It's February

communications13

So, believe it or not, I'm more of a mess now that I have done all of my interviewing. Now it is COMPLETELY out of my hands, and I know the next email is going to either be "yes" or "no." That's stressful. I've locked myself in my office because I just want to yell at everybody.

So, believe it or not, I'm more of a mess now that I have done all of my interviewing. Now it is COMPLETELY out of my hands, and I know the next email is going to either be "yes" or "no." That's stressful. I've locked myself in my office because I just want to yell at everybody.

I hear you, and I totally feel you. I wish I could hibernate until decisions are made, too!

I honestly think I may lose my mind at this point. No news yet from the US schools. Reported GradCafe results from previous years suggest that the letters should start rolling .... last week, and today, and tomorrow. Aaagh!

I honestly think I may lose my mind at this point. No news yet from the US schools. Reported GradCafe results from previous years suggest that the letters should start rolling .... last week, and today, and tomorrow. Aaagh!

Right there with you...my first rejection letter is at least a week late right now! :rolleyes:

Same here. on the verge of mental breakdown :P (not really)

Where do you find last years results on this website?

on the results search section. just type the school or program name and it will show up

ETA: to access the results search section, click 'Results' (second to the last link) on top-middle of this page

Edited by bhikhaari

This wait is killing me. I just saw someone post that they received an acceptance via postal mail from the only school/dept to which I applied, so I immediately walked to the mail box only to find that the mail hasn't arrived. I'm honestly going mad. I saw one other acceptance a week or so back so I emailed the admin at the dept about the status of my application only to receive the response that my application was complete. I suppose at least I didn't receieve a rejection but, I'm starting to get to a dark place about getting in. I suppose I should start coming up with a plan B.

Okay- so I just found this website after searching for a few weeks for somewhere to appropriately vent my frustration. So far of the four programs that I've applied to, I've heard one "you're a strong applicant" and two "we've received your applications" and one whole lot of nothing, other than the automated acceptance email.

I can't believe how obnoxiously long this has been. It's ABSOLUTELY disgusting. My boss, who I asked for a rec in October (so that I would have it in November, to make sure I made mid-December timelines without issue,) keeps asking me... and my response has been, they've received it.

I feel like no one (including myself) believes that I haven't heard yet. Tell these folks to hurry up. To be fair- I've only seen one person say anything about any of my four schools and program. That person got an interview. So we'll see...

I'm glad that you all are here to be frustrated with me!

I just realized after browsing the results page that my discipline doesn't tend to send out results until MARCH. I think only two people or so have heard anything from schools in my discipline this year. Ugh. This torture is going to last me another month.

I was checking the status of one of my applications today, though, and I see this:

Grad School Status Domestic Ready for Decision

Department Status: Decision made and sent to Grad school

What? Why won't they tell me what decision they made? WHY?