Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

I would really love for UCSD to make some more moves today. Every day that my application remains "under review" it becomes harder to keep my expectations in check.

word. it would be cool if any of the ten schools i applied to made some moves.

word. it would be cool if any of the ten schools i applied to made some moves.

hey! am i remembering correctly that you had the UNC interview?  If so, did they give you any idea about the time frame for decisions to be released?  I've been expecting them to move, but alas, nothing... sigh

hey! am i remembering correctly that you had the UNC interview?  If so, did they give you any idea about the time frame for decisions to be released?  I've been expecting them to move, but alas, nothing... sigh

Yup - it was more of them asking a few pointed questions they needed answers to than an interview. The person I spoke with said that the admissions committee was "in the middle of making decisions" and that I should hear "really soon." so that was helpful, haha.

On 2/5/2013 at 9:18 AM, upam said:

Any guesses on what might come out today?

On 2/5/2013 at 9:23 AM, chaetzli said:

Michigan (Ann Arbor)?

On 2/5/2013 at 9:25 AM, PhDhopeful2013 said:

i second this guess.

Any reasoning behind this guess?  This is pretty much my first pick, so of course I'm dying to know and haven't received word from any program yet. 

I can only speak for the schools I've been tracking, but last year Wisconsin and WashU StL, as well as Michigan, were out by now.   

Michigan (Ann Arbor)?

I'll third this guess. Half of me is anxious to hear their decision but the other half wants to keep the Michigan dream alive just a little while longer.

Edited by Quigley

Yup - it was more of them asking a few pointed questions they needed answers to than an interview. The person I spoke with said that the admissions committee was "in the middle of making decisions" and that I should hear "really soon." so that was helpful, haha.

OK thanks... well i guess "really soon" is better than "a few weeks".... maybe...

I'll third this guess. Half of me is anxious to hear their decision but the other half wants to keep the Michigan dream alive just a little while longer :)

Well put.  It would save many panic attacks if programs announced admissions in order from least difficult to get into, to most difficult to get into.

To the person who got into UVA (if you're on this forum of course), first off major congrats! Second: where on the website did it say you had been admitted? did you go into your application or is there a status checker I'm not aware of? Just curuious so I can have one more site to hit refresh on....

Any reasoning behind this guess?  This is pretty much my first pick, so of course I'm dying to know and haven't received word from any program yet. 

I can only speak for the schools I've been tracking, but last year Wisconsin and Wash U StL, as well as Michigan, were out by now.   

well my reasoning was based on last year's results (which were already out by now as you say), and from someone on here with some info who said Mich would be releasing this week....

Anyone else waiting for Texas-Austin or Chicago?

I applied to Chicago. It looks like most of their admits from last year came on Feb 7th, though the cruelly didn't reject people until Feb 29 - March 1.