Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Why, did you ask them not to refer you to the MA? I checked the box not to be referred, already have an MA so not sure why they'd suggest, or I'd desire, another!

Yeah. I did exactly that, but still got admitted to the MA anyways.

Claiming the recent UC Santa Cruz theory admit.  Very warm and detailed letter from POI.  Unofficial info on funding (have to wait for the bureaucratic machinery to do its laborious work before specific details emerge), but initial indications are that it is a very competitive offer for 5 years of support.  I hope everyone here receives good news this week!

Claiming the recent UC Santa Cruz theory admit.  Very warm and detailed letter from POI.  Unofficial info on funding (have to wait for the bureaucratic machinery to do its laborious work before specific details emerge), but initial indications are that it is a very competitive offer for 5 years of support.  I hope everyone here receives good news this week!

Congrats!!

Thanks!  I see by your signature that we've applied to many of the same programs.  Are you planning on attending the Colorado or Minnesota visitation days?

Yeah, I thought that was funny - I guess theory ppl know where to apply! I will be going to both those. You? 

I'm hoping it's not over yet, but I'm guessing if we don't hear by the end of the week it's over :/

So, is it safe to say if you applied to Berkeley but haven't heard, you're toast?

I'm assuming as much, but I guess you never know.

I'm kind of feeling the same way about Berkeley, but hopefully not all the offers are out yet.

So, is it safe to say if you applied to Berkeley but haven't heard, you're toast?

No it is not safe to assume this. If and when they decide to reject you, they'll send the letter. Admissions is like quantum physics. Until the decision takes a final form that you observe, i.e. a letter in your hand, and not your inference based on the unreliable information of a message board, it's an unknown.

Edited by setgree

Has anyone else applied to Indiana, Bloomington? Think we'll hear from them this week? Last year's results have acceptances around this time. 

My guess is Thursday or Friday. That's based on the same historical results data you're referring to, however, so your guess is as good as mine