Structural Engineering Admission's Process Fall 2012

guishediaz

Man, maybe the prof want to admit u. And u got the Fulbright scholarship, right. I guess u will get the admission from UCB soon.

I wrote my academic placer and she congratulated me for the email and told me she was directly writing to the professor. Wish me luck!!

From UCB (Shelley) : Decisions are sent out now through the end of April. I do not know when your decision will be made, however, I can let the faculty admissions officer know that you have a deadline.

From UCB (Shelley) : Decisions are sent out now through the end of April. I do not know when your decision will be made, however, I can let the faculty admissions officer know that you have a deadline.

When is it, your deadline?

Anyone hear back from JHU yet? Feel like I jinxed the board with my first post.

No news from JHU yet. My POI at JHU told me I should hear back from them in early March. So hopefully we will get our decisions by next week.

Me too got a rejection at the same time from Princeton. let me know if u get any update from UIUC...

Definitely. Hopefully news will start to filter in. Yeah, Princeton is extremely selective and it's a small program.

For ones who applied to Uni of Washington: My friend studying in UW said that the Commitee begin reviewing applications next week, the the decision will be given out next 2 weeks.

omg, too slow

Just got rejected from UCLA today. Probably bad news for the rest of the applications too.... was probably too ambitious with my school choices.

Hey did anybody got admit from these univs

1. MIT

2. Caltech

3. UT Austin

4. UIUC

5. Princeton

Received an e-mail from MIT this afternoon informing me of my admission, but that the official letter has been fed-exed to my house and they just wanted to inform me of their decision before the weekend.

Just got rejected from UCLA today. Probably bad news for the rest of the applications too.... was probably too ambitious with my school choices.

Sorry to hear this. Don't feel too bad though. You may get a surprise. Hopefully everything turns out well.

Edited by Jrock4real

Received an e-mail from MIT this afternoon informing me of my admission, but that the official letter has been fed-exed to my house and they just wanted to inform me of their decision before the weekend.

Did you apply for MS or M. Eng? and under whom in MIT? Because I know most of the Professors there as I have studied there as an exchange student in my junior year. I have applied under Prof. Ulm

I have recently received my first acceptance from Stanford University today via the postal service. They haven't told anything about scholarships or assistantships in the letter. I wish all of you good luck...

Was accepted to UCSD via email today. I am very excited, if I don't hear from any others, it will be a tough decision between Milan and UCSD. Still holding out for Stanford and Berkeley though.

Not sure how I could get into UCSD and not into UCLA. From everything I've heard, UCSD has the reputation as being much better for structural engineering than UCLA.