Taking forum offline later today

bgk

I may be an aesthetic nazi for pointing this out, but the proportions on the home page seem a bit off; over half the screen is devoted to recent blog posts/status updates and the most recent respondent/thread in each main forum. The focus used to be on the forums themselves, and rightly so; now IHOG, Applications, and the various disciplinary forums and their immediate subforums all seem pretty squished over there on the left side of the screen....is there any way you could mess with the widths a bit?

And I, too, would love to see a non-anonymous vote-down/dislike feature. I'd definitely use it.

Otherwise, I like the new look!

We're in the process of rolling out several new subforums for those already in graduate school. "Exams" is one of those. More are coming. :D

I'm sure those that are coming would be very helpful as well. Thank you very much! :)

We're in the process of rolling out several new subforums for those already in graduate school. "Exams" is one of those. More are coming. :D

Great idea! I am looking forward to using new subforums ^_^

Sorry the dislike button probably isn't coming back. You can close the sidebar using the little cross (somewhere top right) then all of the space will be dedicated to the fora.

OK. The blog is back. And I've reverted to the previous +/- system, contradicting what I said earlier. We'll continue to roll with this.

Cool, thanks!

One little thing: when I am opening emoticons, I can see all but one in a row and I need to press an arrow to see the last one. Can they all be in one row?

EDIT: I was wrong - that last emoticon appears in the row with others. But then it is strange why it also appears alone when you press the arrow...

Edited by Strangefox

I actually preferred the accountability for who liked a post... Is it possible to have both the up/down system (a like/dislike system) and concurrently show who chose each?

Oh, so you did it on purpose? :lol: Sorry, I thought it was by mistake and therefore voted myself up :rolleyes:

Nope! On purpose! I thought that was ironic... you know, voting down the post of you saying, "I want to be able to vote down posts."

I like the new look! Thanks, admins for your hard work.

I am a bit sad that we don't see the "coffee" nicknames next to posts anymore. I notice I can still see it on my profile but no longer on the posts.

I like the new look! Thanks, admins for your hard work.

I am a bit sad that we don't see the "coffee" nicknames next to posts anymore. I notice I can still see it on my profile but no longer on the posts.

Nevermind, I see it now... I just didn't notice it changed positions.

Really appreciate having those extra subforums. I really look to TGC as a place not only for applicants but also as a gathering place for graduate students as well. Those new subforums definitely confirm this for sure!

Really appreciate having those extra subforums. I really look to TGC as a place not only for applicants but also as a gathering place for graduate students as well. Those new subforums definitely confirm this for sure!

I agree - the new subforums are great. I am looking forward to using TGC all through my grad program! Strangefox is not going anywhere :D

I agree - the new subforums are great. I am looking forward to using TGC all through my grad program! Strangefox is not going anywhere :D

Same here, definitely sticking with this forum through my program!