Applying for Fall 2012

comp12

I also got a "No" from Penn. Granted I figured this as I didn't receive and interview. Though I applied to this school on a whim and actually regretted doing so from the beginning.

So I assume that may leave @snes with potentially good news, knowing the newfound UPenn rejections. Perhaps?

Though 15 minutes later, I received a "Yes" from Toronto, which was in my top four choices. While I am ecstatic, the dual emotional swings now put me back to my neutral emotional state that I had when I woke up.

Edited by eum-ag

It's true :( However, because I did tell them of my other offers--I had head from at least Stanford, if not Berkeley, too, by the time I had my interview--they may have been skeptical of my accepting their offer, should they give one to me. I'm perfectly alright with the outcome, as you really only need one 'yes'!

This is probably what happened, because they explicitly told me they would take other offers into consideration. This also explains why you weren't at least wait-listed. Because of nerves, I have no idea what I said during my interviews, so who knows what tomorrow will bring...

Ahhhh, what a beautiful day for determining people's futures! (Psst, Yale, I'm talking to YOU!)

Apparently they also thought yesterday was a beautiful day for not determining people's futures. Maybe today!

I was playing Words With Friends the other night, and I could have scored many points if "Yaled" was a word. I couldn't help but thing of all of you and that maybe "Yaled" should become a new verb as in Yaled: When someone keeps you waiting in earnest without a peep. :) Good luck everyone! I'm still waiting to hear from KU.

I'm at NWU at interviews and someone today told me they heard from Yale a few days ago (accepted). Not sure if they're doing it all at once or staggering.

Edited by snes

snes, you're in my hometown! How do you like Evanston?

I received an email from UC Cruz today saying that admissions decisions have been delayed because they're "in the middle of a search for a senior composition professor". I'm not sure how to take that news, but at least it isn't a rejection.

snes, you're in my hometown! How do you like Evanston?

I love it so far! I also suppose I'm lucky that it's in the high 40s and sunny in the middle of February. I'm about to put on my sneakers and go exploring now that I have free time. I might try this crazy thing called Chicago Pizza...

I love it so far! I also suppose I'm lucky that it's in the high 40s and sunny in the middle of February. I'm about to put on my sneakers and go exploring now that I have free time. I might try this crazy thing called Chicago Pizza...

I don't know much about the pizza in Evanston, but there's a place in Lincoln Park called Pequod's that is pretty dang good. Gino's is overrated.

(I'm gonna have to do some research on what pizza is good around Evanston -- gonna be in town in two weeks!)

I actually just ate at the apparently popular Lou Malnati's since it's a block from the music building. It was good and I ate way too much, but I still prefer regular (New York?) pizza with the thin crust. It was sorta like Sicilian style.

Haha, Pequod was the name of the place that printed our class readings in undergrad, which were not delicious.

Edited by snes