MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Apparently I applied to all the schools that wait the longest to make decisions! Lol. I'd almost prefer a rejection to this deafening silence...but I won't go that far :)

Apparently I applied to all the schools that wait the longest to make decisions! Lol. I'd almost prefer a rejection to this deafening silence...but I won't go that far :)

Josholas,

I was thinking the same thing! I also applied to U of Washington and UO, and still no answer :unsure: . I think we have to wait till last March for UW too. I wish you much luck!

Ebonie

had my interview wid Mass Arts yesterday night... pretty converstaional wid d normal basic questions... now waiting for MICA interview... complete silence from all other places is kinda killing!

Re: Tyler - my application status has also said "incomplete items outstanding" even though everything was submitted on time. I checked again just now and I don't see a field called "decision" either. I assumed I didn't get in because I know that other people received an email saying they were finalists... so I'm thinking our online profiles are being updated bit by bit. But I guess that until it actually says we're not accepted we can still hope... maybe?

Same here! Let's all just keep our fingers crossed!!!!! I called Tyler about 1 week ago to see what was up since the application status I had said my transcripts were not on file. It turns out they had them in my "file" but are still working their way through the applications...

Edited by zecchi

Josholas,

I was thinking the same thing! I also applied to U of Washington and UO, and still no answer :unsure: . I think we have to wait till last March for UW too. I wish you much luck!

Ebonie

I emailed UO, and they said we would be notified mid to late March. Did UW tell you they would be notifying in late March? I couldn't get an answer from them. Good luck to you too!

I emailed UO, and they said we would be notified mid to late March. Did UW tell you they would be notifying in late March? I couldn't get an answer from them. Good luck to you too!

From last years forum it looked like u of washington started to get back to people late February/ Early march. SO hopefully we will hear something soon!

Edited by bwatkins

Same here! Let's all just keep our fingers crossed!!!!! I called Tyler about 1 week ago to see what was up since the application status I had said my transcripts were not on file. It turns out they had them in my "file" but are still working their way through the applications...

I spoke to Tyler this morning and all they will give up is "We will notify people by the end of March. The application decisions are going out in rounds until the end of March. You will first be notified on your online application where it says 'application status.'"

By email.

Good luck! Maybe the rest of the day will bring us better news.

In deed! Here's to good news for everyone the rest of the day. Sorry about UCSD, though. I haven't heard anything from them yet and am pretty nervous about it.

Good luck to everyone.

Got the email requesting a phone conversation (interview) from The University of Oregon this morning. (sculpture)

scheduled for next week.

I. AM.BEYOND.EXCITED!

for thos waiting for UW sculpture, they told me espect notifications first two weeks in March.

Edited by berto

I applied for the collob mfa with OCAC -Applied Art and Craft etc etc etc. They said usually around 6 weeks after the deadline they let aplicants know their decesion.

I have an interview today with the visual studies program. I am pretty excited!! I have a friend in the Collob MFA and she really likes it.

I'm waiting on VCU painting. Haven't heard anything yet.

I applied as well and I know they have sent interview notifications. I just checked my application status and it says that I have incomplete items outstanding of which I am sure have been sent. I emailed the head of graduate studies but have not heard back.

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone applied to University of New Mexico? If so, has anyone heard anything yet?

Also, any news from Carnegie Mellon yet? I know some rejection letters have started going out, but what about interviews or positive news?

Edited by belle8484

Has anyone been accepted without an interview? If so, where?

What am I expect in an interview? My interview at Northwestern is only 20 mins., is it normal to have a time cap?

Congrats on the Northwestern interview! I was accepted at USF without an interview, but everywhere else has required interviews.

It is normal to have a time cap. My UofM interview was a cap of 30 minutes and they ended it at exactly 30 minutes, so I would plan on sticking to that time frame.

Good luck!

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone applied to University of New Mexico? If so, has anyone heard anything yet?

I'm applying to their painting and drawing program. I was told to expect a mailed response by sometime around the first couple weeks of March.

I applied as well and I know they have sent interview notifications. I just checked my application status and it says that I have incomplete items outstanding of which I am sure have been sent. I emailed the head of graduate studies but have not heard back.

Yeap... I just logged in (after seeing your post) and my application status says the same... I emailed the graduate dept. asking if they can tell me what's up (whether I'm really missing anything).