cloud nine.

Congratulations to all the people who were recently admitted!

I applied to 7 schools and have heard from my top four. I think all of the excitement is over for me. I plan to visit University of Michigan and Boston University in March to narrow it down. I'm leaning towards Boston University at the moment because the funding will make it comparable to in-state tuition for me.

Am I the only one who hasn't heard from any schools yet? I applied to six MSW programs: Arizona State, U of Washington, UCLA, UC Berkeley, Boston College and U of Denver. Is everyone else who's heard back already a PhD applicant?

Am I the only one who hasn't heard from any schools yet? I applied to six MSW programs: Arizona State, U of Washington, UCLA, UC Berkeley, Boston College and U of Denver. Is everyone else who's heard back already a PhD applicant?

When did you apply? I just heard back from Boston College 2 weeks ago after sending my app in the middle of January. I heard back from UPitt in December, (5 days after I sent in my app,) and I'm still waiting on 3 more schools. I had all my apps done between December 1 and January 15.

When did you apply? I just heard back from Boston College 2 weeks ago after sending my app in the middle of January. I heard back from UPitt in December, (5 days after I sent in my app,) and I'm still waiting on 3 more schools. I had all my apps done between December 1 and January 15.

I applied to UCLA and UC Berkeley in December, UW in early January, ASU and U of Denver in late January. Sent off my Boston College app just last week so I didn't expect to have heard from them yet. But you heard from Pitt 5 days after you applied?? If only all admissions departments took care of things that quickly....

My last recommend-er to Boston College sent in my letter late and my application was complete near the end of January. They said it should take 2-3 weeks, but I still haven't heard anything yet.

I applied to UCLA and UC Berkeley in December, UW in early January, ASU and U of Denver in late January. Sent off my Boston College app just last week so I didn't expect to have heard from them yet. But you heard from Pitt 5 days after you applied?? If only all admissions departments took care of things that quickly....

Hey

If you applied to the UW MSW program, u probably won't be hearing back from them until, at the very earliest, April...I applied there too...they take for-ever to give a decision

Did you get in? Is the decision letter on the online application?

I haven't seem it yet and I applied earlier than you did, although I applied for the advanced standing program.

you know its funny, I checked yesterday at around 4pm and they had it posted online. When I logged on to the application website at the very bottom of the page it said "admission decision available beginning Feb 24. Your status is available for viewing. Upon clicking the link my acceptance letter popped up. I just logged on now through and its not there anymore, I guess somebody messed and it wasn't supposed to be available for viewing yet? lol

I am back from the dead!!! Kinda...I received an email from SSA today that I am on the wait list for the MA/PhD and I was admitted to the MA with full funding and an RAship. I nearly fainted when I received the news. I know the PhD is a long shot, but WOW...I am walking on sunshine in my limbo status!

Edited by NadaJ

I am back from the dead!!! Kinda...I received an email from SSA today that I am on the wait list for the MA/PhD and I was admitted to the MA with full funding and an RAship. I nearly fainted when I received the news. I know the PhD is a long shot, but WOW...I am walking on sunshine in my limbo status!

NadaJ,

Congrats!!!!! I'm still I'm limbo. Haven't heard a peep.

Hey!

Wow, not much action around here, we all must be holding our breaths waiting for letters to arrive! I am sooo nervous. I just put in my application, WAY late. I turned it in the DAY before the deadline. I'm beyond nervous, I called and asked when we should be finding out APRIL OR MAY!!!! O.M.G I think I might have a heart attack before then.... I applied to Southern California schools- University of Southern California and Cal State Fullerton. I was wondering, does anyone know if we got our apps in earlier if we hear back earlier? I hope so! my USC has been in for almost two months! Nervous!

Anyone else apply to USC or CSUF?