It's February

communications13

For the past two months I'd developed a montra: just wait till February, then it will be "any day now". This morning, I woke, rolled out of bed, opened my computer and email and noticed the date. No, no e-mails from departments but, it is February! AHHH! Any day now?

I need a new montra!

Also, where the heck did January go? I think I blinked and missed it.

In my discipline, only 2-3 acceptances were reported on gradcafe so far. In early February, it is bound to get more exciting!

Same here. I heard back from one school almost a month ago, but the more time passes, the more it feels like that one was my "freebie," or something. Time to get this show on the road!

Same for me, as soon as the date turned to February 1st, I thought "here we go!"

On a side note, has this day seemed REALLY long? Maybe because of all the anticipation and worry, but I was really shocked to look down at my calendar right now & see Feb. 1 still. I thought for sure it was the 2nd already.

I'm not realistically expecting to hear from any schools until March, but at least I can hope that something will happen in February! Did anyone else feel like January took FOREVER? I'll admit it; grad school apps or no grad school apps, I'm a January hater. So glad it's over!

Yay for February!

YESSSSS February is here!!! I am so excited/nervous I ate two chicken pot pies in one sitting! I don't think I will hear anything definitive until March but I know I should at least hear something about interviews this month!

haha! Ive been craving Dominoes like a fiend. Im trying to limit myself to once a week though. Can't say the same about whiskey.

haha, I've been waiting until february too! I told everyone that this is the month I should be hearing back..my mom keeps asking me if I've heard from anywhere yet -_-. Well I did. I got an email from CMU today, telling me that the deadline to some other program that I am not interested in was extended! ugh, don't be a tease, CMU, don't be a tease.

Every time I think "Oh no, I won't hear until March! Ugh!"

I then think "Thank GOD February has only 28 days!"

Seriously! It's fast-approaching.

I applied to one of my schools back in November for financial consideration, so now everyday I think: "Haven't you all had enough time to think this through?! Just give me an answer!" At this point, I just want to know!

Interestingly, the school I applied to first (Dec 1st deadline) is one of the last to typically respond. I won't hear back from them until March.

If history serves, I should hear back from my first school this week if it's good news, and a couple of weeks from now if it's bad news. Either way, I'm likely to know by the end of this week!

I'll know this Friday if I am short-listed for the Metropolitan summer internship program or not.

Looking back in my journal, the second week of February was when I got my first responses. They were both rejections, though, and I have re-applied to one of them, so hopefully it is not a repeat!

I seem to remember getting a lot of rejections quite early on. I think that's when the adcoms brushed off their first big batches of applicants. I tell myself that the rest of the rejections drifted in after I made the first cut and then was ultimately denied. That might be a coping mechanism, though!

Edited by RecycledViking

I'm not expecting to hear anything until March, and even then I don't expect it to be good news. So, I can't say I'm really looking forward to it. I can say that having done this now twice over that my expectations are a lot lower than they were the first time around. But, at the same time, I haven't received any rejections yet. But, I'm sure they're coming as I wasn't invited to any of the schools that do interviews, and open seats at the others are a very limited commodity this year. sad.gif

I'm not expecting to hear anything until March, and even then I don't expect it to be good news. So, I can't say I'm really looking forward to it. I can say that having done this now twice over that my expectations are a lot lower than they were the first time around. But, at the same time, I haven't received any rejections yet. But, I'm sure they're coming as I wasn't invited to any of the schools that do interviews, and open seats at the others are a very limited commodity this year. sad.gif

Chin up Tiglath! I know what you're going through, but have hope! It isn't over until you've received the last rejection, and we're just getting started this year. I'm sure there are good things waiting for all of us in the future. This may be your year-- keep on keeping on, and you may receive that prized spot yet! :)

If what happened last year on the results page repeats itself this year, I should know in the next couple of weeks....and that makes me all kinds of anxious now. Hell.

I wish I could un-learn this idea. I, too, should know in the next couple weeks. GAH.