Social Psychology 2009

weeble

It means nothing, I'm afraid. Some places make their minds up within hours. Some wait for the regularly scheduled meeting to discuss student placement. Some schools are waiting for grant/assistantship information. There's just no way to know what your school is doing short of asking them.

Thanks for letting me know. The place i had my interview at is my only viable option at this point and i've been getting more and more freaked out every day that i don't hear from them. So it's nice to know that it could mean absolutely nothing.

Thanks for letting me know. The place i had my interview at is my only viable option at this point and i've been getting more and more freaked out every day that i don't hear from them. So it's nice to know that it could mean absolutely nothing.

Thanks for posting this. I'm in virtually the same boat - had an interview about two weeks ago and they said it would take them about a month (!) to decide.

I just called Penn and they already had a round of interviews, but they sometimes have a second round. And if they end up having a second round of interviews this year then the invitations for them will be sent out probably early next week. You know, i just think it's ridiculous that this process is set up in a such a way that people are jerked around as much as they are. Would it be so horrible for schools to have a clear timeline that they could post on their website somewhere?

I know I wrote on its own thread, but has anyone heard anything from Vanderbilt in any non-neuroscience psych program/area? Aside from two Feb. deadline programs, it's the only one I haven't heard from.

*I'm posting here because they allowed application to more than one area and mine was Ed. Psych w/developmental and social and you social peeps seem...well, more social ;)

Hey everyone,

It seems like a lot of us were waitlisted at Tufts for social psych. From my understanding (back in Nov) the program was potentially accepting 2 students, I wonder if they are planning to take more, since there are so many of us waitlisted.

Whichever, the generic waitlist email said our applications were "highly regarded," so congrats!

Hey everyone,

It seems like a lot of us were waitlisted at Tufts for social psych. From my understanding (back in Nov) the program was potentially accepting 2 students, I wonder if they are planning to take more, since there are so many of us waitlisted.

Whichever, the generic waitlist email said our applications were "highly regarded," so congrats!

I emailed a professor at tufts about his research ( im not applying to grad school yet) and I asked him about next year how many do they usually accept and he says this year they are hoping to accept 3 students into the social program

I asked Berkeley about the status of my application and got this reply:

"The Admissions Committee has made its decisions so we are in the process of mailing letters with the Admission Committee's decisions to applicants. Please let us know if you do not receive a letter from our department by Friday, March 13th."

Well, at least i'll know when my rejection letter will arrive.

For anyone waiting to hear back from Harvard or GW, I called today. Harvard said they are mailing out all decisions on Friday, and GW said they are sending them out "mid-month." Good luck, everyone!

Eee...at least I'll be out visiting other schools and therefore, perhaps, distracted. Thanks for the detective work!

Eee...at least I'll be out visiting other schools and therefore, perhaps, distracted. Thanks for the detective work!

No problem...I'll be away on a cruise and I'm LEAVING on Friday for a week and a half (argh!!!) At least I'm pretty sure I already know where I'm going, so I guess that takes some of the anxiety away :)

Sorry, Itchy...if misery loves company and it makes you feel any better, same here :) Also, judging by the Results Search, there were an awful lot of rejections being doled out...

I appreciate the support. And I'm sorry for you as well.

Even more than company, misery loves an email explaining that it was all a terrible mistake and my acceptance package is in the mail...

Even more than company, misery loves an email explaining that it was all a terrible mistake and my acceptance package is in the mail...

Misery would definitely love that! Glad to know I'm not the only one with that dream...

Misery would definitely love that! Glad to know I'm not the only one with that dream...

Do you also have the dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Why am I the only one who has that dream?

Do you also have the dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Why am I the only one who has that dream?

LMAO!!! I can safely say that I definitely have never had that dream!

After you guys had interviews, how long was it before you heard whether you got in or not? I had an interview last Friday and i still haven't heard. Do you think this most likely means i didn't get in?

From one of them, a week.

From another, 3 days.

...that I got in.

It seems from what they say that they put people on waitlists. So for example, they may extend invitations first to those they *know* they want, and wait on the ones they're undecided on. That way, if people reject these earlier offers they can extend the invitation to those on the waitlist. This helps to control the size of the entering class.

Hey,

I've been lurking on this thread trying to see if anyone has heard from George Washington's Applied Social Psych Ph.D. program???

I called and the secretary told me that they do not usually extend interview invites for this particular program (which I did not realize) and she seemed unsure if they had completely filled the cohort for this program yet. In fact, she seemed quite reluctant to offer any info that wasn't about the Clinical program.

So....has anyone heard anything?

kh1264 said:
Hey,

I've been lurking on this thread trying to see if anyone has heard from George Washington's Applied Social Psych Ph.D. program???

I called and the secretary told me that they do not usually extend interview invites for this particular program (which I did not realize) and she seemed unsure if they had completely filled the cohort for this program yet. In fact, she seemed quite reluctant to offer any info that wasn't about the Clinical program.

So....has anyone heard anything?

Hey kh1264,

I called yesterday, and they said that they will be mailing out all decisions in the middle of this month. You're correct, they don't interview, so they'll be sending out all acceptances and rejections in...probably about 2 weeks, and the fact that you haven't heard anything yet doesn't mean anything positive or negative. Good luck!

Yesterday I received a generic email from UC Davis that said "We are in the process of making a decision on your application for admission. You may review the decision after 8:00 a.m. PST on March 9, 2009, by accessing your UC Davis application on the online admission web site."

Did anyone else who applied to Davis receive an email like this? Does anyone know if Davis already had an interview/recruitment weekend? I haven't seen much about Davis on the forum, so I'm really not sure what to expect when I check my status on March 9th...