Structural Engineering Admission's Process Fall 2012

guishediaz

hey guys, I got into Rutgers MS in Structural Engineering. I am actually not very sure about how the program is ranked in USA? Does anyone of you looked into Rutgers at any point of time?

Thanks.

Rutgers is ranked 41 for Civil Engineering Grad program in US News Ranking.

I know the ranking as such but how about the prospects after MS? Jobs and how is it rated in the industry?

I don't know the exact situation, but given the ranking and the location of the school it shouldn't be bad.

Masters applicant here. The last few weeks have been nerve wracking as I have awaited results.

Here are my stats:

Undergrad: Architectural Engineering, GPA 3.3

GRE: V550/Q760/A5.0

Professional Experience: 2 years with general contractor

Last week I found out I was admitted to Politecnico di Milano for Architectural Engineering. Berkeley and Stanford are my dream, but they seem like a long shot. Anyway, thought I would add my info, and will keep you posted what I hear from schools.

Hello everyone.I'm a Fulbright Grantee and have been applied for Structural Engineering/Earthquake Engineering MS studies of

UCBerkeley,UCLA,University of Illinois-Urbana,Champaign,Gatech,Stanford University and Columbia University.

Undergrad: Middle East Technical University-Turkey

CGPA: 3.77/4.0 (2nd ranked)

TOEFL Score: 99/120

GRE Scores: Quantitative:790, Verbal:320 A.writing:3.5

Quantitative: 166, Verbal:149 A.writing:2.5 (recent scores)

And, I have no admission yet..

Hello everyone.I'm a Fulbright Grantee and have been applied for Structural Engineering/Earthquake Engineering MS studies of

UCBerkeley,UCLA,University of Illinois-Urbana,Champaign,Gatech,Stanford University and Columbia University.

Undergrad: Middle East Technical University-Turkey

CGPA: 3.77/4.0 (2nd ranked)

TOEFL Score: 99/120

GRE Scores: Quantitative:790, Verbal:320 A.writing:3.5

Quantitative: 166, Verbal:149 A.writing:2.5 (recent scores)

And, I have no admission yet..

Hey! I am a Fulbright Grantee from Dominican Republic. I am working with LASPAU for the academic placement and we have three universities in common. Wish u the best of lucks!

To those applying to Stanford: Do you think we will be notified by email or by postal letter? It seems like decisions should come out soon because they have a visitation scheduled for all accepted applicants on March 16. They have to give people enough time to get tickets and get there, right?

Hey! I am a Fulbright Grantee from Dominican Republic. I am working with LASPAU for the academic placement and we have three universities in common. Wish u the best of lucks!

Institute of International Education is responsible for my placement.I wish u good chance too:)

Received an acceptance from UCSD on Feb 16th, and an acceptance from Stanford yesterday (Feb 27) for Masters of Science. Just waiting on UCB.

Stats are as follows:

Undergrad: Top 5 civil undergrad school

GPA: 3.73 cumulative

GRE: Verbal 680, Math 720, Writing 5

LOR: Very strong. My recommenders all told me they wrote very strong letters.

Research: Assisted a grad student with his thesis. Worked as a materials development intern.

Work experience: 5 years as a mechanic (during school), 1 summer as materials development intern, 1 summer as consulting intern, 1 year full time consulting (took a one year break from school)

Received an acceptance from UCSD on Feb 16th, and an acceptance from Stanford yesterday (Feb 27) for Masters of Science. Just waiting on UCB.

Stats are as follows:

Research: Assisted a grad student with his thesis. Worked as a materials development intern.

Work experience: 5 years as a mechanic (during school), 1 summer as materials development intern, 1 summer as consulting intern, 1 year full time consulting (took a one year break from school)

Congrats on your acceptances! How did you get your Stanford acceptance, mail, email?

Stats are as follows:

Congrats!!! Your profile looks great! If you don't mind me asking - did you happen to receive funding for MS?

Congrats!!! Your profile looks great! If you don't mind me asking - did you happen to receive funding for MS?

I applied for funding, and my letter says that they realize I want funding but that no funding decisions have been made yet and they will have all funding decisions made by April 7th. Not sure how true that is (has anyone else heard about funding?). Hoping that I get funding since there is no way I can go to Stanford without funding.

Just received an email from a professor from Berkeley telling me the following:

"Mr Diaz

Your application is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

You will hear from them by the end of March.

Meanwhile, please summarize your funding details."

Does this mean that own funding is really necessary to ensure admissions??? It sucks if that's the case! :(

I applied for funding, and my letter says that they realize I want funding but that no funding decisions have been made yet and they will have all funding decisions made by April 7th. Not sure how true that is (has anyone else heard about funding?). Hoping that I get funding since there is no way I can go to Stanford without funding.

Yeah, I would definitely need funding too. Congrats nonetheless!

Has anyone of you attended the recruiting weekend at UIUC on Feb 25? Did they say anything about funding?

When did u get the admission from northeastern Robin, I have not heard anything from them. How 's about fund of NEU?

Just received an email from a professor from Berkeley telling me the following:

"Mr Diaz

Your application is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

You will hear from them by the end of March.

Meanwhile, please summarize your funding details."

Does this mean that own funding is really necessary to ensure admissions??? It sucks if that's the case! :(

Man, maybe the prof want to admit u. And u got the Fulbright scholarship, right. I guess u will get the admission from UCB soon.

When did u get the admission from northeastern Robin, I have not heard anything from them. How 's about fund of NEU?

I received my admission letter today by email. The letter didn't say nothing concrete about funding. It said that the faculties are waiting on their funding proposals. If they receive any grants, I will be considered for assistantship and will be notified by email. But they invited me to their open house on March 23. I wasn't expecting decisions from Northeastern this early. Hopefully you will get your decision in a day or two.

Which other schools did you apply?

Edited by mrhr0bin

I received my admission letter today by email. The letter didn't say nothing concrete about funding. It said that the faculties are waiting on their funding proposals. If they receive any grants, I will be considered for assistantship and will be notified by email. But they invited me to their open house on March 23. I wasn't expecting decisions from Northeastern this early. Hopefully you will get your decision in a day or two.

Which other schools did you apply?

I have just updated my signature.

Gluck man.