courierstrocked Posted February 19 Posted February 19 16 hours ago, marxista said: columbia sent decision notifications today! is this for all disciplines?
orangeorangecake Posted February 19 Posted February 19 23 minutes ago, courierstrocked said: is this for all disciplines? I am printmaking, and I still haven't gotten anything from them courierstrocked 1
L4mp Posted February 19 Posted February 19 I know some people who just got NYU ITP offers. I didn't get one and hope more will come out soon
TheKen Posted February 19 Posted February 19 I applied to the painting and drawing program at SAIC but haven’t heard anything. Safe to assume I’ve been rejected? Has anyone heard from CMU?
Moodyapplier Posted February 19 Posted February 19 5 hours ago, crash1996 said: just got notified via email that i got into BU (visual narrative) with a 40% merit scholarship! i think unfortunately with the cost (even with the scholarship) and the program itself, i most likely won't be accepting...but soothing to know i got in somewhere i guess haha. i'm assuming that all the departments have different timelines so, can only speak for my own experience When was your interview if you don’t mind sharing? crash1996 1
crash1996 Posted February 19 Posted February 19 3 hours ago, Moodyapplier said: When was your interview if you don’t mind sharing? i had my interview on february 9th! they told me i'd hear back "in the next few weeks" (with march 15 as a hard deadline on their end), so i was not expecting to hear back so quickly LOL artluv and Moodyapplier 2
artworkaholic Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Hi! Got accepted at Boston U (also for visual narratives). I really like the programm but due lack of funding it won't be possible. I didn't hear back from UCI but as I see some ppl getting interviews I guess it is a rejection. Extremely frustrated with all time/effort/money spent in this cycle and trying to keep my mind open about reapplying next cycle crash1996, GregOG, artluv and 1 other 4
Moodyapplier Posted February 20 Posted February 20 18 minutes ago, artworkaholic said: Hi! Got accepted at Boston U (also for visual narratives). I really like the programm but due lack of funding it won't be possible. I didn't hear back from UCI but as I see some ppl getting interviews I guess it is a rejection. Extremely frustrated with all time/effort/money spent in this cycle and trying to keep my mind open about reapplying next cycle This is my first cycle so I don’t know much but is funding ever negotiable once accepted/offered funding?
Yoasianguy Posted February 20 Posted February 20 44 minutes ago, Moodyapplier said: This is my first cycle so I don’t know much but is funding ever negotiable once accepted/offered funding? You can definitely negotiate!
crash1996 Posted February 20 Posted February 20 45 minutes ago, Moodyapplier said: This is my first cycle so I don’t know much but is funding ever negotiable once accepted/offered funding? its also my first cycle, but from what i've read in forums from previous years is that it's definitely possible to negotiate your offer, particularly if you get a stronger offer from another school with more funding...but, whether or not they can actually give you more funding is another story. think it's worth asking either way, even if the conclusion is "sorry, this is the best we can do". (i also think best practice is to negotiate before accepting the offer--you can express your interest in the program while negotiating, but i'd imagine its more persuasive to ask for more funding before agreeing to their original offer). again, haven't done it yet myself, so this is just based on what i've seen other people say haha
fruitcake.jake Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Has anyone heard back from Kent State University?
Yoasianguy Posted February 20 Posted February 20 11 hours ago, crash1996 said: its also my first cycle, but from what i've read in forums from previous years is that it's definitely possible to negotiate your offer, particularly if you get a stronger offer from another school with more funding...but, whether or not they can actually give you more funding is another story. think it's worth asking either way, even if the conclusion is "sorry, this is the best we can do". (i also think best practice is to negotiate before accepting the offer--you can express your interest in the program while negotiating, but i'd imagine its more persuasive to ask for more funding before agreeing to their original offer). again, haven't done it yet myself, so this is just based on what i've seen other people say haha I was able to negotiate from 20k to 42k funding for WashU St. Louis in 2023. You would need to email the Graduate Coordinator after you received the acceptance email + financial offer from them. From my experience with WashU, they were pretty transparent about what they could do (no fully funded available at the time of negotiation, but they wanted to know how much I'd need in order to commit to the program). Then, I received the update email from the Department chair about the result. Anyway, good luck to everyone who's been waiting for the results! May the odds be ever in our favor ❤️ GregOG, crash1996 and Silliestgoose 2 1
gs5117 Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Has anyone heard any thing else from VCU? I saw someone got an interview on the 14th, so I’m not sure if I should assume I didn’t get in, or if they send out emails over a longer period of time. kittykitty 1
Q-Q8 Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Has anyone received an early admission email from Tufts? Painting artluv 1
orangeorangecake Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Updated this week: Accepted to SVA MFA Illustration as Visual Essay, rejected by Uni of Oxford. I don't want to go to art school—I applied to three purely for fun, and all three accepted/in the final round. I want to go a large research university.
ncivormdjek Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Has anyone heard from bard today? If so what discipline?
Multimedia Posted February 20 Posted February 20 6 minutes ago, ncivormdjek said: Has anyone heard from bard today? If so what discipline? Not yet (photography)
ncivormdjek Posted February 20 Posted February 20 1 hour ago, ncivormdjek said: Has anyone heard from bard today? If so what discipline? I just got an interview invite for bard moving image!!! I cried tears of joy 🥹 does anyone have any interview tips…this will be my first ever! (I applied to 2 programs in 2024 and was rejected from both w/ no interviews) gaya_ 1
NanBan Posted February 20 Posted February 20 (edited) 3 hours ago, ncivormdjek said: I just got an interview invite for bard moving image!!! I cried tears of joy 🥹 does anyone have any interview tips…this will be my first ever! (I applied to 2 programs in 2024 and was rejected from both w/ no interviews) Congratulations! Did they reach out via email? Did anyone else hear from Bard? For interviews, I had one with SAIC and one with MassArt. I would be prepared to briefly describe your practice, and discuss how you give and receive critique, with examples, emphasis on working with a diversity of backgrounds/opinions. Also, why you want this program and why now. Be a ready with your artistic influences, your reaction to a recent work of art or exhibition, and what you are reading. I'd be interested in what other forum participants think about questions to be ready for. Edited February 20 by NanBan clarification
ninjafrog Posted February 21 Posted February 21 I got an waitlist from RISD Graphic Design.. in this case, does anyone know about the possibilities that waitlist can get acceptance in general? and does waitlist can also gets merit based scholarship?
gaya_ Posted February 21 Posted February 21 3 hours ago, NanBan said: Congratulations! Did they reach out via email? Did anyone else hear from Bard? For interviews, I had one with SAIC and one with MassArt. I would be prepared to briefly describe your practice, and discuss how you give and receive critique, with examples, emphasis on working with a diversity of backgrounds/opinions. Also, why you want this program and why now. Be a ready with your artistic influences, your reaction to a recent work of art or exhibition, and what you are reading. I'd be interested in what other forum participants think about questions to be ready for. I also got an interview invite from Bard (sculpture) today! I received an email mentioning an update has been posted in my application status page. This is my first interview ever as well, thank you for sharing you interview tips! this is very helpful.
Björk Posted February 21 Posted February 21 On 2/13/2026 at 12:59 AM, Björk said: Here’s where I stand. UCSD - Interviewed Carnegie Mellon - Interviewed VCU - Silence Cornell - Silence UCLA - Silence This is my second time applying, but my schools are different this time. Last time I think around now I knew where I was interviewing. Seems a little odd to still be waiting, but it’s all I can do. Updates: UCSD - Accepted! (today) Carnegie Mellon - Interviewed, awaiting news VCU - Interview Requested (today) Cornell - Silence UCLA - Silence arthurrussell, Emolibra97, orangeorangecake and 3 others 6
Emolibra97 Posted February 21 Posted February 21 (edited) 1 hour ago, Björk said: Updates: UCSD - Accepted! (today) Carnegie Mellon - Interviewed, awaiting news VCU - Interview Requested (today) Cornell - Silence UCLA - Silence From a fellow lens based artist to another congrats!!! I did my undergrad at UCSD and trust me you’re in for a great program. It has grown so much and it’s really competing with other schools like UCLA. You’ll be very happy there 😌 pd: if I hadn’t done my undergrad there I would’ve totally loved to do my MFA at UCSD Edited February 21 by Emolibra97
Björk Posted February 21 Posted February 21 6 minutes ago, Emolibra97 said: From a fellow lens based artist to another congrats!!! I did my undergrad at UCSD and trust me you’re in for a great program. It has grown so much and it’s really competing with other schools like UCLA. You’ll be very happy there 😌 pd: if I hadn’t done my undergrad there I would’ve totally loved to do my MFA at UCSD This is extremely encouraging to hear. Thank you! Every student I’ve met from UCSD is gifted *and* not a jerk. Seems like the ideal spot to be.
fruitcake.jake Posted February 21 Posted February 21 Did anyone else apply for Indiana University- Bloomington for printmaking?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now