Vee

jrg- yes I did recieve an e-mail from SSHRC saying they had received my application in February.. so I think I'm probably on the wait-list (as that was what my school recommended), and that they'll contact me should funds become available.

do you have any additional insights into the wait-list process and hearing from SSHRC?

Hi everyone,

I have a very interesting dilemma! I am a Clinical Psychology graduate student. I applied for the SSHRC CGS Master's Scholarship and was forwarded to the national competition in February. I've been checking the mail like a maniac for the last two weeks, and still nothing (even though ALL of the other applicants from my school have received their letters). I decided to email SSHRC and see what was going on... this is the email that I got back:

Thank you for your email. There were problems that were identified in certain applications that did not meet the terms with our eligibility criteria. We are currently finalizing the verification of the applications and will be able to share your results with you within the next two weeks.

I was very confused about this, as I cannot imagine what would need to be verified in my application. I took the email to the head of my department and he expressed the following concern: A few years ago SSHRC decided to NOT award scholarships to students in clinical programs, even if their research proposal was not clinically based - there was a huge uproar about this and the decision was later revoked. The concern is that it has been reinstated for this year.

What I am wondering is, are there any other students out there who are still waiting for their letters AND are/will be enrolled in a CLINICAL graduate program?

I'm in the same boat. Clinical based program waiting impatiently for my letter to come in the mail. I'm happy you posted something because I was actually going to email them myself. It'd be pretty unfair if they decided not to award clinical based programs scholarships without any warning. Multiple people in my program received the scholarship last year so I know we are usually successful. I was also sent forward from my university. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

I'm in the same boat. Clinical based program waiting impatiently for my letter to come in the mail. I'm happy you posted something because I was actually going to email them myself. It'd be pretty unfair if they decided not to award clinical based programs scholarships without any warning. Multiple people in my program received the scholarship last year so I know we are usually successful. I was also sent forward from my university. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

I applied for SSHRC funding for Clinical Psychology and was funded. Masters level.

I did a little more digging and it seems like SSHRC will be going through our applications very carefully to determine whether our proposals are appropriate on a case-by-case basis. My understanding is that they won't outright eliminate us because of our clinical affiliation, but will go through our applications more stringently because of it. So, there's still a chance for us if we were careful enough in our Program of Study... fingers crossed :)

Good morning everyone,

I am new to this forum, but gotta start somewhere!

I rec'd my SSHRC Notice of Award May 29, 2012 (even though it was dated May 17, 2012). I was shaking when I saw the letter in my mailbox. I was terrified since I was denied by OGS!

Here are my stats...

-completed 4yr HBA in 3yrs while working f/t as a Law Clerk - graduated First Class Standing

-attended and completed a college diploma program (Law Clerks Diploma) at the same time as completing my HBA

-undergrad GPA - 84%

-grad GPA - 84%

-Marking Assistant in 4th year

-Research Assistant since May 2011

-Teaching Assistant since September 2011

I applied to SSHRC through the Faculty of Graduate Studies at Lakehead University.

...this year funding is awesome for me.

Congratulations to everyone who received an award!!

nope.. I'm an alternate and haven't heard back from SSHRC yet- but my understanding is I won't until at least the deadline for replies by successful candidates has passed.

I'm an alternate as well and still haven't heard anything yet. Not expecting anything but I would still like to know! Hoping to hear soon.

Will let you guys know if/when I hear. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I was sent forward on the A list from my university and I still haven't heard yet. So my guess is you guys won't hear until at least after I've heard. Last I heard from SSHRC is they were reviewing my application to see if it met eligibility criteria and they'd let me know in a couple weeks. And that was a couple weeks ago so hopefully soon. I guess the good news for you guys is if mine doesn't meet the eligibility criteria there will be more up for grabs for you! Good luck!

I also have not heard. I have been calling everyday and I am on a list of 100 people in which decisions have not yet been made and will not until at least NEXT wednesday!! AFTER THE OGS deadline!!! Rggghhhh. There is no reason why we have not heard nothing specific about us. We're just terribly unlucky :(

Hi everyone. For those of you who were successful and have done the payment forms: did you use your current address or the one you will have during the payment of your award? I'm very confused about which to use, as I will be staying in a school apartment building, and my permanent address will still be the one in my hometown. I'm thinking my permanent one, as the payment comes from the school and not SSHRC, but I'm very confused. My school will be paying it out through cheques; I'm thinking I should verify if the cheques will be mailed or if they need to be picked up before completing the form. Any thoughts? I know this is a bit of a paranoid question, but I really don't want anything to get lost (or have to travel hours home to get it)!

Hi everyone. For those of you who were successful and have done the payment forms: did you use your current address or the one you will have during the payment of your award? I'm very confused about which to use, as I will be staying in a school apartment building, and my permanent address will still be the one in my hometown. I'm thinking my permanent one, as the payment comes from the school and not SSHRC, but I'm very confused. My school will be paying it out through cheques; I'm thinking I should verify if the cheques will be mailed or if they need to be picked up before completing the form. Any thoughts? I know this is a bit of a paranoid question, but I really don't want anything to get lost (or have to travel hours home to get it)!

I think most schools will mail the cheques. However, you should see if your school will allow you to do direct deposit and that way you can avoid the mailing issue. I can't really answer the question though because I am not moving to a new location and I get direct deposit. Hopefully someone else can confirm for you. Bona Fortuna!

When people start hearing about the waitlist, POST POST POST!

Yes, PLEASE!!! I check my mailbox and this thread erryday :(. I think we should find out before August though...

When people start hearing about the waitlist, POST POST POST!

I was waitlisted and have received notice of the award today!

However, I was also awarded OGS and decided to accept it (thinking the wait-list was a shot in the dark) on June 29th. Has anyone else experienced this or know if there is a way to decline OGS after being awarded and accept SSHRC instead?

Hi folks

So I'm new here but I was wait listed and received notice that I got the award yesterday. I live in a rural area so it took a while to get here in the mail since the date on the letter was a week and a half ago.

I applied through Queen's but I'm going to UofT/TST/Trinity in the fall.

Were waitlisted people actually informed that they were on the waitlist?

I haven't heard anything except that A) they got my application (back in March) and B) that they mailed out the results (this past Friday)... still waiting on any mail, although I am from BC so maybe it's taking longer?

Were waitlisted people actually informed that they were on the waitlist?

I haven't heard anything except that A) they got my application (back in March) and B) that they mailed out the results (this past Friday)... still waiting on any mail, although I am from BC so maybe it's taking longer?

I e-mailed them when first round offers were sent out and I didnt receive anything and they informed me that I was an alternate.