Structural Engineering Admission's Process Fall 2012

guishediaz

no funding! Funding is very keen. Why cornell? Why ivy?

Are there really no funding available for international students? :wacko:

hi EngGeo

have you contacted any professors or cee grad of cornell? Did they say anything? Did they send you FRF with admission letter?

Nope, I have not contacted any prof yet but I already received an FRF with admission letter. Do you think I need to contact professors on their CEE Department to secure funding? It's indicated in the admision letter that funding decisions will be made until no later than April 1.

Are there really no funding available for international students? :wacko:

Nope, I have not contacted any prof yet but I already received an FRF with admission letter. Do you think I need to contact professors on their CEE Department to secure funding? It's indicated in the admision letter that funding decisions will be made until no later than April 1.

april 01 is very close! Notification regarding funding was supposed to come after mid march but no later than april 01. I am afraid for that. In previous years these are the days for notification of funding. You can write emails regarding this issue to CEE Grad.

april 01 is very close! Notification regarding funding was supposed to come after mid march but no later than april 01. I am afraid for that. In previous years these are the days for notification of funding. You can write emails regarding this issue to CEE Grad.

Yep, we still got a week to wait until April 1. Are you also offered admission at Cornell? What program did you apply to?

Has anyone heard back from MIT (PhD)? I need an answer ASAP since I need to apply to a scholarship which deadline is April 17th. I've tried emaling the program coordinator but hasn't replied.

Well... my grant covers housing, dining and could cover part of tuition...but don´t know how much is it.... I know their annual stipend goes between 14000-22000 a year in my country.... since UCB did not waive my tuition then I have to wait for my academic placer to check with the fulbright commission if it s possible to cover the total or a portion of the tuition.... in the meanwhile, UIUC is trying to waive my tuition...so we´ll see...

Hi ! how did u come to know about UIUC result, because I called up Mickey a week ago and got a reply that from 26th they have started giving the results to all the candidates.

Hi ! how did u come to know about UIUC result, because I called up Mickey a week ago and got a reply that from 26th they have started giving the results to all the candidates.

You mean results about the acceptance? If so, I was already admitted for Spring 2012 and I deferred; so, they needed to make a new letter for Fall. However, I have not heard back from the tuition waiver, but Mickey told me they asked for it in the department since I am a LASPAU/Fulbright candidate.

Have you heard back from them?

You mean results about the acceptance? If so, I was already admitted for Spring 2012 and I deferred; so, they needed to make a new letter for Fall. However, I have not heard back from the tuition waiver, but Mickey told me they asked for it in the department since I am a LASPAU/Fulbright candidate.

Have you heard back from them?

No, I have not heard back from them regarding the decision yet; but in this forum, have seen couple of accept and reject and really don't know when they are going to inform their decision.

Still waiting to hear back the results from UIUC, Stanford, UMich, Columbia, and UW-seattle. Waiting for funding decision from Georgia Tech, they said the decision will be made in Late Mar. Things make me so nervous.

Edited by old

I applied for MS but haven't heard a word from UIUC, either.

Are you accepting the offer from john hopkins? Nothing is going right for me. I am rejected from Virginia Tech and waitlisted at John Hopkins. Still to get any kinda decision from UIUC or Georgia Tech. Looks like this is not going to be my year.

I'm still waiting to hear about funding from CEE at Cornell, although I applied in Environmental Processes. Their graduate program coordinator is on leave until June but her temporary replacement told me that they were making decisions this week and into next week. Hoping for the best...

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone heard about ms funding from Stanford yet? Thanks!

I haven't heard yet. Are you applying for Masters or Phd?