Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

I haven't, but I don't think they have sent out any rejections (whether or not they are done admitting).

I sent Kathy an email asking her if they are done admitting. No response yet. I will let you know what the response is (if I get one). 

I work at University of Chicago so I thought perhaps they might give me a little extra consideration... but apparently not. I'm ok with it though! It was my last choice out of all of the places I applied  ^_^

Congratulations to everyone who got in but I've been trying to get OUT of this dirty, expensive, crime-ridden city!

edit - don't worry guys, you won't get murdered in hyde park at least

Edited by tlh0223

I sent Kathy an email asking her if they are done admitting. No response yet. I will let you know what the response is (if I get one). 

Thanks! Also @mackinCheese, thanks for the heads up on UCSD.

For those like me still waiting to hear from UCSD, I've been in conversation with a grad student I know there and no final acceptance decisions have been made yet. Also, no word on a timeframe for those either.

do you know if tentative decisions have beeen made or anything? sorry for being neurotic...

do you know if tentative decisions have beeen made or anything? sorry for being neurotic...

Maybe. I didn't want to grill my contact. What I do know is that the adcom usually circulates a list of admits to the department and that hasn't happened yet.

Sorry for the vagueness overall, but I figured that any news about the process's status would be welcome.

Edited by mackinCheese

Did Chicago sent out all of their acceptances today? Wonder if there's anyone who applied to Chicago but haven't heard from them yet...

I haven't heard from them either. =( 

Does anyone know if they send out rejections on the same day as well? What about those they offer MAPSS/CIR to? 

Also, living in Asia means I'm literally gonna have sleepless nights now. 

In the past Chicago sent out rejects many weeks later than accepts. By my count (yes, I'm crazy), last year 9 admits were posted, so far this year we're up to 6 :/

Quigley, in what form did your UNC acceptance arrive?

The first was an automated email alerting me to check ApplyYourself, where the decision letter was uploaded. 

But, I have since also received e-mails from the DGS and a professor that I mentioned in my SOP. 

Hey all-- another LTL here. I'm one of the Chicago admits (the one with hilariously uneven GRE scores, 170v/152q/3.5aw). My subfield is theory. I've pissed myself thrice today and I'm still not entirely certain this isn't all some sick, sick joke. 

Ah, good point setgree. Well, any and all are welcome to PM me for the Chicago email address in question. 

Also, if you're heartbroken, or nearing it: I can definitely attest to what we all already know is true-- namely, that this is an absurd game of (mostly) luck. Frankly, most of us were lucky to even be in a position to apply for grad school at all (all things considered). Doubt it counts for much, but still. 

Unrelated to Chicago ...

Glad to see your GREs were similar to mine.  169v/158q/4aw.  Gives me hope that I won't immediately be thrown out from consderation.  Sucks, because my writing is generally very strong (in past tests, 5.5+ consistently).

Gives me hope ;)