gafoo Posted February 27 Posted February 27 10 minutes ago, thrifty3 said: does anyone have any insights on waitlists? is it okay to email back and ask our position on one? I think it's fine, just be courteous and respectful! I got waitlisted at Ohio State and VCU. For both schools, I emailed to ask A) whether the list was a simple ranked/ordered list, and B.) whether they were able to tell me my ranking. OSU told me exactly what my position was; VCU's admin said "I'm not allowed to tell you your exact position, but..." and then gave me a general sense of which quartile I was in. Both schools seemed totally chill about it. Just be mindful that schools have different policies! lisichka and bucket 1 1
Spicy Potato Posted February 27 Posted February 27 I was just placed on the waitlist for my #1 program (Virginia Tech), and I'm seriously hoping for a spot!!! I can't help but think of how my acceptance of a spot at VT would free up spots where I've been accepted (so far just 1, but things are looking up for at least one additional school). Sending hugs and love to everyone as we play this strange hybrid game of limbo and musical chairs! xo XXY, Strawberry14, Ogwick and 4 others 7
thrifty3 Posted February 27 Posted February 27 35 minutes ago, gafoo said: I think it's fine, just be courteous and respectful! I got waitlisted at Ohio State and VCU. For both schools, I emailed to ask A) whether the list was a simple ranked/ordered list, and B.) whether they were able to tell me my ranking. OSU told me exactly what my position was; VCU's admin said "I'm not allowed to tell you your exact position, but..." and then gave me a general sense of which quartile I was in. Both schools seemed totally chill about it. Just be mindful that schools have different policies! Thank you so much for the info—super helpful!! gafoo 1
BowelMovement Posted February 27 Posted February 27 are bu rejections staggered??? why did they stop😭 bioluminescent sloth and morbs 2
tryingmybest420 Posted February 27 Posted February 27 Any playwrights hear from UCSD? anyone? anyone? Bueller? I have to make a decision and this is the final school I'm waiting to hear from!!
BowelMovement Posted February 27 Posted February 27 big green coat is literally the poetry version of miffy i can't marsmentality and runlolarun 1 1
maxmaxmax Posted February 27 Posted February 27 new user! i applied to BU last year and am just assuming they'll stagger rejections like last year morbs, BowelMovement and bioluminescent sloth 1 2
writerinthedarkk Posted February 27 Posted February 27 19 minutes ago, BowelMovement said: big green coat is literally the poetry version of miffy i can't Has Iowa poetry started to go out yet or just other schools?
lisichka Posted February 27 Posted February 27 really surprised there's no ut austin data today. my app status still says "in review." also nc state ? hello??? pls meanwhile and ocurlyfries 1 1
bucket Posted February 27 Posted February 27 does anyone know if UC Irvine has sent everything out already? i know it was said that they will be sending acceptances this week. do we have confirmation (or an inkling….) that those are done? i know they are a school that asks students not to share acceptances, but i’m still grasping at straws, i can’t help it!!
goodoldneon Posted February 27 Posted February 27 I received my dream offer. The school asked me not to share it. But I'm so excited! I got a call from one of my favorite authors, I was so thrilled! I was so excited I was almost incoherent on the phone. I'm just so happy. whitneyyyy, bucket, qlowy and 12 others 15
qlowy Posted February 28 Posted February 28 so do we think all the interview offers have gone out for Hunter? I only see three fiction interview offers in the spreadsheet (unless I can't count?) but that could be low only because they ask people not to share?
lizard in a blizzard Posted February 28 Posted February 28 So do we think Syracuse acceptances are out? And no one from draft reported? Or are they just taking an abysmally long time?
Ogwick Posted February 28 Posted February 28 7 hours ago, jka0124 said: Yeah looking now only rejections are sent snail mail anymore. Thank god, honestly. (although way back in 2016 someone got a letter, almost threw it out assuming it was a rejection, and it turned out to be an acceptance. Sam had forgotten to call her. 😂 That never happened again. Tales of Drafts past.) So we are confirmed waitlists for Iowa Fiction are emailed?
hermione granger Posted February 28 Posted February 28 1 hour ago, lizard in a blizzard said: So do we think Syracuse acceptances are out? And no one from draft reported? Or are they just taking an abysmally long time? based on the post a couple messages behind yours (who i am enormously happy for #congrats #slay #queen) i’m thinking this is very possible. but optimistically it’s also possible it’s just a few days’ variance from other years considering the spreadsheet shows last year 2/27 and the year before 2/21. idk. pass the ashwagandha ocurlyfries and lusitania_unsunk 2
womanonline Posted February 28 Posted February 28 Y’allll Iowa poetry acceptance has hit the draft writerinthedarkk 1
SocialKonstruct Posted February 28 Posted February 28 3 hours ago, bucket said: does anyone know if UC Irvine has sent everything out already? i know it was said that they will be sending acceptances this week. do we have confirmation (or an inkling….) that those are done? i know they are a school that asks students not to share acceptances, but i’m still grasping at straws, i can’t help it!! I don’t think so. We still have two to three weeks left for UCI.
writerinthedarkk Posted February 28 Posted February 28 1 hour ago, womanonline said: Y’allll Iowa poetry acceptance has hit the draft Omg!! Any info about time called or anything?
XXY Posted February 28 Posted February 28 2 hours ago, hermione granger said: based on the post a couple messages behind yours (who i am enormously happy for #congrats #slay #queen) i’m thinking this is very possible. but optimistically it’s also possible it’s just a few days’ variance from other years considering the spreadsheet shows last year 2/27 and the year before 2/21. idk. pass the ashwagandha Yeah…damn. Assuming I’ve been rejected by Syracuse at this point. This is rough, fam. ocurlyfries 1
bucket Posted February 28 Posted February 28 2 hours ago, SocialKonstruct said: I don’t think so. We still have two to three weeks left for UCI. there’s already an acceptance on draft! and someone very credibly said they would be going out this week (meaning up until today i think)
Jitterbug98 Posted February 28 Posted February 28 3 hours ago, hermione granger said: based on the post a couple messages behind yours (who i am enormously happy for #congrats #slay #queen) i’m thinking this is very possible. but optimistically it’s also possible it’s just a few days’ variance from other years considering the spreadsheet shows last year 2/27 and the year before 2/21. idk. pass the ashwagandha I don’t think Syracuse generally asks people not to share acceptances. personally I think they might just be delayed. If acceptances are out, then at least waitlists must still be coming
hermione granger Posted February 28 Posted February 28 6 minutes ago, Jitterbug98 said: I don’t think Syracuse generally asks people not to share acceptances. personally I think they might just be delayed. If acceptances are out, then at least waitlists must still be coming this sounds awesome and i choose to agree
SocialKonstruct Posted February 28 Posted February 28 13 minutes ago, bucket said: there’s already an acceptance on draft! and someone very credibly said they would be going out this week (meaning up until today i think) Perhaps. But honestly I wouldn’t go by a sample size of one and hearsay either.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now