Taking forum offline later today

bgk

Hmmm... I'm intrigued by this new software. Not sure how I feel about it...

Questions:

- We can only vote posts up and not down?

- What's with the symbol that appears with the tab in Firefox? Can you change that? It reminds me of Transformers for some reason...

Hmmm... I'm intrigued by this new software. Not sure how I feel about it...

Same here. But I like to live on the edge :)

Questions:

- We can only vote posts up and not down?

- What's with the symbol that appears with the tab in Firefox? Can you change that? It reminds me of Transformers for some reason...

You can "like" and dislike (but only if you have previously liked). I've fixed the favicon. Any other requests/comments?

You can "like" and dislike (but only if you have previously liked).

So I can't dislike without previously liking something? It's a pity! I liked that feature! :-P

Oh, also, where are the emoticons? I don't see them.

The last thing - avatars look a bit "squeezed" - don't know how to put it correctly, but you know what I mean. Could you fix that?

Oh, also, where are the emoticons? I don't see them.

The last thing - avatars look a bit "squeezed" - don't know how to put it correctly, but you know what I mean. Could you fix that?

Emoticons should be there. You may have to re-crop your avatar to make it look right.

Ooh, lots of great changes here - I like the new subforums, and the ability to organize threads by things other than recently updated. However, is it possible to add back the little button by the thread title which brings you straight to the posts you haven't read yet? That was a useful feature.

Ooh, lots of great changes here - I like the new subforums, and the ability to organize threads by things other than recently updated. However, is it possible to add back the little button by the thread title which brings you straight to the posts you haven't read yet? That was a useful feature.

Use the blue(?) dot/circle next to (left of) the topic title.

The new look will take some time to get used to, but it's growing on me :) Congratulations on the successful upgrade!

Edited by newms

Oh, an no, I don't vote posts down a lot, but I find it helpful to attract administrators' attention to online trolls.

I believe for attraction attention to trolls the "Report" feature is much more effective.

I'm with rising_star. I think being able to give a post a "-1" or "dislike" is just as important, if not more so, than "liking" a post.

Other than that, the new look is great. Good work!!!

I wonder if posters would mind not being anonymous if they do vote a post down.

That would probably be best - then we would cut down on a lot of the unnecessary down posts.