Applications for Fall 2013!

I am going into panic mode waiting to hear back from schools. When people applied to UCLA, did you receive confirmation e-mails stating they received your transcripts / GREs? I was looking back on past forums for the previous years and they said they received these confirmation e-mails and I did not. I am trying to refrain from panicking and calling the school, even though it is completely late. 

Same here. I'm checking my email multiple times a day. They probably won't let us know until February 28th. :(

I wrote an email asking about the decision date few days ago. They also said they will release the results by the end of Feb. Seems like the only thing we can do now is waiting...

Re: UCLA.  I applied by the Dec 15th deadline and would only hear back if I inquired about particular materials.  I wanted to confirm they had received my final transcripts and they did respond.  They never sent the GRE email confirmation that they stated they would send.  Also -- last year applicants got their decisions from mid-February through April.

Not yet time to panic, more than likely.  It's really early.  :-)

Can I do that?  I didn't know you could withdraw.. :/

Yes, I think from what I've read from past forums people have done that especially with CSULA since they only give you 2 weeks to accept from the moment they send out an acceptance letter.

@paige_elizabeth 10 @magiec

I applied by the December 15 deadline and I heard back via phone. Good luck!

Great, thanks for the response. I applied to the January deadline...so I probably won't be hearing back for a while. I'm worried that my chances became significantly lower because I applied late(ish). Ugh  :unsure:

Great, thanks for the response. I applied to the January deadline...so I probably won't be hearing back for a while. I'm worried that my chances became significantly lower because I applied late(ish). Ugh  :unsure:

I called today regarding my application and Lance Fooks was super nice. He let me know whether or not my application as been reviewed or not. I wouldn't worry about your chances being lower since the fellowship deadline applied to all graduate programs! It seems like it was just a UCLA general deadline if you wanted fellowship considerations.

Oh definitely, without a doubt! I can't wait!

I will probably be seeing you there! Still waiting to hear from Fordham and see if they also give me some scholarship funds, and interview with Hunter is coming up soon. Will keep u posted since we may very well be classmates!

Has anyone heard from Columbia yet?

I got an email back in December stating that they typically send out decisions in early March. I also completed my FAFSA last week since they emailed requesting that we do so by Feb 15th.

I got an email back in December stating that they typically send out decisions in early March. I also completed my FAFSA last week since they emailed requesting that we do so by Feb 15th.
I just heard from Columbia about half an hour ago via email - accepted! They said my decision was ready to view and directed me to sign into the application website. You have to scroll down when you sign in to find the "view decision" link - I signed in expecting to see it right away at the top of the page and was holding my breath! They need my decision by 3/30 and have a $400 deposit. I'm still waiting for a few schools to get back to me so hopefully by 3/30 I'll have a better idea of where I want to go. Good luck everyone, hope you hear soon!

I just heard from Columbia about half an hour ago via email - accepted! They said my decision was ready to view and directed me to sign into the application website. You have to scroll down when you sign in to find the "view decision" link - I signed in expecting to see it right away at the top of the page and was holding my breath! They need my decision by 3/30 and have a $400 deposit. I'm still waiting for a few schools to get back to me so hopefully by 3/30 I'll have a better idea of where I want to go. Good luck everyone, hope you hear soon!

My letter has the same info and also states that scholarship info will be emailed in the next two weeks. That is key for me- otherwise my scholarship to NYU is too good to pass up!

Congrats!!

Accepted to Penn, Michigan, NYU and Columbia. Very exciting times! Congratulations to everyone :)

Hi congrats to the news! I was wondering what is your gpa and all that because I am getting super scared because I applied to two of the same schools as you but didnt receive any emails.