Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, SocialKonstruct said:

Perhaps. But honestly I wouldn’t go by a sample size of one and hearsay either.

I feel like poetry acceptances usually come out a bit later? 

Posted
12 hours ago, womanonline said:

Y’allll Iowa poetry acceptance has hit the draft

which draft? when did it come out?

Posted
32 minutes ago, luna2 said:

which draft? when did it come out?

The Facebook draft group spreadsheet. Someone posted that they got accepted into Iowa for poetry at 9 pm ET last night. Doesn’t necessarily mean the call happened at 9 pm, that’s just when it was put on the spreadsheet 

Posted

Hi everyone with similar hopes and dreams! Congrats to those with acceptances. I’m not on socials and don’t have access to the draft. Anyone care to tell me if there’s anything from WVU on there?

Posted

Okay I got accepted to SAIC and now I’m already seeing the worst in it… Is it sketchy that I was told they’d do interviews and then I didn’t get one? Also I’ve seen a lot of people with acceptances to programs getting personalized emails and/or calls, but I just got a generic email to check portal and then a very short, generic acceptance in the portal. Is this typical? Should I give it some time? I thought it was usual procedure to have someone personally reach out rather than a form portal update. Am I just seeing the worst in things or do some schools just operate like this?

Posted
4 minutes ago, womanonline said:

Okay I got accepted to SAIC and now I’m already seeing the worst in it… Is it sketchy that I was told they’d do interviews and then I didn’t get one? Also I’ve seen a lot of people with acceptances to programs getting personalized emails and/or calls, but I just got a generic email to check portal and then a very short, generic acceptance in the portal. Is this typical? Should I give it some time? I thought it was usual procedure to have someone personally reach out rather than a form portal update. Am I just seeing the worst in things or do some schools just operate like this?

i think part of it is that SAIC is an art school who doesn't guarantee funding (or really scholarships of any kind) to their prospective students--they're just interesting in getting people in. (now that's obviously not to say that there isn't rigor involved both in the vetting of applicants or in the quality of the education you'd get there...but they do need X amount of students to pay tuition in order to keep everything operating). i applied to SAIC for a different MFA (for comics--i like keeping up in both the threads), and i had an interview and had the head of the department call me, but a.) i had been chosen for a merit scholarship, and b.) i think it really depends department to department. compared to say, a research institution with an english department, i have to imagine that the size of the creative writing department at SAIC is a bit smaller.

all this being said though, i would totally reach out to the head of the department to set up some kind of call/zoom meeting, just to get a sense of the program a bit more. i think it's understandable to have some warning signs going up, but hopefully talking to them would give you a better clue on what decision to make. good luck!

Posted
On 2/27/2026 at 2:21 PM, maxmaxmax said:

new user! i applied to BU last year and am just assuming they'll stagger rejections like last year 

Staggered rejections is cruel. I’m shaking like a chihuahua everytime I get a phone call or email. 

Posted
1 hour ago, anahellsbells said:

Yes! Why? 

I applied there as well! I’m curious if anyone has heard anything yet. I’m not in the draft so I’m not sure what’s happening!

Posted
4 hours ago, bioluminescent sloth said:

Hi! Here are the programs I'm thinking we may hear back from this week: NC State, UVA, and Brown. Though Brown could send notifications later than in previous years based on recent events. 

I think the University of Oregon might also be coming out this week?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, nonsense said:

I applied there as well! I’m curious if anyone has heard anything yet. I’m not in the draft so I’m not sure what’s happening!

On 2/23, 5 people on the draft (3 fiction, 1 poetry, 1 nonfiction) got interview requests, so I'm assuming that anyone that hasn't gotten anything so far are just rejected (which, of course, includes your truly) 

Edited by BowelMovement
Oh unless you've been interviewed already, then in that case I don't think final results are out yet
Posted

I am dying to see this spreadsheet 😭 how long does it take to get into the facebook group? I didn't know it existed until two days ago and now I am tortured by this knowledge (and "pending")

Posted
1 hour ago, julesr said:

do you know if NYU's gonna send more acceptances and how many students they fund fully? the hope is killing me :') (congrats to anyone who got in!!)

wondering the same!!🥲 also if any nonfictions have posted??

good luck to everyone!!!

Posted
24 minutes ago, imgonnapuke said:

wondering the same!!🥲 also if any nonfictions have posted??

good luck to everyone!!!

nothing in the spreadsheet for non-fic so far - good luckk!

Posted
On 2/27/2026 at 6:36 PM, SocialKonstruct said:

I don’t think so. We still have two to three weeks left for UCI.

UCI acceptances are out BUT the waitlist is not confirmed. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use