Waiting it Out on Canadian Universities - 2012

NoMoreABD

Anybody know what the probability is of getting accepted to NPSIA at Carleton if I were to apply now - during the second round offers? The website states the deadline is August 31, and consideration is subject to available space (after the first round). I emailed the school, but if anyone has a general sense of whether or not it's worth a shot to apply within the next two weeks, do let me know. Thanks!

The chances are probably not so good considering there is already a waitlist after the first round. Wouldn't hurt to apply though and take your chances - if you have a competitive application they might move you up the waitlist!

The chances are probably not so good considering there is already a waitlist after the first round. Wouldn't hurt to apply though and take your chances - if you have a competitive application they might move you up the waitlist!

Thanks for letting me know, Skip. I think I'm just going to go for it and take a chance. Just spoke to one of my mentors, and he thinks I have a great shot even though it's a bit late in the game. Doesn't hurt to try!

The results survey here shows someone received an acceptance March 16th for the MPA On Campus. That said, even though I've already accepted an offer from the U of C I haven't heard a peep from UVic (they never even confirmed they received all my documents via e-mail. All I know is my app was forwarded on MyStatus).

Hey thanks for the info...Since I haven't received a rejection letter yet, I will try to keep my hopes up haha

Im starting to think its more and more likely that I'm going to be rejected if i havent heard back by now.

So I'm a lurker so I may have missed you talking about when your deadline(s) were, but the deadline for the programme I applied to at Calgary was January 15, and I didn't hear from them until late last week - an acceptance roughly nine weeks later. You just never know.

@nooruddin, I thought nationality and stuff was shown as part of profile, no ? India, thesis . Profile-- 8 cgpa, 11 months in a NLP lab,rest in a product startup .

Still no word from SFU MA Econ... I'm international applicant, I talked to some people on this board and it seems like only Canadian students got their acceptances thus far.

Also SFU messed up my application, they completed my file only on 14th of February, I'm hoping that it was the reason I still haven't heard anything from them.

So I'm a lurker so I may have missed you talking about when your deadline(s) were, but the deadline for the programme I applied to at Calgary was January 15, and I didn't hear from them until late last week - an acceptance roughly nine weeks later. You just never know.

In fact, I applied to Calgary on DECEMBER 1st and still haven't heard back (I don't think anybody has - nothing in results survey or on MSW board). Some schools take a full 4 months. If you applied in January, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't usually get back to folks until April. Just around the corner!

I have declined NPSIA and Carleton Political Science for any wait listers out there.

At least Poli Sci's funding was competitive. Yikes NPSIA.

My thoughts exactly, NPSIA has terrible funding.

NPSIA funding was terrible, but from what I've been hearing, NPSIA grads will quickly make all of it back in no time. NPSIA's reputation precedes it. I declined over 20K from another school but I see it as an investment.

PS. anyone willing to take the jump on a facebook group now that it's official?

Just got an offer from Manitoba . Still waiting for UBC and Alberta. Life is beutiful again!!!

Congrats! I feel like I've been waiting forever to hear from Manitoba - poltical science and not history though - but this still gives me hope that I'll hear soon! Oh, the waiting game...

Hi there,

Who else besides me is waiting for University of British Columbia's reply to their status for Master of Engineering/Science mechanical engineering?

It has been a long wait..since the 1st Feb submission deadline.

Judging from previous years results, Mid April is the earliest to hear back from Applied Science engineering department from Master of Science/Engineering results.

Congrats! I feel like I've been waiting forever to hear from Manitoba - poltical science and not history though - but this still gives me hope that I'll hear soon! Oh, the waiting game...

You probably will hear soon.The graduate secretary(history) told me that the departamental meatings just started in most departments.GOOD LUCK