MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Congratulations to you as well, OutWest! That's an awesome program, so happy for you!

Thanks so much!

What program were they questioning? Their post was already deleted (must be real shy).

Yes, they didn't say, but if it is "top 25%", and they took the time to apply because they apparently liked it enough to do so, and on top of it all they offered full ride and stipend, I'd be hard pressed to turn that down just because I thought I "might" get into a better-ranked program in the future...

Like others, along with myself, have pointed out, there are more than a few great artists that didn't go to Yale (or wherever big name school) and were fantastically successful.

Meanwhile, still no word from Rutgers. I know a few people on this forum have heard back, does no news mean I have been wait-listed? Anyone else still waiting to hear back from them?

When I spoke to Anine on Monday she said she tries to get them out as soon as possible. Next week is spring break so if not this week then in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure though. Hope you get good news. I'm not sure if I'm going to accept their offer because the financial aid.

So... I was accepted to #4 ranked Cranbrook and rejected from #106 ranked Tulane which makes me laugh. This process is pretty subjective. :) This result also tells me that there is really no such thing as a "safety school." Safety is in number of applications to a variety of schools.

If you didn't get in this year, the lesson learned is - apply to top, middel, and bottom ranked schools - and as many as you can afford because there is no rhyme or reason to this process.

It's kind of a strange coincidence because I stumbled upon this same person's work within the past week and I'm from the midwest. I really like her work.

seeing other people's work is so great. it reminded me of this work

www.brendan-smith.com

That's pretty cool to hear. Maybe I should do more than use her level of productivity as an inspiration, but I should also get her to help me market.

I'm familiar with the work of another one of her peers from Toronto, from the looks of it they have an excellent BFA program there.

So... I was accepted to #4 ranked Cranbrook and rejected from #106 ranked Tulane which makes me laugh. This process is pretty subjective. :) This result also tells me that there is really no such thing as a "safety school." Safety is in number of applications to a variety of schools.

If you didn't get in this year, the lesson learned is - apply to top, middel, and bottom ranked schools - and as many as you can afford because there is no rhyme or reason to this process.

the rankings are subjective too...a lot of it comes from optional very short surveys given to the faculty at each school to fill out and return...

Yes, I received the same info. I even asked them about finding out about funding and they said that some people may not find out if they are funded until after the April 2nd deadline. Not really sure what to do about it.

It's definitely going to make the decision harder if thats the case. I've heard through the grapevine that Rutgers has pretty good funding.

Does anyone know specifics about their funding in the past?

It's definitely going to make the decision harder if thats the case. I've heard through the grapevine that Rutgers has pretty good funding.

Does anyone know specifics about their funding in the past?

I know someone who got a TA ship that was full tuition, plus 24 k a year.

HOLY MOLY!!!!!! 24k is more than I make at my regular full-time job.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII KNOW! It's kinda crazy. Can you imagine? Well, here's keeping our fingers crossed for each other!

Btw lstem, I see you got into University of Hawaii? I was *this* close to applying there, but I talked myself out of it because I would get absolutely no work done. The dialog in my head everyday would be, "hmmmmm . . . studio . . . beach . . . studio . . . beach . . . " ;)

Wow I must have done my research wrong... That is incredible. That is like biology stipend for research and PHD programs. Incredible. Some sort of magic is behind that mayhem.

Edited by TheZane

Yes, but the cost of living is a lot higher. I did the math, considering the cost of student insurance for me and my wife and kids. Factored in the higher rent as we need at least a 3 bedroom house. And after all that, $13K a year stipend at Ohio State is equivalent to about $26K at Rutgers. So the lower amount at Ohio State is actually worth more than the higher amount at Rutgers.

Of course, if you only need a studio and only need to insure yourself, then the Rutgers deal is better. I'm still considering Rutgers but the OSU deal is really great. Crazy good insurance program. I'm hoping VCU will accept me and make an even better offer. LOL

Anybody get accepted to VCU and get a good offer they will tell us about?

Edited by Fool4nine

How many people out of those accepted receive the rutgers TA'ship however? I'm hoping something like half haha, but I think I remember someone posting it was only like 3 people?

Half would be awesome :-) hmmm... well there are also scholarship and fellowship opportunities!

seeing other people's work is so great. it reminded me of this work

www.brendan-smith.com

oh thanks for sharing mlo, I'm very into this.

another long day of waiting ahead...

Somebody over at the Results Forum reports an admit to Parsons (Design and Tech.)

He/she received the news by logging onto my.newschool.edu

I wonder how?

I'm also wondering!!!!!!!!!!!

I found that I can log in here -> my.newschool.edu

does it mean that I'm being accepted????????

I'm also wondering!!!!!!!!!!!

I found that I can log in here -> my.newschool.edu

does it mean that I'm being accepted????????

No. It does not mean that. I have been able to log in to several schools that I was subsequently rejected from. They give you a login so you can get excited about the school, in case they do admit you.

happy friday everyone! hope we hear some good news to celebrate the weekend with!

edit: Has anyone heard anything back from MassArt 2d program after interviews?

Edited by leetimko

I interviewed at MassArt, too (for a different program, granted), and haven't heard anything yet either. I think it's been about three weeks now.

happy friday everyone! hope we hear some good news to celebrate the weekend with!

edit: Has anyone heard anything back from MassArt 2d program after interviews?