Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Congrats!  Out of interest, what sub-field are those who have heard from Chicago?  A friend of mine who was also accepted studies American politics.  The email also went to his spam folder, by the way.

Edited by Longtime Lurker

Since I haven't gotten an interview with the University of Washington, should I consider that as a rejection?

I hope not. I haven't heard anything from U of C. I don't think I can handle two rejections at the same time. 

First of all, i had to look up "their ears were burning," that's a great phrase, I'm going to use it more often. second, it said "Greetings from U Chicago!" and its entire text was "see attached." Attached was a very nice letter detailing the stipend for which I've been "recommended," lord only knows what that means, visiting students day/travel stipend (it's march 7-8), and the itinerary for visiting students day.

I hope your all good news comes soon! (Also i meant to say, UCSD, the school from which I got rejected last week). For half a minute this morning I was considering applying to their masters program, and also to a variety of other jobs for next year, but now i know, I'm in somewhere i'm very happy with.

I feel like Biggie- "It was all a dream, I used to read word up magazine..."

Congrats! Gives me hope that I might still get into my higher ranked choices. Nice touch with the Biggie Smalls reference.

Yea, I guarantee a few do too. A few I've met in the past have said how informative it is to look after decisions are out (so they can try and gauge responses I guess?).

That's great!

Oh no, UW bloodbath today!

UW massacre  :wacko:

Damn!  Type "political science" in the results search, and your screen will bleed cheese!!  That's the first time I've seen a half-page hammering go out at once.