Notification Thread

William_James

Anyone else apply to Wake Forests masters program and heard anything? Their deadline was December 1st so I'm thinking this isn't promising.

Also anyone apply to Boston College and here back?

Hey, I applied to Wake Forest MA. The website said they preferred if you submit it by Dec. 1st; however, the deadline was actually mid January. So, don't lose hope about them. I'm assuming that since they are a master's, they will send out invites later than PhD programs.

Also, I was the social psych cornell poster. They sent out an email yesterday morning telling us that we could check our application status online. Then last night, I received a mass email for interview invites. I don't know how Cornell does it, but I assume that all of the people they invited will have received multiple offers from multiple places when it's time to decide. And because of that, I would assume that not everyone they admit will go. So, I don't know if they have a waitlist or not, but I don't agree with BruceWayne24 about there being no hope. (Although, I don't want to give you false hopes, either...)

I saw on the results page that somebody already got accept into UMN School Psychology program via phone yesterday. Does that mean all of the acceptances are already out? Or are they still reviewing? The interview was on Monday, so that seems really quick.

If anyone is wondering about ASU social psych.. I met with my thesis adviser (who's on the committee) today to get my thesis ready for publication, and he said they met this morning and chose 8 people to extend interviews to. He said it was so hard because more than half of the hundred and something applicants looked great. Just an FYI in case anyone is wondering. Good Luck.

Does anyone have the scoop on the status of any of the following PhD programs?:

1 - Stanford

2 - UC Berkeley

3 - Princeton

4 - U Illinois - Urbana-Champaign

5 - UC Santa Cruz

or

6 - U Chicago's Department of Comparative Human Development

???

Also, I had a question:

It seems like the majority of admissions notifications/results are being posted by clinical and counseling psych people. If this self-selection, or do most schools take care of admissions for their clinical programs (the most competitive) before anything else?

I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone can provide! :)

I was under the impression that clinical apps are usually due a few weeks earlier and that clinical programs give admissions decisions a little sooner as a result. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes - in my Master's program, there are quite a few people applying to clinical programs. I asked a fellow student today and he said most were due December 1.

Yes - in my Master's program, there are quite a few people applying to clinical programs. I asked a fellow student today and he said most were due December 1.

Hmmm... 4 of my apps were due around the same time... though 1 was due on Dec. 10 and 2 were due on Dec. 15.

tupacodaman, how do you know you've been rejected from Princeton?? Did you get some kind of letter?

someone posted that they got an email invite for an interview at princeton (social psychology) on january 14th

lol. I wasn't expecting to get in (super competitive+both PIs I was interested in working with told me back in October that they may not take any students this year) so add that with the fact I haven't heard about interview weekend and I assume I'm not being considered anymore

I was the one with the UMD interview, I chatted with my POI on Skype for about 30 min. He told me that there is no in-person/ invited interview for the department.. only people who get offers will be invited to the school. I'll PM my POI to you guys who posted above

I was the one with the UMD interview, I chatted with my POI on Skype for about 30 min. He told me that there is no in-person/ invited interview for the department.. only people who get offers will be invited to the school. I'll PM my POI to you guys who posted above

Can you let me know as well? Thanks!

Also, I had a question:

It seems like the majority of admissions notifications/results are being posted by clinical and counseling psych people. If this self-selection, or do most schools take care of admissions for their clinical programs (the most competitive) before anything else?

Fantastic question! I wish people would post their field of interest more often!

From what I've heard, though, clinical is earlier. That's why I wasn't sweating it until eventually checking on things here. Now, of course, I'm extremely nervous... Thanks everybody :angry:!

Still waiting to hear back from all of my programs :-/

Not looking very good, but I guess the silence is slightly better than rejection...

Edited by hinsenkamp

1 - Stanford

2 - UC Berkeley

3 - Princeton

5 - UC Santa Cruz

or

???

Also, I had a question:

I still haven't heard from UIUC. I think from past years they contact people for interviews early February. Let's hope for good news soon!!

On 1/25/2012 at 10:25 PM, tupacodaman said:

someone posted that they got an email invite for an interview at princeton (social psychology) on january 14th

Did you also apply to Social psych program in WashU? Did they already give offers? I applied there, so just got curious;)

1 - Stanford

2 - UC Berkeley

3 - Princeton

5 - UC Santa Cruz

or

???

Also, I had a question:

UIUC actually extended interviews very early this year (in late December). I believe that all interviews have been extended for (at least) the social and developmental programs. Sorry if this is bad news!

UIUC actually extended interviews very early this year (in late December). I believe that all interviews have been extended for (at least) the social and developmental programs. Sorry if this is bad news!

I called the department a couple weeks ago...they said the invites for social should be out around Feb 1st...weird