MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

Any word yet from Cornell or Columbia? Noticed that something changed today on my Application Status page for Columbia - my transcript now reads as "Received," meaning apparently that they have reviewed my application. Yikes! Starting to freak out....

You have a while to wait for Columbia. They probably won't send out interview invites until around the first week of March. O_O

You have a while to wait for Columbia. They probably won't send out interview invites until around the first week of March. O_O

Thanks! Good to know I guess, however painful... Ugh! Guess I'd better direct my nerves at the FAFSA....

I know this thread is primarily about colleges in the US, but does anyone know anything about Central Saint Martins in London? They don't have an application deadline or a date by which they notify you if you've been accepted, listed on their website, so I'm a little confused.

Any word yet from Cornell or Columbia? Noticed that something changed today on my Application Status page for Columbia - my transcript now reads as "Received," meaning apparently that they have reviewed my application. Yikes! Starting to freak out....

Cornell's deadline for apps isn't until the 15th. I doubt they've even started to review them. 

I thought it was Jan 7th? from the website: "The application deadline is January 7 of the year in which you wish to enter."

http://aap.cornell.edu/art/admissions/grad-admissions.cfm

Oops, yeah you're right. I don't know where I even got that from. Must not respond as soon as I wake up, lol. 

I haven't seen anything on here about UC Berkeley. Website says they usually respond the first week of Feb, but there is nothing in gradcafe's result search...Any word??

I got interviewed about a week and a half ago and got notice two days ago that I made it :)

Just got an email about the interview day for SAIC's Sculpture department. Sounds simultaneously interesting and like absolute mayhem.

Hey! Did you apply to performance and sculpture?  Are they seperate programs at SAIC? Good Luck! 

Its only mayhem if you are applying to multiple departments.
That's good to know; I'm only interviewing with Sculpture. It just sounds like a huge event, though I would guess that all makes it a lot of fun. Any recommendations for the interview?
Hey! Did you apply to performance and sculpture?  Are they seperate programs at SAIC? Good Luck! 
Thanks! I did apply for both. I'm eager to visit and get to know the different faculty. Looks like you are fairly interdisciplinary - has that made it difficult to know which departments to apply to? And congrats on UChicago! Good luck!

why is painting the last of all possible subjects that schools review?  Or so it seems...

Math, english, history, science, psychology, and just about everyone else has heard from schools.  Even for visual arts it seems like painting is last!   ergh!  

hey everyone who applied to CMU:

I saw on their website calendar that there is a "MFA admission committee meeting" March 1.   There is nothing else on the calendar about admissions before this.  Does that mean we definitely wont hear anything until after then?  :(

Anyone apply to Ceramics programs??

Hey.  Clay is a main interest of mine.  I've applied to 3 programs- U of Washington 3D, CU boulder - Ceramics, and Rutgers - Sculpture.

Has anyone heard back from Rutgers yet?  Any idea on when they might start sending out notifications?  Thanks!!

Hey. Clay is a main interest of mine. I've applied to 3 programs- U of Washington 3D, CU boulder - Ceramics, and Rutgers - Sculpture.

Has anyone heard back from Rutgers yet? Any idea on when they might start sending out notifications? Thanks!!

Rutgers deadline just passed. I don't think we'll be hearing anything for a while.

Bleh if only I would get an email

Just FYI mine came as a letter from painting, not sculpture, so there might be departmental discrepancies. I also got my letter as early as I did bc I live in the city, obviously. since its snail mail and a crazy storm...

I would say just call them on Monday and ask when you should expect to hear if invited to interview since you are out of state??

this silence is brutal. still nothing... from anyone. If a school has already sent out waitlist & interview emails, silence = rejection, yes? maybe?