Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Anyone care to make predictions about what we'll see in the updated USNWR rankings tomorrow?

I'll bite: a jump in OSU's overall ranking and IR subfield ranking, followed by next year's applicants' increased appreciation for the advice given by the numerous generous OSU faculty members on this board. :)

I'll bite: a jump in OSU's overall ranking and IR subfield ranking, followed by next year's applicants' increased appreciation for the advice given by the numerous generous OSU faculty members on this board. :)

:)  Thanks. And to beat Irfan to the punch, that'd be IR and Comparative....

On this topic, just saw an interesting 2007 article on a ranking system for political science based on placements (summary and paper; hat tip to Jan Box-Steffensmeier). Might provide additional info for those of you on the fence.

Good luck to everyone waitlisted out there! Clearly things can change for the better (and quickly!)!!

Congrats! Your acceptance really gives me hope! Maryland is my top choice, so I hope to also get the email about being accepted off the wait list!

:)  Thanks. And to beat Irfan to the punch, that'd be IR and Comparative....

On this topic, just saw an interesting 2007 article on a ranking system for political science based on placements (summary and paper; hat tip to Jan Box-Steffensmeier). Might provide additional info for those of you on the fence.

I notice that the only placement that counts for that study is R1 placement.  And while that is my most-preferred outcome, I realize it might not be everyone's.  Furthermore, my satisfaction with placement at a quality liberal arts schools vs. satisfaction of not being placed anywhere is very different, but the two are basically treated the same by this study.

It is still extremely valuable, but just pointing out the possible methodological issues for those of you who may just have scrolled down to the rankings. :)

Anyone heard anything about the Phd policy program at GWU? I checked the results section, and only master's students have posted with the exception of 1 phd applicant (which may be a fluke?). I thought they were supposed to post, via their website, today...